[1.12.x] KSP Craft Organizer Improved - VAB/SPH tags + craft searching

linuxgurugamer

I really like some of the changes in this mod, especially the ability to AND on tags. However, after trying it out, I had to downgrade to the original version 1.6.0 again due to some issues that appear in this version making this very tedious to use. All of these work correctly in 1.6.0 but not in this version for some reason (Verified on stock install of KSP 1.12.5 on Windows 11 at 5120x1440 resolution with only expansion packs and KSP Community Fixes and all related dependencies. Logs and/or screenshots available upon request if necessary).

Compared to the original, the window became narrower which made it difficult to read.

Thumbnails are no longer being generated or updated when clicking "save". Every vessel shows a green icon instead of a preview tooltip. Vessels that already had a thumbnail prior to installing this mod display this thumbnail as a tooltip, but it is never updated and sometimes the tooltip background turns from the translucent black to 100% transparent.

Clicking "new" after "save" now shows a window to confirm loss of unsaved changes even though everything is saved already. This is regardless of whether the setting to replace stock craft loading window is turned on or not.

Backups of craft are generated when typing text in the name/description fields. The mod probably erroneously intercepts some keystrokes.

Opening the tag list adds a second radio button to every row. One of these radio buttons can be clicked, but neither button functions for craft selection. It is only possible to tag a craft by selecting the craft panel itself.

The craft panel lists tags in the same green as the other text, instead of in white like in the original version, making it difficult to read.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @linuxgurugamer !

As always, thank you for your hard work on keeping KSP great forever!

However, I have noticed, when editing multiple crafts tags, changes are not saved immediately, contrary to what interface says. If you edit tags and don't load one of those crafts, all changes will be lost.

I believe intended behavior is: change tags en masse, then even if you press cancel just to exit the window without loading any crafts, tag changes should be saves. Because you have right next to "cancel" button "discard changes in tags" function.

If saving tag changes on pressing "cancel" is counter intuitive for you, other UI solution will be - to have dedicated "Save tag changes and exit" button.

Thank you for your attention!

• 1 month later...

Hi @linuxgurugamer ! Just got here thanks to your note over on the Craft Manager thread. Do you have any plans to add more features to this mod, perhaps to match some of those in CM?

One thing I was hoping to find somewhere was a mod like this or CM that could tell me the total Delta-V of each craft in my saved list, without me having to load each one to find out. Something using the calculation code from KER, perhaps, but working directly from the craft file without having to have it load it first (displaying the info either directly in the list, or in a pop-up balloon when right-clicking on a craft in the list). This would save having to wait ages for a complex craft to load into the VAB, before finding out "Nope, *this* one doesn't have enough range either!".

Possibly a bit much to hope for (after all, I could just tag each craft with it's Delta-V figure straight after saving it, or include the figure in the name), but... well, as Mum always said, "if you don't ask you won't get". =:o}

(Obviously, fixing the bugs mentioned by others above would take priority over adding any new features, so *definitely* no pressure here!)

Edited by pbristow
Better clarity (I hope!)

• 2 months later...

Hi linux,

Love your work, I'll keep this brief.

I am having the issue of craft thumbnails not being added when saving, so only have a wall of green icons instead of lovely images.  This is, for me, the major hurdle to this mod being everything I could want it to be.

(Edit:  This feature appears to work fine version 1.7.0.3 and stops working 1.7.2)

Thinking of the quickest solution to implement, would it perhaps be possible to include a button in the "Load Craft" window to allow the user to manually generate a thumbnail using TakeSnapshot? I came across this, not sure if is still germane:

If I manually add and appropriately re-name a .png into the thumbs folder, the thumbnail/tooltip feature works as designed (and looks great by the way). It just seems to be the adding step that is not happening ;/

Your efforts greatly appreciated!

Edited by tetraSplat
More info as tests mod revs

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 8:39 AM, tetraSplat said:

am having the issue of craft thumbnails not being added when saving, so only have a wall of green icons instead of lovely images.

I also get the thumbnail problem using what I think is the latest release 1.7.2.2 build 2. Around 10% of my craft get thumbnails but I haven't noticed a pattern yet.

• 3 months later...
7 hours ago, battlekruiser said:

Made a leap of faith with this one and tried it on 1.9.1, and it seems to work for me. I'll try to remember and post a follow-up after using it for a while.

[HIGH-FIVE] It's brave pioneers like you that are our hope for the future! All of Kerbalkind thanks you (and settles in with popcorn, to see what happens next...)  =;o}

• 1 month later...
55 minutes ago, DeadJohn said:

@linuxgurugamer Have you ever had a chance to check the thumbnail bug mentioned earlier in this thread? I recognize that you support a vast number of mods and I'm not pressuring you for a fix, just wondering whether you can replicate the issue and if you need more info from us.

I haven't, but will look at it next week

On 1/26/2024 at 3:29 PM, DeadJohn said:

@linuxgurugamer Have you ever had a chance to check the thumbnail bug mentioned earlier in this thread? I recognize that you support a vast number of mods and I'm not pressuring you for a fix, just wondering whether you can replicate the issue and if you need more info from us.

On 8/7/2023 at 8:39 AM, tetraSplat said:

Love your work, I'll keep this brief.

I am having the issue of craft thumbnails not being added when saving, so only have a wall of green icons instead of lovely images.  This is, for me, the major hurdle to this mod being everything I could want it to be.

(Edit:  This feature appears to work fine version 1.7.0.3 and stops working 1.7.2)

I fixed the problem, can you try this beta:
Beta deleted after release 

It will generate the thumbnail when you load or save a vessel, so if you have the "wall of green icons", just load each one and it should work.

Edited by linuxgurugamer

On 2/1/2024 at 4:19 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Fixed icons not being generated after loading or saving vessels

Thanks. I didn't have time to check the beta earlier in the week but I just tried the official release and it looks good.

Has anyone else encountered the save button not working?  I am going to reinstall the mod to see if something was corrupted in the DL.

The thumbnail issue had a work around in earlier versions..
Rename the vessel (can be the same exact name) --> Load the Vessel --> Save --> Over Write

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Is there a reason why this bug might happen with backups of crafts? Were they just keep on being loaded everytime in a VAB or SPH?

Here's a photo of a vehicle thumb showing various backup crafts loaded at once, I turned off vehicle backup in the meantime, to stop it from happening.

9ObUygu.png

Edited by Deimos007
Found how to turn off vehicle backup