Update predictions?

Hoping for any of:

• VAB, SPH, or BAE tour/demo with a short launch as well.
  • Maybe a verbal overview of what they intend the single player campaign to be or the mechanisms of how they intend to pursue progression in it.
  • A tour of the colony builder.

In general it would be nice to have something slow, relaxed, and focused on one subject instead of something quick and sporadic

1 hour ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

In general it would be nice to have something slow, relaxed, and focused on one subject instead of something quick and sporadic

Quick and sporadic videos and articles are just because a game is in a such general bad state that you cant afford to show an uncut version of it.

Edited by Boyster

1 hour ago, Boyster said:

Quick and sporadic videos and articles are just because a game is in a such general bad state that you cant afford to show an uncut version of it.

Or, maybe, because they planned a reveal over the span of 6 months but then things happened and they got to cover 18 months more with the same material.

1 hour ago, Boyster said:

I hope, you're right, and this was not the uncut version...

5 hours ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

I can agree with that. Not having to freeze frame every couple seconds would be a nice change. Something focused on one or a few subjects would be enough to keep the community satisfied for a while.

23 hours ago, Boyster said:

Every game i look forward to is getting delayed so yeah, KSP2 meh, give us a date of a new KSP patch or a 60 dollar expansion for this good game i have and i dont care about 2 years from now...

or even worse 4 years to have a good stable game.

I dare you- no, double-dare you to create your own universe in a computer with mostly-accurate orbital dynamics, massive ships made out of thousands of parts and graphics unmatched by most other games out there.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

I dare you- no, double-dare you to create your own universe in a computer with mostly-accurate orbital dynamics, massive ships made out of thousands of parts and graphics unmatched by most other games out there.

It will probably have few big modular ones with different skins/upgrades and the smaller ones will be in the scale of the first KSP before kraken decides to visit.

KSP2 might actually become the kerbalized version of Star Citizen,

wake me up again in few years and i will gladly apologize if either of them fully release/optimized/complete and actually be next gen.

And if by a miracle they are, by then companies like Hello Games will have created two times better games with next gen procedural technology.

BUT HEY hopefully i am wrong about this and it will be one of the happiest wrongs i will ever have.

Edited by Boyster

7 hours ago, Boyster said:

It will probably have few big modular ones with different skins/upgrades and the smaller ones will be in the scale of the first KSP before kraken decides to visit.

That would actually be a nice addition anyway, in KSP1 we need hundred of parts because essentially anything bigger than a Saturn V is a mosaic of MK3 plane parts.

I can't wait to have proper ring habitats instead of having to hope that the 200 parts plane fuselage monstrosity doesn't act as a Kraken summoning circle every time I load that station/ship.

KSP2 might actually become the kerbalized version of Star Citizen,

They're not financing the game on preorders or pay to win ships but they actually have a pretty standard publishing deal with a big publisher.

That thing is either going out in the next 1-3 years or it's cancelled, they can't go with the Star Citizen route.

actually be next gen.

After having spent more time than I planned with both Zelda BOTW and Half-Life:Alyx I think all the hype around anything being "next gen" in the general sense misplaced, but if you think "next gen" compared to KSP1 then that's already the case.

They're not reinventing the wheel, they're taking the blueprint of what worked with KSP1 and expanding upon that, and with every new small bit of info they release we discover another KSP1 system that it's being rationalised and expanded upon.

This last reveal doesn't seem to be much, but given that they started from a "stupidity - courage" slider and a fixed G resistance they've done a pretty good job keeping that "KSP1 nostalgia feeling" while putting some actual gameplay in there.

(I have to remember, again, that they scheduled a 6 months reveal marketing campaign but then got 18 extra to fill with the same material)

And if by a miracle they are, by then companies like Hello Games will have created two times better games with...

...no orbital mechanics or meaningful space travel.

Not to excrements over NMS, Star:Citizen, Elite: Dangerous or any other big space game, but they're not even comparable or competing with KSP, or with each other if that matters, NMS it's basically a Minecraft "in space", it competes with that and maybe Space Engineer (And Astroneer/Stationeer and other similar space-minecrafts).E

EliteDangerous crosses over with Eurotruck Simulator more than it does with NMS and Kerbal, and competes maybe with the Egosoft X games and, if it ever releases, with Star Citizen.

It doesn't matter what those companies release, it won't be a space simulator like KSP and it will be way too casual to have orbital mechanics. We won't see any other big publisher going for a Kerbal clone anytime soon (sadly) the niche is so small than even one game with the budget of KSP2 is a risky investment.

