What will be your go to Paint scheme?

Snafu225

Hey all you beautiful people out there,

since KSP 2 is coming with custom colour schemes for what seems to be almost everything (as we've seen coloured RCS ports and solar panels by now) I'm wondering: 

What is going to be your go to Paint/Colour scheme for your crafts? 
Will it be a the classic black and white?
Will it be the cool ninja style all black?
Will it be all sorts of weird combinations?
Will it be colour coded by destination/purpose/freight?

Interested to hear your ideas and thoughts

white/black with any vibrant secondary color always works good but i think orange with black as secondary could also work really well.  primary white with blue and red is really good for a retro livery.

i think ill mostly just avoid one color ships.  and what i probably will do is having one color scheme for a "company" or a "multiple launch mission" like Apollo. when multiplayer comes out ill think ill do one or two schemes for everything and stick to those so you know who made what

39 minutes ago, jastrone said:

primary white with blue and red is really good for a retro livery.

It indeed is, I immediately had to think about old Porsche Martini liveries :D

Spoiler

Porsche_911_1978_SC_Safari_Racer_Martini

15 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

You'll see me in multiplayer.

What colours will I recognize you by?

2 minutes ago, Pthigrivi said:

Im psyched we can do this. I like combining turquoise, orange, black, and white. Is there a color picker so we can copy from part to part? I also hope we get our flags back.

Me too! It should also really help to make more uniform looking crafts. Apart from the flags (which I'd bet money on are a given) I wonder if there will be  different "patterns" that can be coloured.

Edited by Snafu225

1 hour ago, Snafu225 said:

Hey all you beautiful people out there,

since KSP 2 is coming with custom colour schemes for what seems to be almost everything (as we've seen coloured RCS ports and solar panels by now) I'm wondering: 

What is going to be your go to Paint/Colour scheme for your crafts? 
Will it be a the classic black and white?
Will it be the cool ninja style all black?
Will it be all sorts of weird combinations?
Will it be colour coded by destination/purpose/freight?

Interested to hear your ideas and thoughts

it be for scheme based on machine, type, variation, age, and if its an experiment

its going to be very complicated overall

2 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

How do you want age to influence your selection? Like "historical" paint schemes for crafts you haven't used in a while?

2 minutes ago, Stephensan said:

its going to be very complicated overall

As I want to use some colour code myself I feel that. Still trying to think about a way to not confuse myself too much.

Just now, Snafu225 said:

How do you want age to influence your selection? Like "historical" paint schemes for crafts you haven't used in a while?

As I want to use some colour code myself I feel that. Still trying to think about a way to not confuse myself too much.

older the ship is in the save, the more bare it becomes to save cost, even though cost doesn't exist. they aren't as important pretty much

historical moments like "going to duna" will get special coats etc

Edited by Stephensan

I'm not super sure yet—and it is always likely to change over time—but rn I'm leaning towards doing different themes depending on what era of tech I'm using—once tech progression gets introduced, obviously. Something like silver/metallic for early-tech, black and white for "modern" tech (basically around where the end of the current tech tree is in ksp 1) and then coloring each ship/mission uniquely for future tech. 

1 hour ago, Snafu225 said:

What colours will I recognize you by?

Void black and blood red.

1 hour ago, Bej Kerman said:

If you invite any of us to whatever server you're on, sure.

Global server!

1 minute ago, