What Song Resonates With You On The Deepest Level?

AlamoVampire

As the title asks what song or songs resonate with you or do you identify with on a near atomic level? If you feel comfortable feel free to say why this song or songs resonate do deeply with you, but an explanation is not required.

Since I asked, I will share a song that I personally identify with, but, the why is personal so I will not share why.

So my friends, how about you?

First dance at my wedding. Still well up a bit when I hear it.

Funny story: Before our wedding we took a "Crash Course in Dancing for People Who Are Getting Married" course. We brought this CD to the first session, and when our first turn came up the instructor put the CD in the player and asked us what track our song was. I forgot and told her the wrong track, the one just before it.

She played the whole thing through, jiving along with it, while the whole class was dying laughing, including us. When it was done, she was all, "Well, it's an odd pick for first dance, but it's got a great beat."

Some folks here are aware of some recent horrific changes wrought by force in my life by others in just the last week. To those who know thank you for talking to me about it. I have been cruising youtube listening to music and tripped across a group ive not heard for a while. 2 of their songs hit me like a freight train. The first just screams out to me as the anthem to this mess, the second also speaks to how i feel. 

I suspect there will be plenty of "our song" entries to this thread eventually, so as a committed bachelor I'll throw in mine for a bit of variation :D I fell in love with Tom Waits in the late 80s and have been following him ever since. Unfortunately he retired some years ago, but he left a legacy of around 2 dozen albums, all of which I own, many on multiple media formats. I was fortunate enough to see him live in 1999 in the amazing setting of the Royal Opera House in The Hague, one of the best concerts I have ever seen. There are many songs of his that resonate with me, but this one I definitely count as a personal 'anthem':

probibly something off of overkill. 

lets just say the whole damn album. as well as march or die, 1916, and orgasmatron, and throw in their '77 self titled demo with mostly hawkwind songs. and everything else they did, ive never been able to find a bad motorhead song.  

Edited by Nuke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was busy going down the rabbit hole of youtube shorts when i tripped over a short with this as background music. Took a bit of looking, but i found it and frankly it shattered me. It got me thinking about my best friend who passed away in 2020. This song absolutely tore the wound of his loss open again. I miss him so much, he was more than my best friend, he was my brother from another mother. So, I thought Id share what I found. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...