2 hours ago, Master39 said:

It doesn't matter what those companies release, it won't be a space simulator like KSP and it will be way too casual to have orbital mechanics. We won't see any other big publisher going for a Kerbal clone anytime soon (sadly) the niche is so small than even one game with the budget of KSP2 is a risky investment.

You are trying so hard to find a positive side to any negative possibility.

Thats how Star Citizen and other alike companies make moneys.

You want something so bad to be good you are willing to eliminate the process of judging something with clear mind.

I am not saying thats a completely bad thing but that lifts a lot of pressure from companies and dev teams and in the end the pre orders are fine, the sales are fine and the games gets to be just fine.

Not great or bad, just fine, as 90% things that come out in our generations, are not bad, are not great, they just fine.

24 minutes ago, Boyster said:

You are trying so hard to find a positive side to any negative possibility.

No, I'm just stating facts.

KSP2 is not following the Star Citizen route:

• It's not crowdfunded
  • It doesn't sell gameplay elements
  • It doesn't offer preorders

It's not an Indie project but a game from a main publisher, it either releases or gets delayed for some years and then cancelled, and nobody looses money except for the publisher if that's the case.

KSP2 is not going to compete with NMS (or ED or Star Citizen for what matters), NMS competes more with Minecraft than it does with KSP and Star Citizen and Elite, apart from competing with each other, compete more with games like Eurotruck or Sea of Thieves a lot more than they do with Kerbal (I'm serious, I've lately replaced my Elite time with SOT while waiting for Odissey).

The space setting is not a genre, just a setting.

33 minutes ago, Boyster said:

Thats how Star Citizen and other alike companies make moneys.

Never spent 1€ on SC and I don't just think it will ever release.

35 minutes ago, Boyster said:

You want something so bad to be good you are willing to eliminate the process of judging something with clear mind.

No, I'm skeptical but I try to avoid ignoring the data I have at hand because I find being skeptical easier and more comfortable. I'm lazy but not that lazy, if there's any new info I spend the required time to analyze it.

For now I'm cautiosly optimistic, I see that there's someone deeply knowing how the game works behind a lot of the features they unveiled but I'm ready for the next big mess that will undoubtedly happen in some week.

40 minutes ago, Boyster said:

I am not saying thats a completely bad thing but that lifts a lot of pressure from companies and dev teams and in the end the pre orders are fine, the sales are fine and the games gets to be just fine.

Not great or bad, just fine, as 90% things that come out in our generations, are not bad, are not great, they just fine

I think some people just forgets how niche KSP is, that's a whole "fine" game more than what we have now.

I never even dared to hope that someone would pick up the KSP idea and make a similar game with a real budget, let alone it being a direct sequel.

14 minutes ago, Master39 said:

KSP2 is not going to compete with NMS (or ED or Star Citizen for what matters), NMS competes more with Minecraft than it does with KSP and Star Citizen and Elite, apart from competing with each other, compete more with games like Eurotruck or Sea of Thieves a lot more than they do with Kerbal (I'm serious, I've lately replaced my Elite time with SOT while waiting for Odissey).

The space setting is not a genre, just a setting.

Truth.

15 minutes ago, Master39 said:

I think some people just forgets how niche KSP is, that's a whole "fine" game more than what we have now.

I never even dared to hope that someone would pick up the KSP idea and make a similar game with a real budget, let alone it being a direct sequel.

It may be niche, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have a decent market, kind of similar to dark souls. By 2017 KSP had sold 2 million copies, a very respectable number and has developed a reputation on the internet by being one of a kind. On top of that, as I recall, the reaction to KSPs announcement well above the expectations of T2/PD. But I hear you, so long as KSP 2 has greater modability and performance than 1 it's more than we could have asked for 2 years ago and if it's a flop somehow then KSP 1 is still there.

1 hour ago, Master39 said:

That is exactly what pains me and makes me so negative.

A game we love and millions of players loved got a freaking sequel, how amazing is that.

So much potential in the genre KSP already dominates(I said a kerbalized Star Citizen, and Hello Games is expanding their procedural technology in other genres too).

And now, at least for me, i just see trouble, limitations, not showcasing a new level of creativity.

Just some generic modular buildings that might be exciting in the first 10 hours until you realize you cant really get crazy with it.

For me, and I HOPE i am wrong, this looks like KSP Enhanced/Makeover(not the console patch). 

