[1.12.x] Starship Expansion Project - SEP | v2.1.0 (March, 28th, 2024)

Kari

Hi i read in the roadmap that you are going to add  Wiki section to the Github Repo? is that still planned 

How is the next update going atm also thanks for all that you guys are doing i love this mod along with @Janus92s interface 

good luck with future updates i will be watching 

thanks Kspbutitscursed

:cool:

Edited by kspbutitscursed
ayy new page

Thanks @kspbutitscursed!

I updated the kOS Interface today (link on page 5). Some major changes:

I've been working on the launch and booster return sequence to make it compatible with Real Solar System, for those that want to see what a real sized launch might look like.

I modified the drag cubes of the booster to be more accurate (less draggy when retrograde, more draggy while gliding), and now the booster will perform a decent 7-10km glide back to base. Catching across all use cases won't be perfect for a while, but it should now work most of the times.

I have also reworked the orbit circularization to not use a maneuver node, but to maintain vertical speed instead (problem solving for RSS).

Launch and Booster landing should be compatible with FAR (on stock and RSS), however the ship will still need to re-enter and land manually. Only on stock and without FAR will ship catching work properly, and I will be working on the ships re-entry and landing on RSS without FAR next.

The ships flaps unfortunately don't work properly with the combination of FAR and Trajectories, so full FAR support on RSS and other planet mods may take a good while longer!

This is quite a big update with many changes and a high chance for bugs, so let me know if you find any bugs in the scripts. A good read-through of the github page may also help if you have issues.

EDIT: Okay, so ship landings should work now in RSS (without FAR)!

Edited by Janus92

14 hours ago, The guy from duna said:

yeah I've tried, for some reason downloading it from git hub causes the tanks to be completely broken, no fuel is shown in both  the Starship's and Super Heavy's tank

NPHxHAG.jpg

KSP.log would be appreciated so we can help solve the issue

Can someone help, all the addon parts are in my game however when using the starship with the included raptor engines for some reason it wont take off

For record, im using 3 sea level centre raptors and i even tried emptying all the tanks completely and using inifnite fuel cheat to see if it was a weight issue (still didnt work)

Not sure if it would be right be KER says my TWR is >1 so

7 hours ago, JayTheJet said:

Can someone help, all the addon parts are in my game however when using the starship with the included raptor engines for some reason it wont take off

For record, im using 3 sea level centre raptors and i even tried emptying all the tanks completely and using inifnite fuel cheat to see if it was a weight issue (still didnt work)

try installing with ckan maybe there was an issue and ckan may fix the issue

On 5/9/2023 at 7:16 PM, JayTheJet said:

Please provide us with your ksp.log

Okay, today I've been able to add basic KSRSS support since so many people asked for that. Launch, booster catch (with or without FAR) and ship catching (only without FAR for now) should now be working properly, but please tell me if you experience bugs and maybe record a video or so!

EDIT: So, now Mars/Duna and Moon/Mun landings should now also work in RSS and KSRSS. They should both be able to handle the maximum amount of cargo and land safely. Launch to rendezvous is still a work in progress on KSRSS and RSS.

Edited by Janus92

32 minutes ago, Janus92 said:

Okay, today I've been able to add basic KSRSS support since so many people asked for that. Launch, booster catch (with or without FAR) and ship catching (only without FAR for now) should now be working properly, but please tell me if you experience bugs and maybe record a video or so!

Cool I will be able to fly starship in my ksrss

A quick bug report:

Whenever I try to land the superheavy with FMRS, the two vessels will decouple but the superheavy core is stuck inside the starship, so I wind up flying a superheavy with a wobbly starship attached to it.

On 5/13/2023 at 6:27 PM, TechDevo said:

A quick bug report:

Whenever I try to land the superheavy with FMRS, the two vessels will decouple but the superheavy core is stuck inside the starship, so I wind up flying a superheavy with a wobbly starship attached to it.

Not a bug, set your fmrs stage delay to a higher number

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone provide any help.

Me and a few other people have found that the Superheavy engine cluster has nowhere near enough thrust. When all tanks in Ship and Booster are switched to Methalox, the TWR of the full stack is 0.11. When everything is using LFO, the TWR is 0.09.

I've tired everything possible, I've redownloaded, downloaded from a different source, downloaded an older version. I even had a friend who's engine works send me the file of theirs, and it still is broken. The engine mode is on all engines, all the fuel tanks are set to Methalox, and I have the newest version of tundra. I literally cannot figure out where the issue is, please could someone help.

