KSP2 Hype Train Thread

Stage 5 : A new mod revolution to add ksp 2 into ksp 1

7 hours ago, The Aziz said:

No info means the game has been cancelled. Can't you see it?

Let's just see the good side ,Why would they continue to develop it after all this period ? A serious question right ?

Honestly it's kinda funny, in an "I wish I could help these people" way, to see everyone get their hopes up every Friday only to have them dashed when nothing happens.

Meanwhile, here I am, patiently waiting for the game to come out, understanding that they're going to release info when they choose, not bound to any strict schedule that the forum may have invented, and the game itself will come out when it's good and ready and I hope not a minute before that.

News about KSP 2 is worth waiting for. So is KSP 2 itself.

2 hours ago, mmamh2008 said:

Let's just see the good side ,Why would they continue to develop it after all this period ? A serious question right ?

1 hour ago, gussi111 said:

Literally nobody is saying this tho

Sarcasm. The previous person said it would come out in 2035, they were simply extending that reasoning to show the illogical nature of it. 

I will wait until the very end. No news is a good thing, it means they're working on it.

I'd rather it release in 5 years then it release this year and be infested with bugs.

Just sayin.

8 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

I still believe we will have a HUGE announcement very, very soon. Because of this, the absence of news does not anger me too much.

Yup

10 hours ago, t_v said:

Sarcasm. The previous person said it would come out in 2035, they were simply extending that reasoning to show the illogical nature of it. 

There's more to that. People are spoiled thanks to regular updates since the announcement of Show n Tell, and even though Intercept explicitly said that updates will no longer be regular, people go crazy every week and come up with apocalyptic scenarios. For no real reason. No news is NOT a sign of delay. There's no logical reason to pessimistically assume the game will be delayed beyond current year, and people need to chill out, move on, play something else, find a hobby, instead of tapping F5 every five minutes in case something appears. When it's there, it's there. Nobody should expect community managers to come every week only to say "yes it friday, everything is fine" When it's time to share important news, you all will know about it. (You know you can follow whole sections of the forum? You'll get a notification and all when something pops up) 

Jeez.

I would go further, and say that no news is good news. As I said in the other thread, they'll want to show things off in the run up to release, with the time between the things they show off decreasing and decreasing, to build the hype and buzz for when it does to release.

So, if they're not releasing things now, it could be because they're saving for the release build up. If that's true, it should mean that release is actually quite soon.

I imagine a release date would be first, with maybe another short look at some new stuff, or a new look at things we've seen previously. Then they'll want to build anticipation by releasing new things with increasing regularity.

Something like,

Release date --> 2months --> new video(s) --> 2months --> new video(s), maybe a long form interview about the game --> one month --> new videos, maybe a playthrough video of some early game stuff --> three weeks -- > maybe a limited demo --> two weeks --> release

Maybe?

Guys, as a KSP fan I am also in perennial anxiety about the release of KSP 2, but I am also aware of the fact that I have no power to release the game sooner. stay calm, the videos that show features will arrive, they are like the Philosopher's Stone, the more we want a video, the more it will not arrive, the best thing is to see it arrive when we least expect it. however usually the videos are released on the last Friday of the month (the important ones), but even if it does not arrive this should not lead to despair because "they are no longer releasing the game" but just that they have nothing important to share. knowing everything in advance can ruin the gaming experience and the "taste for discovery"

fa50033feaeccf28f2bddb3c06a108ba.jpg

Look, at least someone from the team should be answering some questions related to their previous posts and keep in touch. Isn't there a social-media manager? People on the forum should be treated as first-class clients.

13 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

People on the forum should be treated as first-class clients.

laugh-harder-oh.gif

How are they any better than people on steam/fb/whatever other social media?

Besides, sm managers know only as much as the dev team wish to tell them. And dunno if you've noticed, but some devs pop on the forum once in a while (even Nate himself) to discuss some topics, like, maybe, in their "free" time they managed to afford when they don't focus on developing the game y'all so impatiently wait for?

