KSP2 Hype Train Thread

I personally think the next feature video will come out in mid/late march and be about colonies since it's the only subject in the feature video trailer that has not been discussed yet.

This could be followed by more content at a potential Pax East appearance along with the possibility of some sort of update on release.

I also watched an interview a few months ago with Nate Simpson and when discussing multiplayer he mentioned the team was "working on a reveal" for that part of the game but that could be anything from a feature video to something shown at Pax East to something else entirely.

22 minutes ago, Minmus Taster said:

I also watched an interview a few months ago with Nate Simpson and when discussing multiplayer he mentioned the team was "working on a reveal" for that part of the game but that could be anything from a feature video to something shown at Pax East to something else entirely

Well, if Nate stays true to his comments, then this feature is the reveal for multiplayer. Then I'm at a loss for what the topic could be.

1 hour ago, Minmus Taster said:

I personally think the next feature video will come out in mid/late march and be about colonies since it's the only subject in the feature video trailer that has not been discussed yet.

This could be followed by more content at a potential Pax East appearance along with the possibility of some sort of update on release.

I also watched an interview a few months ago with Nate Simpson and when discussing multiplayer he mentioned the team was "working on a reveal" for that part of the game but that could be anything from a feature video to something shown at Pax East to something else entirely.

Hope this is the plan. A release date would be nice, but a target month/season would also suffice. By then, their will pnly be 9 possible months for the game to release in. And in all reality, it probably won't be a holiday season release.

Something that's been on mind recently is the twelve dots up on the coded message made by the dev's.

If they represented how many planet's were in this game then more than half would be revealed by now which goes against the dev's idea of keeping as much of the planets secret as possible.

54 best u/robotsquid_ images on Pholder | Space X Masterrace,  Bonehurtingjuice and Kerbal Space Program

One possibility is that were closer to release now and now the dev's can be less secretive on the stuff in the game.

A frequently brought up theory is that the upper dots represent the number of in-game star systems, but making the stars look just like the planets on the message would make no sense, also having TWELVE STAR SYSTEMS is a little unrealistic considering the time the game has been in development (not that I'm complaining that it'd be bad if there WERE twelve star systems).

1 hour ago, Minmus Taster said:

Something that's been on mind recently is the twelve dots up on the coded message made by the dev's.

If they represented how many planet's were in this game then more than half would be revealed by now which goes against the dev's idea of keeping as much of the planets secret as possible.

54 best u/robotsquid_ images on Pholder | Space X Masterrace,  Bonehurtingjuice and Kerbal Space Program

One possibility is that were closer to release now and now the dev's can be less secretive on the stuff in the game.

A frequently brought up theory is that the upper dots represent the number of in-game star systems, but making the stars look just like the planets on the message would make no sense, also having TWELVE STAR SYSTEMS is a little unrealistic considering the time the game has been in development (not that I'm complaining that it'd be bad if there WERE twelve star systems).

Think the dots are indexing marks that show the message is "this wide" and now goes vertically. 

I had hoped to hear more by now, but yeah it's feeling like holiday 2022 for release. 

I have gotten kind of bored of career mode in stock, but with all the things they say will be coming in KSP 2, I think it will be hard to get bored.   I mean, just imagine exploring other solar systems after you've launched from Kerbin in your futuristic rocket.   Makes me so excited!

On 3/1/2022 at 8:39 PM, Minmus Taster said:

My theory is that they represent the 12 months. So this could be used to tease a release date/month. It's like the Kerbals are sending us a secret message for when the game drops.

The first part of this picture appeared in May. And you need an indicator to know how wide the decrypted message should be, because otherwise you'd end up with unreadable mess. That's what the dots at the top are for.

1 hour ago, SSTO Crasher said:

Friday, FRIDAY friday. Friday? FRIDAY!

FRIDAY

47 minutes ago, PlutoISaPlanet said:

Indeed, it is Friday! 

There are high expectations for a S&T today, I hope the streak continues. Any guesses what we get today?