[1.12.5] Starship Expansion Project - SEP | v2.1.0 (March, 28th, 2024)

Kari

21 hours ago, NuclearBaloney said:

Yes, I do have all of the dependencies installed.

(I would place a screenshot here, but I don't have an imgur account)

And have you installed the mod correctly? What`s your folder structure? Does it look like \GameData\StarshipExpansionProject?

21 hours ago, NuclearBaloney said:

(I would place a screenshot here, but I don't have an imgur account)

You don’t need an imgur account for posting images on the forum but please supply us with your ksp.log found in the root ksp folder. Usually right above or below the exe

1 hour ago, SofieBrink said:

You don’t need an imgur account for posting images on the forum but please supply us with your ksp.log found in the root ksp folder. Usually right above or below the exe

Player.log is more interesting and can be found here:

On 12/28/2023 at 1:47 PM, SofieBrink said:

Yes I could give you my KSP log, but I might need your help sending it over.

On 12/28/2023 at 2:51 PM, Cheesecake said:

Player.log is more interesting and can be found here:

lol especially if you like lots and lots of repeated, useless lines. my player.log has 49,400 repeats of the "buildslave" line 35 text in a file that has 172,000 lines ... a good 30% of that file is noise. Have you found stuff in there that isn't in ksp.log?

On 12/30/2023 at 8:29 PM, NuclearBaloney said:

Looks like you did not delete the old StarshipExpansionProject folder from /gamedata before installing the DEV version as you are still loading old parts as well. Also I don't think all patches (and probably more stuff) are installed as they should, for example the IVA.cfg under SEP/patches is not installed as it doesn't show up in your log.

This could be an issue. Try a proper re-install of SEP and you'll have good chances I think!

7 hours ago, Genry1stikman said:

Hello! I installed mod and all required mods but B9 part switch give me fatal error. So here you can find google drive with the ksp.log file

You have installed this mod wrong. There is a folder "Starship-Expansion-Project-v2.0.3.1".  But it must be the folder "StarshipExpansionProject". You can find it here: Starship_Expansion_Project_-_SEP-v.2.0.3.1.zip\Starship-Expansion-Project-v2.0.3.1\SEP\GameData\StarshipExpansionProject.

Also: there is a newer version of ModuleManager (v4.2.3).

On 1/4/2024 at 4:29 PM, Janus92 said:

Looks like you did not delete the old StarshipExpansionProject folder from /gamedata before installing the DEV version as you are still loading old parts as well. Also I don't think all patches (and probably more stuff) are installed as they should, for example the IVA.cfg under SEP/patches is not installed as it doesn't show up in your log.

This could be an issue. Try a proper re-install of SEP and you'll have good chances I think!

Thank you!  One small issue though is that the screen's text is backwards as if I'm viewing it from through the screen.  More recent log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12TEkSodZN-f9E5c32ueToHcAw-Fpel8r/view?usp=sharing.

• 1 month later...

Hello! Truly wonderful continuation mod of Starships from Tundra Exploration! A few years later I wanted to start Starship again, but a couple of problems arose and one request: 1.Can anyone please send a craftfile for the Crew Starship on the launch pad from another mod?
2. Starship has a darkened, non-reflective texture. Is this how it should be? Or am I making a mistake here?
3. IVA has a standard appearance, and not one that is mod-dependent. What is the problem?
Tnanks for answers early!4rNoanUddGM.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9KeVVGnpZoXM.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

Edited by Soviet_Velir

On 1/6/2024 at 4:10 AM, NuclearBaloney said:

Thank you!  One small issue though is that the screen's text is backwards as if I'm viewing it from through the screen.  More recent log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/12TEkSodZN-f9E5c32ueToHcAw-Fpel8r/view?usp=sharing.

Have you got a screenshot of this? That sounds weird.

17 hours ago, Soviet_Velir said:

Hello! Truly wonderful continuation mod of Starships from Tundra Exploration! A few years later I wanted to start Starship again, but a couple of problems arose and one request: 1.Can anyone please send a craftfile for the Crew Starship on the launch pad from another mod?
2. Starship has a darkened, non-reflective texture. Is this how it should be? Or am I making a mistake here?
3. IVA has a standard appearance, and not one that is mod-dependent. What is the problem?
Tnanks for answers early!4rNoanUddGM.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9KeVVGnpZoXM.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

1. I don't know what you mean. I do have craft files as part of my kOS mod that may be helpful?: https://github.com/Janus1992/KSP_Starship-kOS-Interface

2. This is Textures Unlimited related, have you checked your graphics settings? You need to set them high enough for TU to work.

3. You need to install all IVA requirements for the IVA to show up, otherwise you get the default Mk3 IVA. See the first post for a list.

If you want, you could try to install the SEP Dev version from github. It has an improved IVA with fully stylized RPM screens. You would need to remove the old SEP and SEP_IVA folders before you install the Dev version though.

ILZ8t8M.jpg

kxdBAhW.jpg

6 hours ago, Janus92 said:

У вас есть скриншот этого? Это звучит странно.

