[KSP 1.8+] Kerbal Konstructs (Continued)

NathanKell

13 hours ago, turnerjack698 said:

is there any compatibility patch with kerbal konstruction time

It already is compatible. Just click on the button next to the vessel in the KCT overview and click select launch site.

Edited by Kerb24

So for some reason, I am unable to access the KK builder menu, pressing control + k does not work, i have tried reinstalling KK and its dependencies to no avail, ill leave the logs below. The KK icon still appears in the toolbar as well. I'm playing on KSRSS reborn, with quite a few mods, so it might be a conflicting keybind or mod.

Log here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qduRVd6wna2PDaROHlsRE2owQVsNCAs3/view?usp=sharing

let me know if you need any extra info

Edit: some reason one of the katniss cape mods was causing an issue

Edited by The_only_spaceace
found the fix

1 minute ago, TwoCalories said:

Is there a way to flatten terrain with KK?

You can use map decals to adjust terrain. Fiddle with the various settings until it works; map decal changes require pressing "apply" to become visible.

16 minutes ago, Kerb24 said:

You can use map decals to adjust terrain. Fiddle with the various settings until it works; map decal changes require pressing "apply" to become visible.

When you make a custom spaceport, it saves to all your save games, it seems. Does this save to all your savegames too?

Is there a way to repair facilities like stock facilities? I guess I can duplicate them and delete the broken ones.

I had a kraken strike that sent pieces flying all over the KSC and destroyed all kinds of Kerbinside pieces, lol.

Edited by ElonsMusk
had an idea

• 3 weeks later...

I had to remove KK from my JNSQ install. My .SFS had 500k lines of bloat in it and was getting very slow saving/ loading. I also had Omega's Stockalike Structures and KSRGAP. Also installed JNSQ_KK_Fixes.zip.  

More info here: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/topic/220799-500000-lines-of-garbage-in-save-file/#comment-4341412

Also it kept forgetting when I opened facilities... I had to reopen many of them again when I came back to them. But it wasn't consistent/ predictable. 

I really liked flying around to all the different sites and being able to refuel. 

On 10/29/2023 at 4:09 PM, Kerb24 said:

Kerbal Konstructs constructions are intended to save to all your save games, and as far as I know there is no way to avoid this.

If it saves all constructions in all the save games, what happens if I uninstall KK after a while, does it break my save games?

Edited by TanoPrime

I have problems with stock statics (lvl3 runway) placed by me. The issue looks the same as it was posted on this forum before:

Spoiler
On 9/9/2021 at 1:47 PM, Puggonaut said:

Oh yeah had to test this idea

GOsi3QD.png

Is there any possible fix to this issue? I have lot of mods installed, can it be cause of this ?

Edited by MrFancyPL

Since I've seen a few people commenting about this issue before:

Launchpads not working properly (i.e. able to be selected from the KK menu, but hitting "launch" simply places the craft back on the default launch pad) can be fixed, but I can't exactly say what causes the bug. One potential solution is to select the "open everything"  option in the difficulty configuration. This is the only change I made to the game settings, but I have a feeling that KK doesn't properly update whether a station is open or closed, leading to the game assuming that a station is closed even when KK says it isn't.

If this doesn't seem to do anything, I found that new launchpads were selectable/usable so long as I kept the configuration close to default. Just be sure to change the type to "RocketPad" and select the VAB option immediately upon creating the pad — don't change anything else other than the name and set all of the parameters to 0 (unlimited) if you need to. I also discovered that retroactively changing a launchpad that was (in some way) configured improperly likes to remain unusable, so your best bet in that case is to just replace it with an identical one at the same position.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, joined recently, just wanted to ask a question about recovery? so according to other comments in this thread you can't recover from other planets, since it's a game limitation, or something like that, but there is a way to. It's a bit inconvenient, but if you have whatever you wish to recover close to the launch pad, and you try to launch from it, it will make you recover the old craft first before launching the new one.

Would it be possible for the mod to somehow make use of this sort of thing to allow recovery from other planets without having to launch an entirely new vessel every time?

