KSP2 Hype Train Thread

1 hour ago, Jacob Kerman said:

Ah, ok. Sounds cool.

So what do YOU guys think of KSP2 so far?

2 thumbs up

Yeah "Early Access" is not for everyone, if being into a game before it is done is not for you then, better to wait.

For me from what I have seen in the videos today it is everything I had hoped for and more, and I will gleefully be there at the opening, and enjoying the updates as they come along from day one. 

Edited by DwightLee

Just now, The Aziz said:

Well, where do you see it?

i don't know one of the videos, but i knew it happened

matt? i think but i think you should be able to disable it..

also, km/h for cars/planes or just being able to go km/h would be nice..

can't really understand 3.8 m/s means 13.68kmh.. even me an american uses kmh but i would really like to see an option for it

Oh WOW, that's a lot in a short span of time. Well... lots of bugs to start, but I kind of expected that, and some performance issues but it should be fine. They've talked a lot about plans to fix them, I'd honestly expect half the bugs we've seen in the videos from this event to just not even be there at release, or be dealt with in the opening few weeks. I LOVE the new stock chatterer, that should add a lot of life to future missions. I love the new VAB, with the ability to actually plan out DV requirements, and make subassemblies that work, and properly search for parts. Honestly, from the start I knew it'd be a few weeks or so before I got to play, just because of scheduling stuff, so I'll probably get there just in time to be able to play with re-entry heat and proper maneuver nodes. Looking forward to the 24th!

Edited by obney kerman

52 minutes ago, DwightLee said:

2 thumbs up

Yeah "Early Access" is not for everyone, if being into a game before it is done is not for you then, better to wait.

For me from what I have seen in the videos today it is everything I had hoped for and more, and I will gleefully be there at the opening, and enjoying the updates as they come along from day one. 

Just curious... how is it "more than everything you've hoped for" as an unfinished product that is currently less than what KSP1 offers? I only ask as an "objective" question and opinion... at Early Access launch KSP2 will be little more than a reskin of KSP1. Sure there will be a few more bells and whistles for "quality of life" improvements at launch (KSP2) but most of those are mods that could be used to bring KSP1 into close comparison.

My point is, that your "hopes and dreams" are based upon faith of the development team to deliver in coming months, rather than what's actually being released during the point of sale this coming Friday. I dig the optimism, but you're also over exaggerating what's going to be released. As I see it thus far, the dev team is already going to have their hands full with a backlash for casual fans/gamers... one of the reasons I think it's best to set expectations low (especially for a $49.00 price tag).

Edited by saxappeal89129

12 minutes ago, saxappeal89129 said:

Just curious... how is it "more than everything you've hoped for" as an unfinished product that is currently less than what KSP1 offers? I only ask as an "objective" question and opinion... at Early Access launch KSP2 will be little more than a reskin of KSP1. Sure there will be a few more bells and whistles for "quality of life" improvements at launch (KSP2) but most of those are mods that could be used to bring KSP1 into close comparison.

My point is, that your "hopes and dreams" are based upon faith of the development team to deliver in coming months, rather than what's actually being released during the point of sale this coming Friday. I dig the optimism, but you're also over exaggerating what's going to be released. As I see it thus far, the dev team is already going to have their hands full with a backlash for casual fans/gamers... one of the reasons I think it's best to set expectations low (especially for a $49.00 price tag).

In response let me relate a conversation I had a few minutes ago first. 

-----------------------

Conversation with a Kerbal fan acquaintance of mine.

Him: I saw the specs and a couple of the videos and I think this is nuts, I think they should delay release until the game is more optimized, bugs worked out and features added.

Me: Good news, that is exactly what they are doing.

Him: But it is releasing on Friday

Me: No, Early access is on Friday, I seriously doubt the game will actually release before 2025 or later. By then there will be more of the features promised, lots of time to work out bugs, and I am sure they will work on optimization, however I would not hold out too much hope as I suspect in 2025 those specs will not be out of line for a triple A title.

Him: ( stares blankly at me as if I was talking in another language )

-------------------

Now for the rest, I am looking at the core of what they have created, not feature set, not specific bugs, not current recommended specs, but the core of what they have built, UI, Sound, Physics, and the direction they are taking with the title. My response remains it is more than I had hoped for.

