[Min KSP 1.12.2] Blueshift: Kerbal FTL

Angelo Kerman

4 hours ago, SM_2023 said:

True, but I was referencing Liquid Deuterium, not Graviolium, but I'm assuming this applies for Liquid Deuterium as well

You have a choice of fuel other than graviolium for the FTL and for the gravatic.  LqD or Fusion Pellets.  I've gone with the pellets.  In either case though, consumption of <not graviolium> is really insignificant.

Edited by Ooglak Kerman

12 hours ago, Ooglak Kerman said:

You have a choice of fuel other than graviolium for the FTL and for the gravatic.  LqD or Fusion Pellets.  I've gone with the pellets.  In either case though, consumption of <not graviolium> is really insignificant.

Wait, really? I tested this out by adding a Fusion Pellets storage container, and both my warp engine and gravitic engine said "Missing LqdDeuterium"

I used a fresh instance of KSP + Blueshift, and was able to use Blueshift's FTL Propellant tank with no problem, tried that in my normal modded instance and I got the same "Missing LqdDeuterium", so I'm not sure what's causing the issue...

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 10:13 PM, GalliaRaxus said:

Would it be possible for larger parts to be made? like a bussard an plasma vent for the S-3, as well as a warp coil?

I guess this is rather easy by making up a new config for a part, using the a copy of the s2 parts. Then give the part a new name, edit the rescale factor in the config (you will have to experiment with it), edit the mass, edit ingame name and description and you should be done.

On 7/5/2023 at 11:13 PM, GalliaRaxus said:

Would it be possible for larger parts to be made? like a bussard an plasma vent for the S-3, as well as a warp coil?

I think you should try this mod , It has a variety of huuge and nice looking shiny warp coils (they actually shine while active), as well as size0 warp coils and some graviollium collectors.

• 4 weeks later...

The bow wave effect is very cool but the outer effect is very hard on my eyes and head.  @JadeOfMaar helped me out here.
This MM patch will remove the outer effect, but leave the bow wave and works a treat.

@PART:HAS[@MODULE[WBIWarpEngine]]:AFTER[Waterfall]
{
    @MODULE[ModuleWaterfallFX]
    {
        !TEMPLATE:HAS[#templateName[ftlWarpField]] {}
    }
}

I agree that the overall effect is very very cool - it just hurts me.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I am looking to modify the alien jump gates such that I can access other gates before I have ever discovered them. I see you have a setting: "isKnown" which seems to do exactly that however I have set it to "true" and I seemingly cannot use other gates unless I have first rendezvoused with them. Could you let me know how I can edit a save to make a spawned gate usable without ever actually rendezvousing with it? Let me know if you know of some way to accomplish what I am trying to do or if I am being unclear.

Thank you for the fun mod!

Edited by StormxWolf

@Angelo Kerman there seems to be a math error with regard to interstellar resource utilization for Blueshift.  It is set to the default (10%) but as soon as you go IS, resource utilization goes to zero.  Planetary and Interplanetary utilization is correct.

I found the portion in the code for the warp engine, but it is....  arcane to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, apologies for going radio silent. I started a new job about this time last year, and since June, the work has been excessive. That, and the huge disappointment of KSP 2 drove me away from both games. Anyway, I'll see what I can do about addressing these issues.

@Ooglak Kerman: I don't think you can select what parts of the waterfall effects to switch on or off, but @JadeOfMaar has you covered with a Module Manager patch. It's no secret that I based the effects on Star Citizen, and I'm looking to revise the "neon tube" effect with more of a streaking lights effect (and yes, Star Citizen recently updated their warp effects). I'll look into interstellar resource utilization as well...

Spoiler

zn055uN.png

@StormxWolf I'll have to look into why the isKnown isn't working for you; I suspect that it may be related to not having visited the destination gate yet.

@JoE_BoT That's a quirk of how KSP 1 calculates part cost; I'll have to account for the cost of the graviolium that's not added by default.

@dprostock With sufficient engine power and warp coils, yes. But keep in mind that asteroids and comets weigh thousands of metric tons.