@NathanKell

Hello I am having the issue, that upon loading a save from a freshly started KSP-Game some added assets to the KSC are missing. It takes two reloads of the savegame to have all the added buildings to show up correctly. This fully reproduable to me. I am using the newest version of KerbalKonstructs. I use KSC Extended, KErbin Side Remastered and some own stuff (not at the KSC).

Here are my logfiles: https://www.filemail.com/d/ejriymsfispceyh

Edited by Rakete

Just been trying out KK for the first time over the past few days, installed latest from CKAN, and running 1.12.5 of KSP.

I'm getting an issue where KK isn't remembering my texture settings.

I've plonked a Square Plateau Sloped down on the Mun, and that works fine.

On top of that I've placed a KSC Launchpad level 1, then gone in, edited the textures to make the grass look like tarmac through the Grass Editor. Everything looks great, until I leave the area and come back - say, hop to KSC and come back to the Mun. The grass has reset to what it started at each time. Pretty odd having a giant patch of green on the Mun - I've read as much as I could find and couldn't see this anywhere - anyone got any suggestions please? I've got some beautification mods like Parallax, TU, Restock (but not +) in place at the minute and this happens after each restart or location change.

Thanks in advance!

How do you use KK? I've been trying to figure it out, but theres really no explanation nor guide. Im assuming you have to press "Spawn New" at a location you want to build at?
But i've pushed it and nothing happens. And after i open it, you cant close the Ctrl+K menu.

Any help?

18 minutes ago, Unbreakify said:

How do you use KK? I've been trying to figure it out, but theres really no explanation nor guide. Im assuming you have to press "Spawn New" at a location you want to build at?
But i've pushed it and nothing happens. And after i open it, you cant close the Ctrl+K menu.

Any help?

There's a good starter guide here I used this week: https://github.com/caerfinon/KerbinSideRemasteredGapExtras/wiki/Getting-Started-With-Kerbal-Konstructs#modify-the-terrain-optional

It doesn't require Kerbin Side Remastered, that's just where the guide is.

Sometimes 'tis better to stifle oneself...

<stifled>

I take the opportunity, instead, to welcome @amaranthus; and good call on that excellent Guide. 

Edited by Hotel26

On 11/1/2023 at 7:37 AM, ElonsMusk said:

Is there a way to repair facilities like stock facilities? I guess I can duplicate them and delete the broken ones.

I had a kraken strike that sent pieces flying all over the KSC and destroyed all kinds of Kerbinside pieces, lol.

In the KK menu, there's an option that says "repair all facilities" somewhere, but I forgot. Sorry.

I think it's in local instances or something.

Edited by TwoCalories

On 12/23/2023 at 12:33 PM, TwoCalories said:

I'm trying to build a new airbase and every time I try to spawn a new group it crashes the game. I don't know what's going on, because I've seen people do it perfectly fine in videos.

I'm having the same issue. The first time I tried to make a group on another planet, it crashed. The second time it worked, and all the subsequent times has continued to crash the game.  I can't find anything about it in the logs either.

Edit: It seems that just the Mun is broken, every other celestial body works fine for me. In the grass colors menu it also says the Mun is broken. 

Edited by encr
Found a solution to the problem I was having

3 hours ago, encr said:

I'm having the same issue. The first time I tried to make a group on another planet, it crashed. The second time it worked, and all the subsequent times has continued to crash the game.  I can't find anything about it in the logs either.

Edit: It seems that just the Mun is broken, every other celestial body works fine for me. In the grass colors menu it also says the Mun is broken. 

So, how did you fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2023 at 3:12 PM, encr said:

Having the same issue with KSRSS's moon. Unable to build a base because of it, this is a pretty serious issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey! Super fun mod! 
I keep running into an issue though where I get the message "launchsite is not clear *craft name* is already on the launchpad" And it makes me either abort the launch or recover the one I have already launched. The problem is that it doesn't matter if the craft i have already launched is on the surface or already in orbit, it still says its on the launchpad. Any ideas on how I could fix this?

Edited by JRay17