[1.12.x] Reviva - the IVA revival and editor/flight switcher. Bug fixing release. (1.0.0 - 17th Feb 2024)

610yesnolovely

On 3/3/2023 at 9:25 PM, 610yesnolovely said:

Removing it and then seeing multiple IVA switches means that compat is still needed. I was sure the most recent KSA IVA updated fixed that issue (?).

https://github.com/JonnyOThan/KSA-IVA-Upgrade/releases - according to this that compat.cfg is not required for 1.6.3 or 1.6.4 releases, so do you have an older one?

Possibly help is needed from @JonnyOThan

currently have v1.6.5 installed,  still have the issue, however with the compat patch removed i have 2 iva switches,  also getting one error for every Iva i have installed

heres a quick sample of the log

Spoiler

[WRN 23:38:41.299] Warning on PartSubtype BDBPlaceholder on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='IVASwitch') on part bluedog.LM.Ascent.Cockpit: Found more than one matching module
[EXC 23:38:41.316] Exception: Found more than one matching module
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleMatcher.FindModule (Part part) (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleModifierInfo+<CreatePartModifiers>d__10.MoveNext () (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
    B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Setup (B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch parent, System.Boolean displayWarnings) (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype:Setup(ModuleB9PartSwitch, Boolean)
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:InitializeSubtypes(Boolean)
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch:OnStart(StartState)
    Part:ModulesOnStart()
    <Start>d__323:Part+<Start>d__323.MoveNext_Patch0(<Start>d__323)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)
[WRN 23:38:41.316] Warning on PartSubtype BDB2 on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='IVASwitch') on part bluedog.LM.Ascent.Cockpit: Found more than one matching module
[EXC 23:38:41.317] Exception: Found more than one matching module
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleMatcher.FindModule (Part part) (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
    B9PartSwitch.ModuleModifierInfo+<CreatePartModifiers>d__10.MoveNext () (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
    B9PartSwitch.PartSubtype.Setup (B9PartSwitch.ModuleB9PartSwitch parent, System.Boolean displayWarnings) (at <a3c2951fc74e4639820ef37d2d29f386>:0)
    ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)

its spamming one error for every IVA

Edited by x170doom

3 hours ago, x170doom said:

currently have v1.6.5 installed,  still have the issue, however with the compat patch removed i have 2 iva switches,  also getting one error for every Iva i have installed

heres a quick sample of the log

Reveal hidden contents

[WRN 23:38:41.299] Warning on PartSubtype BDBPlaceholder on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='IVASwitch') on part bluedog.LM.Ascent.Cockpit: Found more than one matching module
[EXC 23:38:41.316] Exception: Found more than one matching module
[WRN 23:38:41.316] Warning on PartSubtype BDB2 on module ModuleB9PartSwitch (moduleID='IVASwitch') on part bluedog.LM.Ascent.Cockpit: Found more than one matching module
[EXC 23:38:41.317] Exception: Found more than one matching module

its spamming one error for every IVA

Please post your entire ksp.log and modulemanager.configcache files.

36 minutes ago, x170doom said:

I can't seem to find the modulemanager.configcache file. only a .physics and .techtree file

Then it sounds like you have a bad MM patch somewhere. See if you have a /Logs/ModuleManager/MMPatch.log or ModuleManager.log in your main KSP folder, and post one of them, if they are present.

MM errors are in the KSP .log file too, so no additional logs needed for now.

99198 [LOG 22:45:35.045] Applying update DE_IVAExtension/Parts/@PART:HAS[#DE_IVA_internalName]:FOR[DE_IVAExtension] to REPOSoftTech/ResearchBodies/Parts/telescope/telescope.cfg/PART[TrackBodiesTelescope]
 99199 [WRN 22:45:35.045] Cannot find key manufacturer in PART
 99200 [ERR 22:45:35.055] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key storedStrings = #v1.1.0||$/title$|||||$/manufacturer$

I was pretty sure I fixed this one..Oh it just hasn't been released yet :/

If you make your GameData/DE_IVAExtension/Parts.cfg file look like this, it should fix the MM error and produce a configcache: https://github.com/JonnyOThan/DE_IVAExtension/compare/v1.1.0...master#diff-938ce9c5b40254e1754ae2e06e1f00d3c94cd3e7683d3255cfa00aea82351bf4

Or perhaps more useful, here's a link to the fixed version you can download: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JonnyOThan/DE_IVAExtension/4882eace46237be959d24ca7196c7d16cfaa1fd5/GameData/DE_IVAExtension/Parts.cfg

Good lord, I think I found it.  There's a single missing character in this line: https://github.com/JonnyOThan/KSA-IVA-Upgrade/blob/eaf645250a348c72db63f93ccf8f206e56708ea8/GameData/KSA/IVAUpgrade/Spaces/KSA_bdb_lm.cfg#L1026

That needs to be

:HAS[#moduleID[IVASwitch]]

- note the missing #

Edited by JonnyOThan

1 hour ago, JonnyOThan said:

MM errors are in the KSP .log file too, so no additional logs needed for now.

