[We need more posts! (Like seriously, a lot more)] Let's Make This the Megathread!

Misguided Kerbal

3 hours ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

I just watched it.

Do you like my new PFP? I am thinking of changing it back to Wernher Von Kerman, or to  a different crane.

how about wherner driving a crane? or in one of those cranes that inspect trees and powerlines

I think you may be referring to a manlift or cherrypicker , @Souptime. (The professional name is "aerial work platform") Normally, at least around here, we call truck mounted aerial work platforms cherrypickers, and self propelled ones manlifts. And I don't know if I can make that, but would be cool to try.  All I have on this computer is Microsoft paint and Paint 3D. Still, with Paint 3D I can remove the background from images. Maybe not as a PFP (due to not being able to see the details, as profile pictures are small, but an interesting art challenge. So, for now, do you like Wernher Von Kerman or the LTM 1070-4.1 as my PFP?

Edited by Ben J. Kerman

I am sorry for the faux pas.. but I had to use something as a lead in for my post :grin:

I think it works great! This is just my opinion, but I think the kerbalized Wernher Von Kerman has my vote.

7 minutes ago, Admiral Fluffy said:

In New Zealand it’s Saturday. In America it’s Friday.

Does the North Pole even have days of the week?
The sun never moves

Sure the sun moves... Around in circles every year... 6 months for one day

24 minutes ago, Ben J. Kerman said:

And I don't know if I can make that, but would be cool to try. 

I present to you: Wherner Von Cranean!

JHqCtoF.png

Im not good with pseudo-3D styles, so i use a reference pic. And the way paint3D works i can really make it look 3D in my simple 2D style so everything is tilted. and i have no idea how to make the back end look like a crane because in the reference pic it has a lot of shading and lines n stuff, so it looks like a large yellow blob

21 minutes ago, Souptime said:

I present to you: Wherner Von Cranean!

JHqCtoF.png

Im not good with pseudo-3D styles, so i use a reference pic. And the way paint3D works i can really make it look 3D in my simple 2D style so everything is tilted. and i have no idea how to make the back end look like a crane because in the reference pic it has a lot of shading and lines n stuff, so it looks like a large yellow blob

I’m not very good with pseudo-3D either, but I think I’m pretty good at distance

project_orion_style_rocket_by_lanturn171

Here is something I posted on Souptime's art gallery. I started this a while ago, and still need to finish it. It is a little out of scale (Mostly that the crane superstructure cab is too small and the van is too big compared to the crane. Those cranes are pretty big.

https://u.cubeupload.com/Bjh223/DSCN4228.jpg

https://u.cubeupload.com/Bjh223/DSCN4226.jpg

Sorry, for some reason they didn't embed; probably my slow internet or something. Please tell me if you can't see the images so I can fix it.

Just now, Ben J. Kerman said:

Here is something I posted on Souptime's art gallery. I started this a while ago, and still need to finish it. It is a little out of scale (Mostly that the crane superstructure cab is too small and the van is too big compared to the crane. Those cranes are pretty big.

https://u.cubeupload.com/Bjh223/DSCN4228.jpg

https://u.cubeupload.com/Bjh223/DSCN4226.jpg

Sorry, for some reason they didn't embed; probably my slow internet or something. Please tell me if you can't see the images so I can fix it.

when did you first become obsessed with cranes?

I think it was when I got Construction Simulator 2 on my iPod touch. I don't remember why I downloaded it, but it looked fun. Then, I saw there were cranes there (Specifically a Liebherr LTM 1060-3.1 and Liebherr LTM 1300-6.1. I am pretty sure Construction Simulator 2 is also why Liebherr is my favorite brand of crane.) I don't remember all the details, but I think I researched the cranes, learned more about them and the Liebherr Group, and eventually came to love them. Now I play Construction Simulator 3, pretty similar to 2 except it takes place in Germany rather than the United States, and there are some extra features and equipment.