[1.12.x] Reviva - the IVA revival and editor/flight switcher. Bug fixing release. (1.0.0 - 17th Feb 2024)

610yesnolovely

22 hours ago, Jaxx said:

Sorry, my fault :') https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/p2lk9sw60vp1j5j0kro50/KSP.log?rlkey=w3bcq9wrsub5jbtbj0v8fvqzc&dl=0

e: Specifically the Mk1 Command Pod has no alternate versions, I just tested out the 4 pods I have access to and the Mk1 Cockpit DOES have its alternate versions.

I've not been around KSP development for a while, but I had a quick look and saw nothing unusual - usually the best way to figure out why things have gone wrong in this case. Details on how you could help diagnose in spoiler.

Spoiler
  • Open <KSP/GAmeData/ModuleManager.ConfigCache is a decent editor (that supports very large files, this is a big file)
  • Use search to find "name = mk1pod_v2" which should start like this:
UrlConfig
{
	parentUrl = Squad/Parts/Command/mk1pod_v2/mk1Pod_v2.cfg
	PART
	{
		name = mk1pod_v2
		module = Part
		author = RoverDude
}
  • There should be a block like this inside the UrlConfig { ... } section:

MODULE
        {
            name = ModuleB9PartSwitch
            moduleID = IVASwitch
            switcherDescription = IVA
            switcherDescriptionPlural = IVAs
            switchInFlight = true
            uiGroupName = IVASwitch
            uiGroupDisplayName = IVA Switch
            SUBTYPE
            {
                name = Stock
                primaryColor = White
                secondaryColor = White
                descriptionSummary = Stock IVA
                descriptionDetail = Use the Stock IVA.\n<color=green>Low Tech</color>
                MODULE
                {
                    IDENTIFIER
                    {
                        name = ModuleIVASwitch
                    }
                    DATA
                    {
                        internalName = mk1pod_IVA
                    }
                }
            }
            ... // hopefully more SUBTYPE for each IVA

• There should be a SUBTYPE in that module for each available IVA to switch, this defines what B9 PartSwitch will list, if that's missing or broken it'll not work.
  • Then afterwards there has to be this module which manages the switching, if that's not there, it won't switch correctly.
		MODULE
		{
			name = ModuleIVASwitch
			internalName = mk1pod_IVA
		}
  • Typically this sort of thing is due to mod conflicts and ModuleManager cfg - these are quite hard to get right to handle every situation. I think Jonny has done lots with KSA and FreeIVA.
  • If you can't figure it out, link the ModuleManager.ConfigCache on dropbox, might be able to figure it out from that.

I also trust that @JonnyOThan can figure it out, and fix things, he's now an official contributor for this mod on GitHub. :-)

Edited by 610yesnolovely

1 hour ago, 610yesnolovely said:

I've not been around KSP development for a while, but I had a quick look and saw nothing unusual - usually the best way to figure out why things have gone wrong in this case. Details on how you could help diagnose in spoiler.

I also trust that @JonnyOThan can figure it out, and fix things, he's now an official contributor for this mod on GitHub. :-)

Thank you for being as exact in your instructions as you were as it was very helpful; I did all those steps and everything is correct and exactly as you quoted it. I went ahead and did a top-to-bottom reinstall just in case with wiping game/mod folders to redownload it, and it seems to be working now??? I was getting this message still but I am unsure if it is related or not.
cf4776308a459c77484f141cd46bc2e2.png

Which may be B9 being broken in some way? But I'm unsure if it's affecting the IVA Switch specifically. Either way, it's working so I'm grateful. Now if only I could figure out why my right click likes to randomly break and not show menus anymore...probably a memory issue somewhere...

I'm using Reviva with RP1, trying to get the DE_IVA probe control room. Unfortunately, the RP1 probes don't have the Reviva functionality on their PAW, and it's not defaulting to DE_IVA's. Is there a way to set up a default IVA outside of the PAW (even through modulemanager editing)?

4 hours ago, Ottomic said:

I'm using Reviva with RP1, trying to get the DE_IVA probe control room. Unfortunately, the RP1 probes don't have the Reviva functionality on their PAW, and it's not defaulting to DE_IVA's. Is there a way to set up a default IVA outside of the PAW (even through modulemanager editing)?

Yeah you just need to set the name of the INTERNAL in the part just like any other IVA.  There’s probably some kind of “last writer wins” thing going on.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/3/2023 at 4:09 PM, Ottomic said:

I was having the same problem with RP-1/RO/RSS.   You can edit GameData -> ProbeControlRoom -> MM_MC-Internal.cfg where it says

INTERNAL 
	{
		name = MissionControl
	}

to

INTERNAL 
	{
		name = DE_MissionControl
	}

or if you wanted to use the KSA version...

