[BETA] KSRSS 0.7 - Kerbin (or x2.5) sized RSS

tony48

KSC location for the next release  

574 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the KSC be located?

• Cape Canaveral, Florida (28 degrees North)
    • Kourou, French Guiana (5 degrees North)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I've been playing with KSRSS for quite a while and have done multiple new saves/new installs with it, but for some reason on this round on a fresh install with all correct dependencies (have quadruple checked), the 64k textures are not working. I've gone over installation instructions, verified that the KSRSS-64k folder is in Gamedata and now in any other folder and am positive that all correct dependencies are installed exactly as they're supposed to be and I cannot get the high res textures to work. Am I the only person with this issue? Google doesn't seem to be telling me much.

• 2 weeks later...

Out of nowhere those black patches appeared on my sandbox save, idk what are they cities lights ? On map view they doesn't exist, but cities map do. Any help ?

6SzObjx.jpgbYB3Kwe.jpg02uYlCs.jpg

So, umm, where does one actually download KSRSS these days? The gitlab? Because the "releases" just say source code... so confused if we're supposed to compile something or that's just the naming of the folders..

17 minutes ago, RayneCloud said:

So, umm, where does one actually download KSRSS these days? The gitlab? Because the "releases" just say source code... so confused if we're supposed to compile something or that's just the naming of the folders..

Yeah, the Reborn branch of the Gitlab repo, installed manually.  A little cheat sheet:

Spoiler

hXmLSmQ.png

On 1/6/2024 at 7:45 PM, Kakub said:

Out of nowhere those black patches appeared on my sandbox save, idk what are they cities lights ? On map view they doesn't exist, but cities map do. Any help ?

6SzObjx.jpgbYB3Kwe.jpg02uYlCs.jpg

Im having shader glitches with the city lights aswell. At night it looks like daytime on the ground cuz the whole earth is so bright

Just wondering, does anyone else have massive lag at Ceres? Everything is fine in orbit, but as soon as I attempt to get close for landing, the MET timer is constantly yellow (not red, which would indicate the game itself is slowed down) and the game runs at only a few fps, stuttering constantly even when landed and time warping. this makes landing incredibly difficult and it's only on Ceres as far as I know, but I haven't seen it happen with any other planets/moons I have been to (Moon, Mars, Jupiter+All Moons, Saturn+Titan, Venus, Mercury). Any ideas why?

Edited by AbnormalVenegrade

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Rutabaga22 said:

Is there a way to accurately translate coordinates on real earth to KSRSS?

I've not tested in KSRSS but in RSS if you use Waypoint Manager to create a custom waypoint, you can just enter the lat/lon of a location to set a map pin to navigate to. Even if the KSRSS map isn't quite aligned to the IRL grid, then if you go to a known location (Cape Canaveral for example) and read the KSRSS lon there, that would give you an offset to apply to other locations (latitude almost has to be correctly mapped).

Just before posting I went to check to see if there was anything about coordinate alignment on the OP and found a link to the Cape Canaveral mod. The coordinates in that mod match with IRL (both Canaveral and Baikonur), so I think it's safe to say that the KSRSS map is aligned on the virtual globe to match real life lat/lon coordinates. I've left my original comment thoughts for posterity.

Lot's of mods let you read the lat/lon location of your current craft, including MechJeb, KER, ScanSat, and Historian.

Having a problem with the Sun not shining anymore after leaving the space around Earth, with craft being always in complete darkness in interplanetary space or at other planets. Also, almost all craft parts are transparent.

See the Sun as a yellow circle with no shine, and transparent craft in the picture: https://imgur.com/PDN1NgE

On 3/17/2024 at 8:21 PM, TanoPrime said:

Having a problem with the Sun not shining anymore after leaving the space around Earth, with craft being always in complete darkness in interplanetary space or at other planets. Also, almost all craft parts are transparent.

See the Sun as a yellow circle with no shine, and transparent craft in the picture: https://imgur.com/PDN1NgE

have you tried to reinstall KSP and all of your mods?