2 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Can anyone provide any help.

I just updated my copy of SEP to 2.0.2 (from something not far from that), and confirmed that everything is peachy - my 1st stage TWR is 1.54 on a full stack with the cargo variant up top, everything set to LCH4+OX. My totals are: LqdMethane 170,457kg, Oxidizer: 667,500kg. Total vehicle mass 989.748t, 20 parts.

If you want to upload a copy of your ksp.log file somewhere, I'd be happy to point out what mods you have that I don't - or vice versa. The obvious suspects would be stuff like FAR or RO (I have neither, I'm on JNSQ in this install). I can give you my .craft file too, if you want - but it's just 20 parts and it only goes together one way ...  (oh I forgot to mention my 2nd stage has 3 SL and 3 vac)

15 hours ago, OrbitalManeuvers said:

I just updated my copy of SEP to 2.0.2 (from something not far from that), and confirmed that everything is peachy - my 1st stage TWR is 1.54 on a full stack with the cargo variant up top, everything set to LCH4+OX. My totals are: LqdMethane 170,457kg, Oxidizer: 667,500kg. Total vehicle mass 989.748t, 20 parts.

If you want to upload a copy of your ksp.log file somewhere, I'd be happy to point out what mods you have that I don't - or vice versa. The obvious suspects would be stuff like FAR or RO (I have neither, I'm on JNSQ in this install). I can give you my .craft file too, if you want - but it's just 20 parts and it only goes together one way ...  (oh I forgot to mention my 2nd stage has 3 SL and 3 vac)

I'll try download that then, thanks

On 5/31/2023 at 11:43 AM, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

It hasn't fixed anything unfortunately. The full stack TWR is still 0.11. I've also tried opening a craft file made by a friend who's Starship works, but the TWR is still broken for me. It's weird because it must be the thrust on the cluster, as the other engines in the mod work fine

A ksp.log file would be very helpful here

8 hours ago, AmateurAstronaut1969 said:

Alright, what do you want me to do? Should I boot the game with just SEP and it's dependencies or something like that?

As long as sep and its dependencies are installed i don’t particularly mind what else is in your gamedata nor what you do, as long as you let the game load fully.

for a little extra you could load into a save into an editor and place the engine cluster before closing out

edit: Actually just using the install where you’re having this issue would be better then creating a new one

Edited by SofieBrink
Added information

On 6/3/2023 at 5:13 PM, SofieBrink said:

As long as sep and its dependencies are installed i don’t particularly mind what else is in your gamedata nor what you do, as long as you let the game load fully.

for a little extra you could load into a save into an editor and place the engine cluster before closing out

edit: Actually just using the install where you’re having this issue would be better then creating a new one

https://www.dropbox.com/s/19t3v125wu36kyu/KSP.log?dl=0

Hopefully that should be it :)

On 5/8/2023 at 10:44 AM, Janus92 said:

Thanks @kspbutitscursed!

I updated the kOS Interface today (link on page 5). Some major changes:

I've been working on the launch and booster return sequence to make it compatible with Real Solar System, for those that want to see what a real sized launch might look like.

I modified the drag cubes of the booster to be more accurate (less draggy when retrograde, more draggy while gliding), and now the booster will perform a decent 7-10km glide back to base. Catching across all use cases won't be perfect for a while, but it should now work most of the times.

I have also reworked the orbit circularization to not use a maneuver node, but to maintain vertical speed instead (problem solving for RSS).

Launch and Booster landing should be compatible with FAR (on stock and RSS), however the ship will still need to re-enter and land manually. Only on stock and without FAR will ship catching work properly, and I will be working on the ships re-entry and landing on RSS without FAR next.

The ships flaps unfortunately don't work properly with the combination of FAR and Trajectories, so full FAR support on RSS and other planet mods may take a good while longer!

This is quite a big update with many changes and a high chance for bugs, so let me know if you find any bugs in the scripts. A good read-through of the github page may also help if you have issues.

EDIT: Okay, so ship landings should work now in RSS (without FAR)!

Will your interface work with the 2.5 scale ksp solar system?

19 hours ago, Ultim32 said:

Will your interface work with the 2.5 scale ksp solar system?

2.5 I’m not sure. I’ve been using KSRSS reborn for a little while and it works with that. Soon I will release an update that will help with many peoples patching problems and should enable having many mods together with the Interface, but somehow mildly changes the aerodynamics, so it needs a little bit of testing still before I put it out there.