Now this is early access, which is not for everyone, if you are looking for the finished game, that wont be for a while and this is not for you. This is for us KSP fans that want to ride along, contribute our $50 to the project, and test, give feedback, and enjoy each update and expansion to that core as it comes along.

However I suspect you are looking at this post as my acquaintance did, as if I am speaking in another language. 

1 hour ago, Vl3d said:

Magnetic boots confirmed!

magnetic-boots.png

Funny enough, I think Matt Lowne(?) accidentally did, as his kerbal got stuck to the craft while attempting an EVA.

(It might not have been Matt, but I can't remember.)

Edit: My feed was apparently very far behind, woops :P

Edited by KSACheese
am dumb (again)

3 minutes ago, DwightLee said:

In response let me relate a conversation I had a few minutes ago first. 

-----------------------

Conversation with a Kerbal fan acquaintance of mine.

Him: I saw the specs and a couple of the videos and I think this is nuts, I think they should delay release until the game is more optimized, bugs worked out and features added.

Me: Good news, that is exactly what they are doing.

Him: But it is releasing on Friday

Me: No, Early access is on Friday, I seriously doubt the game will actually release before 2025 or later. By then there will be more of the features promised, lots of time to work out bugs, and I am sure they will work on optimization, however I would not hold out too much hope as I suspect in 2025 those specs will not be out of line for a triple A title.

Him: ( stares blankly at me as if I was talking in another language )

-------------------

Now for the rest, I am looking at the core of what they have created, not feature set, not specific bugs, not current recommended specs, but the core of what they have built, UI, Sound, Physics, and the direction they are taking with the title. My response remains it is more than I had hoped for.

Now this is early access, which is not for everyone, if you are looking for the finished game, that wont be for a while and this is not for you. This is for us KSP fans that want to ride along, contribute our $50 to the project, and test, give feedback, and enjoy each update and expansion to that core as it comes along.

However I suspect you are looking at this post as my acquaintance did, as if I am speaking in another language. 

I hear what you're saying, I just think it's interesting how people think the "price of entry" is just $49.00. It's really not... it's the price of the hardware as well; I'm pushing a 3080 12gig but I have a feeling I'm going to find some desire to upgrade after I test the game on Friday. Price of entry is going to be about $1,050... when all is said and done.

Just now, saxappeal89129 said:

I hear what you're saying, I just think it's interesting how people think the "price of entry" is just $49.00. It's really not... it's the price of the hardware as well; I'm pushing a 3080 12gig but I have a feeling I'm going to find some desire to upgrade after I test the game on Friday. Price of entry is going to be about $1,050... when all is said and done.

If you're upgrading your PC for a single game than it's not worth it for any game.

Also, if a single EA title is going to make you "feel like upgrading" your brand new PC then I assume you shouldn't really complain about the price.

The price of entry is really just 50€.

1 minute ago, saxappeal89129 said:

But these aren’t the final hardware requirements, this is just for this 0.1 early access.  Yes most of us will struggle to run the game, me included, but as it is optimized it will get easier to run. We just have to tough it out for awhile until things improve. 

7 minutes ago, Master39 said:

If you're upgrading your PC for a single game than it's not worth it for any game.

Also, if a single EA title is going to make you "feel like upgrading" your brand new PC then I assume you shouldn't really complain about the price.

The price of entry is really just 50€.

Yeah don't wanna argue... couldn't disagree more. Specs are quite outlandish for a non-AAA title, so is the POS (point of sale) $49.00 for a beta test. Anyways... moving on. Maybe some multi-threading for my X299 i79800x with 64 lanes would be wise... or hey maybe my Z690 with Raptor Lake will pick up some pieces for the coding... psssssst. Again, moving on.

Also never said I was upgrading my PC, I insinuated that I'd upgrade my lowly 3080 12gig *eyes rolling*

Edited by saxappeal89129

12 minutes ago, Grandhobbit said:

But these aren’t the final hardware requirements, this is just for this 0.1 early access.  Yes most of us will struggle to run the game, me included, but as it is optimized it will get easier to run. We just have to tough it out for awhile until things improve. 

I get that this is what they're "saying"... but there's that critical thinker in me that says "hmmm...would I like my brand new car black... or black. Please tell me more Mr. Ford".