99198 [LOG 22:45:35.045] Applying update DE_IVAExtension/Parts/@PART:HAS[#DE_IVA_internalName]:FOR[DE_IVAExtension] to REPOSoftTech/ResearchBodies/Parts/telescope/telescope.cfg/PART[TrackBodiesTelescope]
 99199 [WRN 22:45:35.045] Cannot find key manufacturer in PART
 99200 [ERR 22:45:35.055] Error - Cannot parse variable search when replacing (%) key storedStrings = #v1.1.0||$/title$|||||$/manufacturer$

I was pretty sure I fixed this one..Oh it just hasn't been released yet :/

If you make your GameData/DE_IVAExtension/Parts.cfg file look like this, it should fix the MM error and produce a configcache: https://github.com/JonnyOThan/DE_IVAExtension/compare/v1.1.0...master#diff-938ce9c5b40254e1754ae2e06e1f00d3c94cd3e7683d3255cfa00aea82351bf4

Or perhaps more useful, here's a link to the fixed version you can download: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/JonnyOThan/DE_IVAExtension/4882eace46237be959d24ca7196c7d16cfaa1fd5/GameData/DE_IVAExtension/Parts.cfg

Good lord, I think I found it.  There's a single missing character in this line: https://github.com/JonnyOThan/KSA-IVA-Upgrade/blob/eaf645250a348c72db63f93ccf8f206e56708ea8/GameData/KSA/IVAUpgrade/Spaces/KSA_bdb_lm.cfg#L1026

That needs to be

:HAS[#moduleID[IVASwitch]]

- note the missing #

got these changes made, starting ksp now, will post if it fixes the issue

edit: all seems to be working now. IVAs are switching correctly

Edited by x170doom

9 minutes ago, JeromeHeretic said:

I like to use Max-KSP IVA for mk1-3 pod. How can i force using of this mod? I can switch to it by reviva, but without reviva mod MAS config override Max-KSP and MAS IVA is used.

Open Max-KSP IVA Pack/MAS_mk1-3.cfg and change the first line to: 

@PART[mk1-3pod]:AFTER[AvionicsSystems]

Hey, were you planning on adding support for SOCK? One of the IVA mods had an update that gives the shuttle control panels, which was awesome. But I kinda want to be able to switch to the old IVA, for nostalgia and stuff.

9 minutes ago, Blufor878 said:

Hey, were you planning on adding support for SOCK? One of the IVA mods had an update that gives the shuttle control panels, which was awesome. But I kinda want to be able to switch to the old IVA, for nostalgia and stuff.

I had been planning on adding reviva support to ksa itself, but figured no one would care :p

4 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

I had been planning on adding reviva support to ksa itself, but figured no one would care :p

Whatever you want to do. Just a thought. This is a great mod regardless.

32 minutes ago, JeromeHeretic said:

Thx for answer, but it didn't help.  I also tried NEEDS, but nothing happens.  Any other idea?

The logs might be useful to determine which patches applied to the part.  After implies needs.  I’m pretty sure the issue is just the ordering of the patches.

1 hour ago, JeromeHeretic said:

Thx for answer, but it didn't help.  I also tried NEEDS, but nothing happens.  Any other idea?

Not a fix, but moar a "workaround", for in the meantime:

Try removing the /FlightSystems folder from /MOARdV... its basically a "sub-mod", that is just MAS-only IVAs... or if you *do* use some of the other ivas in that folder, just remove the Mk1-3 cfg, or renmame the file extension so it doesnt load.

15 hours ago, JonnyOThan said:

The logs might be useful to determine which patches applied to the part.  After implies needs.  I’m pretty sure the issue is just the ordering of the patches.

Yes, that's also my opinion. Ok, now im in office, at the evening i upload log, for me is not clear what exactly search, this things with IVAs is a bit messy.

BTW: How, or where to upload log to don't mess up forum? I see only possibility to hide log as spoiler, but it's a bit stupid. Some better sugestion?

Edited by JeromeHeretic

Yes, that's also my opinion. Ok, now im in office, at the evening i upload log, for me is not clear what exactly search, this things with IVAs is a bit messy.

BTW: How, or where to upload log to don't mess up forum? I see only possibility to hide log as spoiler, but it's a bit stupid. Some better sugestion?

some people use google drive, just make sure to set the file permissions so that anyone with the link can open it.

How, or where to upload log

There are alternatives such as Dropbox.

Whichever file-hosting service you use, upload the file, then copy the link it that the file-host gives you and copy it into the message you post here.

18 hours ago, Blufor878 said:

Whatever you want to do. Just a thought. This is a great mod regardless.

The IVA guys (Kinetic and Jonny) who are adopting several mods and I agreed that providing Reviva support directly in those mods themselves is the best way to go: so for KSA it would provide Reviva config for SOCK (which it does I believe).

I'm definitely going to be looking at updating Reviva soon(TM), as my actual work has become less intense, and I'm playing KSP again: usually IVA support is driven by my own usage. I do however want to look at shuttles, as this time I'll be using SOCK (and Benjee's mods). I'm developing another contract mod (K-Planes) which will have shuttle and space plane like contracts, so that's another driving force.

Progress is likely going to be sporadic and slow: last year I had way more time as I worked for myself :-D

Edited by 610yesnolovely

23 minutes ago, JeromeHeretic said:

No problem, i can upload log to my server. I was just asking if it is possible by some forum feature.

So there is my Player.log

In between at the evening i will try Stone blue's workaround and will report if it helps.

The ordering looks correct in there.  Can you post your modulemanager.configcache?

On 4/11/2023 at 12:36 AM, Stone Blue said:

Not a fix, but moar a "workaround", for in the meantime:

Try removing the /FlightSystems folder from /MOARdV... its basically a "sub-mod", that is just MAS-only IVAs... or if you *do* use some of the other ivas in that folder, just remove the Mk1-3 cfg, or renmame the file extension so it doesnt load.

This works. If there's no better solution, i can live with it. But still i'm courious how to do it properly. This is a bit "dirty" method...

39 minutes ago, JeromeHeretic said:

This works. If there's no better solution, i can live with it. But still i'm courious how to do it properly. This is a bit "dirty" method...

Ohhhh I see the problem...MAS and MAX-KSP use the same internal name.  you'll have to change one of them.