1. Я не знаю, что вы имеете в виду. У меня есть крафт-файлы как часть моего мода для kOS, которые могут быть полезны?: https://github.com/Janus1992/KSP_Starship-kOS-Interface

2. Это связано с текстурами Unlimited. Вы проверили настройки графики? Вам необходимо установить их достаточно высоко, чтобы TU работал.

3. Вам необходимо установить все требования IVA, чтобы IVA отображался, в противном случае вы получите IVA Mk3 по умолчанию. Список смотрите в первом посте.

Если хотите, можете попробовать установить версию SEP Dev с github. Он имеет улучшенный IVA с полностью стилизованными экранами оборотов. Однако перед установкой версии Dev вам нужно будет удалить старые папки SEP и SEP_IVA.

ИЛЗ8т8М.jpg

kxdBAhW.jpg

I set everything to maximum in the game settings, but the black textures disappeared only in VAB :P8yAqijXOzRs.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=94QYN6JJkKoU.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody else have the issue of the TAC:LS configs giving ~3x too much water compared to other resources on the full life support part switch? Individually they contain nearly the same amount as all three combined, but specifically with all 3 combined there is 1860 water units when only about 550 are actually needed. Plus the fact that at 2.5x scale there is nowhere near enough life support for even a one-way trip to Duna/Mars, only about 121 days of food and oxygen supplies and no converters to replenish anything. I have no idea if this is intentional or not. Also, using tweakscale to rescale life support supplies doesn't work either since they would most likely burn on re/entry and aren't the exact 5m+ size because it is only uses .1m increments at 5m-7.5m.

1 hour ago, BorfoandShnogs said:

Hello! I have been messing around with trying to get this mod to work in RSS, and I can't figure out a way to get it to function properly. Does anyone here know if there is a way to get this mod to work in RSS? Thanks in advance!

I have these folders installed in /gamedata when I use RSS: Kopernicus, RealSolarSystem and RSS-Textures. Furthermore I use a savegame made specifically for RSS and I only use it when I have these folders installed.

If you are talking about RO, Kari made some optional patches for it in the extras folder.

Edited by Janus92

11 hours ago, Janus92 said:

I have these folders installed in /gamedata when I use RSS: Kopernicus, RealSolarSystem and RSS-Textures. Furthermore I use a savegame made specifically for RSS and I only use it when I have these folders installed.

If you are talking about RO, Kari made some optional patches for it in the extras folder.

I see. The main issue I am having is lack of stability during the landing process, and not having enough fuel to get to orbit, as well as the Super Heavy Raptor Cluster lacking enough thrust to lift the entire assembly off the ground while fully fueled. Do you know any fixes to these issues, or what could be causing them?

13 hours ago, BorfoandShnogs said:

I see. The main issue I am having is lack of stability during the landing process, and not having enough fuel to get to orbit, as well as the Super Heavy Raptor Cluster lacking enough thrust to lift the entire assembly off the ground while fully fueled. Do you know any fixes to these issues, or what could be causing them?

Maybe check that you deleted any old SEP/Interface folder from gamedata before you installed the dev. The main version could have patches that the DEV version can't handle. If that doesn't work, please send a ksp.log in here. TWR should be about 1.5 in RSS too. Having a lower TWR means something is messed up

Edited by Janus92

On 2/19/2024 at 3:19 AM, Janus92 said:

Maybe check that you deleted any old SEP/Interface folder from gamedata before you installed the dev. The main version could have patches that the DEV version can't handle. If that doesn't work, please send a ksp.log in here. TWR should be about 1.5 in RSS too. Having a lower TWR means something is messed up

I see. I removed SEP from my gamedata and reinstalled the most recent version of the mod, but that did not fix my issue.
I have attempted to send my ksp.log here, but I can not find out how. I tried navigating the ksp.log myself, but it's very large due to the massive amount of mods I use, so I was not able to find anything useful.
I'm wondering if it'd be possible for me to increase the amount of thrust in SEP's cfg. files?

5 hours ago, BorfoandShnogs said:

I see. I removed SEP from my gamedata and reinstalled the most recent version of the mod, but that did not fix my issue.
I have attempted to send my ksp.log here, but I can not find out how. I tried navigating the ksp.log myself, but it's very large due to the massive amount of mods I use, so I was not able to find anything useful.
I'm wondering if it'd be possible for me to increase the amount of thrust in SEP's cfg. files?

The ksp.log is usually smallest right after starting up KSP. Maybe take a look at how others uploaded theirs.

As for increasing thrust, you can do that, but I wouldn‘t recommend it, tbh. There‘s obviously something wrong, so the result will probably give rise to other problems too. I‘d first recommend to temporarily move away all non-required mods and see if the problem goes away or not. Maybe a mod is breaking something and that might be useful to know.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

there is Hotstaging but you have to use the in dev version of the mod

15 hours ago, kspbutitscursed said:

there is Hotstaging but you have to use the in dev version of the mod

Where can i download