54 minutes ago, saxappeal89129 said:

Just curious... how is it "more than everything you've hoped for" as an unfinished product that is currently less than what KSP1 offers? I only ask as an "objective" question

Apt use of quotation marks around "objective" there; if that question was any more leading it'd be a road sign. I really don't see what about the new game is 'less' than KSP1, aside from a few things that have been promised to be patched immediately after release (heating mechanics, autostrut, etc). And those are all pretty small compared to the overall picture of what the game has to offer.

9 minutes ago, saxappeal89129 said:

Yeah don't wanna argue... couldn't disagree more. Specs are quite outlandish for a non-AAA title, so is the POS (point of sale) $49.00 for a beta test. Anyways... moving on. Maybe some multi-threading for my X299 i79800x with 64 lanes would be wise... or hey maybe my Z690 with Raptor Lake will pick up some pieces for the coding... psssssst. Again, moving on.

Also never said I was upgrading my PC, I insinuated that I'd upgrade my lowly 3080 12gig *eyes rolling*

If you're buying a top of the line PC or upgrading it for a single game then one of the two must be true:

1) Money isn't a problem for you, so you shouldn't complain about prices.

2) You shouldn't be taking any financial decision on your own.

(Obviously talking about people going for the high end stuff)

No single game alone is worth the price of even the cheapest console, let alone a whole PC.

If you're not buying or upgrading your PC for KSP2 alone then why include the price of hardware you're going to use with hundreds of other games?

It's like me saying that the pizza I ate for lunch actually cost me 12005€ because I needed a car to go to the pizzeria.

34 minutes ago, saxappeal89129 said:

I would have gladly sent them $50 just to support the continuation of the project without early access, and I know I am not alone.

and no my computer is already above the recommended specs, most gaming enthusiasts be above the minimum by the time this title actually releases I would guess in 2025 or later

Edited by DwightLee

I am going to have an issue if they don't have the apsis' markers toggle. I am going to say the fact this essential feature of the UI didn't work in either of the two videos I watched made two weeks before launch makes me wonder if they spent all of their time on the cute tutorials and forgot to make the game.

Edited by ArmchairGravy

3 minutes ago, Master39 said:

If you're buying a top of the line PC or upgrading it for a single game then one of the two must be true:

1) Money isn't a problem for you, so you shouldn't complain about prices.

2) You shouldn't be taking any financial decision on your own.

(Obviously talking about people going for the high end stuff)

No single game alone is worth the price of even the cheapest console, let alone a whole PC.

If you're not buying or upgrading your PC for KSP2 alone then why include the price of hardware you're going to use with hundreds of other games?

It's like me saying that the pizza I ate for lunch actually cost me 12005€ because I needed a car to go to the pizzeria.

I remember you from before Master lmao... anyways moving on, you got my point, you disagree, I disagree with you; quite a different analogy than a gaming rig both in percentage of purchase, and in scope. lmao Keep rolling those dice though, you'll hit one of these days.

5 minutes ago, obney kerman said:

Apt use of quotation marks around "objective" there; if that question was any more leading it'd be a road sign. I really don't see what about the new game is 'less' than KSP1, aside from a few things that have been promised to be patched immediately after release (heating mechanics, autostrut, etc). And those are all pretty small compared to the overall picture of what the game has to offer.

What's objective to me, may not be to you, just because you want to defend it (your territory / the game) at all costs. Gotcha... again, I disagree with you as well. I'm being completely objective, by any modern standards for an early access game, it's both too expensive, and misses the mark as far as specs go. Now feel free to go scour the web for some unicorns to support your position; I'm happy to wait.

45 minutes ago, saxappeal89129 said:

Higher than that if you also count the price of the house that you put that computer in. 

But my computer is not for KSP alone, just as my house is not for my computer alone, your mileage may vary, I did not calculate it as the price of entry to a lot of games I own that have rather high recommended specs

Edited by DwightLee

Just now, DwightLee said:

Higher than that if you also count the price of the house that you put that computer in. 

But my computer is not for KSP alone, your mileage may vary, I did not calculate it as the price of entry to a lot of games I own that have rather high recommended specs

Hmmm... not sure what my house has to do with this but hey, if you're offering to buy at a nice price, maybe I'll sell; Christopher Communities / Vegas.

Bwahahaha... again, it's the fact that a 3080 vanilla barely makes the upper echelon specs; I seriously doubt KSP2 will be utilized as a representation of how the 4000 series cards perform, or as a benchmarking tool at anytime in the future. *evil grin*