@GalliaRaxus Yeah, I'd suggest cloning the config files and setting the rescaleFactor accordingly. For Size three, you could take the Size 2 warp coils/bussard collector/plasma vents and setting rescaleFactor to 1.5. You'd also need to scale up the particle effects.

It's also clear that I need to review the cost of some parts... the Size 2 Bussard Collectors and plasma vents are the same cost as the Size 1 parts!

Making whole new parts is more difficult right now since my 3DS MAX license expired last year, and it became cost prohibitive renew it. I'm slowly learning Blender, but work, life, and a disappointing KSP 2 killed my interest and put that effort on hold. Regardless, there are a few tricks that I can do in Unity to make some small tweaks. One thing I'd like to do is build some S1, S2, and Mk2 Warp Coil part variants that let you specify the number of segments that you want- with corresponding cost, mass, and performance increases. That should also help reduce vessel part count.

• 2 weeks later...

ive been using this mod and im happy with the warp drives and rings but they are cumbersome and if you dont want to use a massive ring you have to use a load of tiny drives so is there anyway i can make it so  i can just have one drive  and be able to warp at max just with that? i dont mind changing things in files either.

On 12/7/2023 at 10:25 PM, haydne said:

ive been using this mod and im happy with the warp drives and rings but they are cumbersome and if you dont want to use a massive ring you have to use a load of tiny drives so is there anyway i can make it so  i can just have one drive  and be able to warp at max just with that? i dont mind changing things in files either.

There is a mod that adds some extra warp coils and auxiliary generators  0.625m in diameter, giving more flexibility to warp ship design. 

On 7/9/2023 at 11:27 AM, Manul said:

I think you should try this mod , It has a variety of huuge and nice looking shiny warp coils (they actually shine while active), as well as size0 warp coils and some graviollium collectors.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @Angelo Kerman Glad you've come and rejoined.
@JadeOfMaar got me sorted out on taking out the most problematic (for me) waterfall effects for the warp drive.

Heh... I've grabbed and warped both asteroids and tetrahedrons around and about.  The afterburner bit you added to blueshift is oh so helpful there.

Have you had any opportunity to have a look at the resource utilization issue for the warp drive when in interstellar space?  (goes to zero)

• 2 weeks later...

@Angelo Kerman. I've got a strange issue (Blueshift 1.9.5): Some Action Group Options are only available in flight, not in VAB. Which lines in the config do I have to edit, to make them VAB available? e.g. toggeling the displacement generator on/off (not available to assign to an AG in VAB, but in flight) ?

Alternatively: Could you maybe provide a  1.9.6 where it is made sure, that all AG-items, that can be set in flight are also available in VAB & SPH ? That would be fantastic.

Thx in advance for any answer on this issue.

Edited by Rakete

On 12/18/2023 at 9:07 PM, Ooglak Kerman said:

Hey @Angelo Kerman Glad you've come and rejoined.
@JadeOfMaar got me sorted out on taking out the most problematic (for me) waterfall effects for the warp drive.

Heh... I've grabbed and warped both asteroids and tetrahedrons around and about.  The afterburner bit you added to blueshift is oh so helpful there.

Have you had any opportunity to have a look at the resource utilization issue for the warp drive when in interstellar space?  (goes to zero)

I've actually been on vacation and will tackle this in the new year. :)

Happy New Year! :)

A little bit at a time so I don't burn out, I'm investigating Blueshift's issues and what can be done about them. First up: multi-segment warp coils! These will come in 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10-segment variants for the S1, S2, and Mk2. No more warp coil spamming!

ChJ3PYr.png

VqhHbtF.png

gTvowKq.png

I'm also thinking about a Mk3 form factor warp coil, something akin to the USS Excelsior, but we'll see. Right now in Blender, I can modify 3D models that I've already built, but making something from scratch is gonna take more learning...

Anyway, the mult-segmented warp coil will automatically adjust its mass, cost, and performance based on the desired part variant. :)