INTERNAL 
	{
		name = KSA_MissionControl
	}

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Javascap said:

So, quick theoritcal question: could this mod be used to steal Benjee10's Artemis cockpit from the Artemis Constrution Kit and give it to the MK2-3 cockpit from the ReDIRECT mod?

If you just want to replace the internals, you just need modulemanager and write a patch (or just directly edit the config files).  Reviva is only necessary if you want to be able to select a different IVA for the same part, in the editor (or flight).

Note that using an internal from one part in a different part will mostly work, but usually you get cosmetic issues like the windows not lining up with the external part.

Edited by JonnyOThan

• 1 month later...

Version 1.0.0 is now available!

Changes from previous version

• Giant refactoring of patches to make it easier to add support for mods and parts
  • Fixed bugs regarding RPM variable persistence and action group memos being lost
  • Fixed bugs that prevented ProbeControlRoom from working properly with Reviva
  • Added Apex and Kermantech options for mk3 cockpit
  • Fixed some configuration bugs

2 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Version 1.0.0 is now available!

Changes from previous version

• Giant refactoring of patches to make it easier to add support for mods and parts
  • Fixed bugs regarding RPM variable persistence and action group memos being lost
  • Fixed bugs that prevented ProbeControlRoom from working properly with Reviva
  • Added Apex and Kermantech options for mk3 cockpit
  • Fixed some configuration bugs

JonnyOThan is awesome! He's now a co-contributor for Reviva on GitHub (ie. has full power and authority to do anything with the mod), he's got my energy and time than I have, so expect some more cool things soon. Who knows, it may motivate me to help out too :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Having issues with probe control room and Reviva. mulitiple ivas installed for PCR, reviva shows them and when clicking on them to switch they all show the same room im guessing is stock. im very new at this so i apologize. log states 22 errors related to DE_MAS.cfg https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r9ov9q6ss8a3sx7gdtqad/KSP.log?rlkey=7n1sq00396gdj2hpsnct66kwi&dl=0

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the RO/RP-1 X-1 cockpit is it's own part which doesn't point to the x-1 cockpit from AP+. It's cfg internals points to the mk.1 cockpit. I'm not sure if it's what's causing my issues but I don't have any of the X-1 cockpits available Reviva, which is understandable, and the lights and some of the instruments don't seem to work. Not sure if this mix up is causing the lights and instrument issue or not, still doing research and testing, pics and logs to follow.

Edited by Publius Kerman

On 3/16/2024 at 4:39 PM, evanandeverything said:

Having issues with probe control room and Reviva. mulitiple ivas installed for PCR, reviva shows them and when clicking on them to switch they all show the same room im guessing is stock. im very new at this so i apologize. log states 22 errors related to DE_MAS.cfg https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/r9ov9q6ss8a3sx7gdtqad/KSP.log?rlkey=7n1sq00396gdj2hpsnct66kwi&dl=0

Sorry, I must have missed this message!  Your log file has been deleted from dropbox, so if you're still having issues please post another one.  If you have a github account, the best thing to do would be to create an issue on github with your log file attached; that way it will stay there until someone investigates and resolves it:  https://github.com/harveyt/reviva/issues

5 hours ago, Publius Kerman said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but the RO/RP-1 X-1 cockpit is it's own part which doesn't point to the x-1 cockpit from AP+. It's cfg internals points to the mk.1 cockpit. I'm not sure if it's what's causing my issues but I don't have any of the X-1 cockpits available Reviva, which is understandable, and the lights and some of the instruments don't seem to work. Not sure if this mix up is causing the lights and instrument issue or not, still doing research and testing, pics and logs to follow.

Hi, I created a github issue for this here: https://github.com/harveyt/reviva/issues/28

Can you please attach your ksp.log file there so we can see what mods you have installed? thanks!

12 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

Hi, I created a github issue for this here: https://github.com/harveyt/reviva/issues/28

Can you please attach your ksp.log file there so we can see what mods you have installed? thanks!

Yeah sure, and thank you! I've been doing some digging and it seems related to how they added their x-15 and x-1 cockpits into the game by cloning the the Mk1 and Mk1inline and then swaping the cockpit internals and giving the mk1CockpitInternal to their X-1(modified AP+ x1cockpit), example in spoiler. I've also noticed a pattern, it seems like any of the MAS MFD's or HUD works(think it's the MAS one, the one in DE and RPM but not ASET or KSA) Including the MAS MFD in the "DE + MAS" cockpits which along with the HUD still work while nothing else does.