57 minutes ago, mcwaffles2003 said:

But I hear you, so long as KSP 2 has greater modability and performance than 1 it's more than we could have asked for 2 years ago and if it's a flop somehow then KSP 1 is still there.

Its more than we could have asked before a major company invested on the sequel.

Its unrealistic to still have such low expectations, they decided to make an almost triple A sequel and they should be judged by higher standards than a passionate indie team.

Edited by Boyster

Just now, Boyster said:

Its more than we could have asked before a major company invested on the sequel.

Its unrealistic to still have such low expectations, they decided to make an almost triple A sequel and they should be judged by higher standards than a passionate indie team.

And I believe we will get more than just that, a lot more. I'm just saying, the bar to declare success for what we could consider as a valuable $60 investment here is low and the availability to be exceptional is astronomic (pun definitely intended). I don't think what studio develops the game should largely shape how we feel about it as a final product but it leaves us room to hope for more, for example if EA was developing it and gave a greater budget I think all our expectations would still fall but in the end it's the final product that should be judged. If anything I'm just grateful the game is directed by a long time genuine lover of it.

I think a lot of us can relate to @Nate Simpson when he told us about how he used to geek out and try to conscript more people at the office to playing KSP. If anything that is what allows me to hope for more than the bare minimum, if it were in the hands of just a large studio with a big budget, I wouldn't hope for much... I can see a sequel of the game going very wrong in the hands of a careless big budget studio. Drawing the kerbals to the center of attention instead of keeping them as the side comic relief characters that they are while pushing the rockets and the mechanics to the back of the stage while everything gets a heavy dose of bloom... giving them backstories and fleshing out their personas to relate to the times and to make a socio-political sub-text statement to shake the era or something...

*cough* Halo:CE -> Halo 5 *cough*

Yuck.

8 hours ago, Boyster said:

So much potential in the genre KSP already dominates(I said a kerbalized Star Citizen, and Hello Games is expanding their procedural technology in other genres too).

Nope nope nope.

KSP is a spaceflight simulator. Real spaceflight. One of the main points of if not the most important one it's the orbital mechanics.

Elite Dangerous (gonna ignore Star Citizen until it's a released game) is an outright sci-fi simulator, Elite specifically has a long tradition of other titles that goes all the way back to 1984, but another similar franchise (single player only) can be considered the X games from Egosoft.

NMS is a survival-exploration arcade sci-fi game, similar games can be Space Engineers, Astroneer or Stationeer.

3 different games, 3 different genres.

I'll repeat it again, space is not a genre it's a setting.

Hello Games is expanding their procedural technology in other genres too

The procedural technology means nothing, I love exploring in ED (that has a 1:1 scale galaxy with stars planets and everything), but I would say that the handmade maps of SOT or Subnautica are something else.

One could do not only a game but an entire franchise set only in our solar system with handmade maps and it could still have more potential and gameplay than any of the games cited above.

For me, and I HOPE i am wrong, this looks like KSP Enhanced/Makeover(not the console patch). 

This is basically an optimized and rewrite of KSP with additional content, in gaming we call this "a sequel" and that is.

That's what most KSP fans want, a game in which you design, build and fly rockets and space missions, this time around with performance improvements that allows for stations and bases to be relevant in the gameplay with things like colonies, mines or new launch sites and orbital shipyards. 

I have played KSP1 for years now, amounting some 2000 or more hours on it and that was just by launching everything from the same place, give me the ability of building a new space center anywhere I want and you're basically multiplying the size of the game by the number of landable celestial bodies.

T2 trying to do a:

kerbalized Star Citizen

Was exactly my worse fear when I heard the news about a sequel.

Edited by Master39

Just now, Vanamonde said:

Nobody knows for sure but I have moved your post to the place where people are amusing themselves by guessing about it. 

And welcome to the forum. :)

It's like in spring  2021.

7 hours ago, colej5390 said:

when is ksp 2 coming

Like what everyone said, fall 2021 (spring for y’all down way south!) Personally, I think it’s going to be released sometime around holiday season 2021. 

And welcome to the forums!

On 10/14/2020 at 8:09 PM, Lewie said:

Like what everyone said, fall 2021 (spring for y’all down way south!) Personally, I think it’s going to be released sometime around holiday season 2021. 

And welcome to the forums!

Incorrect, the game shall be released at my birthday, augustustis 25th. You cannot tell me otherwise or else I will implode.

Edited by Dirkidirk
The large amounts of "it" have been removed.