5 hours ago, WelshSteW said:

I would go further, and say that no news is good news.

I disagree.  Recent example: Frontier Development going silent about Elite: Dangerous Odyssey on consoles a few weeks ago, ended last week saying future support for Elite on console is being dropped.

No news is no news.  Can be expected.  Often not a problem.  Sometimes the calm before the storm.

21 hours ago, Jacke said:

I disagree.  Recent example: Frontier Development going silent about Elite: Dangerous Odyssey on consoles a few weeks ago, ended last week saying future support for Elite on console is being dropped.

No news is no news.  Can be expected.  Often not a problem.  Sometimes the calm before the storm.

The situation is quite different, Frontier has been acting like a headless chicken for years with ED, and them dropping the ball hard with Odissey wasn't a surprise to anyone, I don't know who thought trying to add a mediocre clone of Planetside 2 to ED was a good idea (an FPS expansion for a flying sim, it's like Microsoft releasing an airport terrorist FPS action DLC for Flight Simulator) but at the end of the day Frontier has already got their money for ED, they're just cutting the losses for a DLC that was a failure.
KSP2 still hasn't released in any form, there has been a lot of money invested with no return yet, even if the project is a failure they'd probably prefer releasing any partially-completed broken game they have with the promise of fixing it in the future and "do a NMS" before they just cancel it.

Edited by Master39

10 hours ago, Master39 said:

The situation is quite different, it's years Frontier has been acting like a headless chicken for years with ED, and them dropping the ball hard with Odissey wasn't a surprise to anyone, I don't know who thought trying to add a mediocre clone of Planetside 2 to ED was a good idea (an FPS expansion for a flying sim, it's like Microsoft releasing an airport terrorist FPS action DLC for Flight Simulator) but at the end of the day Frontier has already got their money for ED, they're just cutting the losses for a DLC that was a failure.
KSP2 still hasn't released in any form, there has been a lot of money invested with no return yet, even if the project is a failure they'd probably prefer releasing any partially-completed broken game they have with the promise of fixing it in the future and "do a NMS" before they just cancel it.

Good summary there on ED.  I wonder if the core problem might be things like its financial model; can its costs really be supported by game sales and ARX sales?  For a game with such fantastic features as the flight model and representing the whole Milky Way Galaxy, Frontier have really neglected it far too often.  And the grind is damn stupid.

As for KSP2, good points too.  That moves the likely state on my "No news" spectrum to "No news is no news.  Can be expected.  Often not a problem." and makes "Sometimes the calm before the storm." very unlikely.

On 3/13/2022 at 7:45 AM, The Aziz said:

laugh-harder-oh.gif

How are they any better than people on steam/fb/whatever other social media?

Besides, sm managers know only as much as the dev team wish to tell them. And dunno if you've noticed, but some devs pop on the forum once in a while (even Nate himself) to discuss some topics, like, maybe, in their "free" time they managed to afford when they don't focus on developing the game y'all so impatiently wait for?

That was great, @The Aziz. Thanks for that :joy:

Furthermore, if folks would take the time, they'd see that Nate was on the forums just 17 hours ago at the time of this posting. He's probably reading all these comments and feeling a few different things:

- Disbelief - at how quick folks are to go apocalyptic 

- Guilt - he wants this game released as badly as we do

- Relief - that there's still folks on this forum that have some sense of level-headedness

I always ask myself the question: what can I hang my hat on? People that say the game's development is dead can only hang their hats on the fact that a show and tell didn't come out last week. That's, of course, after KSPStar said there should be no expectation for a consistent show and tell release schedule. On the other hand, folks that think we're getting the game this year can hang their hats on the fact that the release window is currently April - December 2022. Not 2023, not sure where that's coming from. And anyone can go on YouTube and watch a 2021 interview with Nate that says "...we're in the final stretch, we're releasing next year." I'm no linguistics expert, but I think that means it's releasing in 2022.