Logs: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/dtkup0tr9n30whqsr1sp3/h?rlkey=5idlxf4uj250403l55noozbam&dl=0
Will also try to attach to github

Spoiler

+PART[Mark1Cockpit]:FOR[RealismOverhaul]
{
    @name = RO-Mk1Cockpit
    @title = Mk1 Cockpit
    @description = Two-person spaceplane cockpit. Rated for LEO reentries.
    @mass = 1.3
    @INTERNAL
    {
        @name = mk2CockpitStandardInternals
        %offset = 0.0, -0.2, -0.9
    }
}

Edited by Publius Kerman

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm using the old Warbirds Cockpits, the last one Galen released, because the newest version doesn't seem to work for me even on a clean install with only WC, Reviva, and a couple of other IVA packs supported by Reviva to test Reviva support. @JonnyOThan I'm working on getting you some logs for that as well. I also added possible solution to the Reviva github issue.

Edited by Publius Kerman

4 hours ago, Publius Kerman said:

Sorry, I forgot to mention I'm using the old Warbirds Cockpits, the last one Galen released, because the newest version doesn't seem to work for me even on a clean install with only WC, Reviva, and a couple of other IVA packs supported by Reviva to test Reviva support. @JonnyOThan I'm working on getting you some logs for that as well. I also added possible solution to the Reviva github issue.

What newest version?

17 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

What newest version?

The one currently on github, unless master is a dev branch, I wasn't sure because the SpaceDock has 0.3PRE version but the source code link goes to the github where there is a newer version with the WarbirdsCockpits moved from Galen to GameData. Either way, on the master branch most of the cockpits work but for some reason the X-1 seat seems to be in the wrong place. When I install just Warbirds and, all decencies and recommendations that make the mod fully functional, it will load the X-1 cockpit IVA with portrait, but the background is super dark and nothing behind him and the first person puts you facing the ground and head forward inside the mesh. When installed with Reviva the regular AP+ X-1 IVA will load but as soon as you switch to Warbirds IVA the portrait goes away and all IVA's get disabled until new/revert flight. I opened an issue on the Warbirds github and posted logs.

https://github.com/theonegalen/WarbirdCockpits/issues/4

Edited by Publius Kerman

2 hours ago, Publius Kerman said:

unless master is a dev branch

It is.  There is only one mod I know of where you’re supposed to download the head of a branch and that’s ksrss.

7 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

It is.  There is only one mod I know of where you’re supposed to download the head of a branch and that’s ksrss.

I get that, but it's the only branch visible on the github with a SpaceDock page pointing to source code for 0.3PRE, which is what made it confusing. I thought Spacedock just wasn't updated yet.

2 hours ago, Publius Kerman said:

I get that, but it's the only branch visible on the github with a SpaceDock page pointing to source code for 0.3PRE, which is what made it confusing. I thought Spacedock just wasn't updated yet.

Right, theres no single standard for this but generally you never download the repo.  If GitHub is used for distribution then you’d use the releases page. 

• 3 weeks later...

FYI: Reviva has been transferred on GitHub to https://github.com/FirstPersonKSP/reviva - so a bunch of people can collaborate better. Consider this also a confirmation of transfer of any license to that organization, and the right of that organization to change license and do whatever they think is best (I'm part of the organization of course, but more people is better).

The old links will still work, so nothing should be impacted.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Harald Kerbal said:

Can i like download one of the 4? Because I'm not feeling like installing 4 mods to use only 1. But at least this helps to decide between 3 mods and stock ngl

The 4 mods under "required" are indeed required. The first is this mod, the second, B9PartSwitch, is the mod that handles the toggle and ability to switch between things, the third is Module Manager, which is required to do basically any modding whatsoever, and RPM is the mod that adds all the bits and bobs in the IVA and comes with a few examples. You're welcome to use as many or few other IVAs as you like, but this is the bare minimum for this mod to function.

Yup, you need a bunch of mods to make Reviva shine as it's just a tiny part of getting IVA to work really nice. I also recommend FreeIVA so you can leave your seat and explore your ship.

Come join us in modded land. Use CKAN to automatically install everything. I have over 300 mods, and it's very pretty... and yes, this picture is KSP1.

Mods that make this look like this: KSRSS Reborn, Cape Canaveral for KSRSS, EVE (Volumetric Cloud Patreon edition) and Atmospheric Beats for EVE VC, and of course Reviva and it's definitely required mods, plus I think either DE IVA or perhaps Warbirds IVA.

Edited by 610yesnolovely

I love Civilian Population Combined with Free IVA.

You can talk Civilians (Tourists) Through your habitat / station area.. out an airlock & EVA.

Definitely adds an entire new element to game play. I enjoy it for the novelty sake.

Other I have seen use curated mod lists to have full sensor info displayed onto IVA. Some even alloy camera overlay onto certain screens.

KSP has so many different mods that even something like IVA can cater to several different playstyles!

Edited by Fizzlebop Smith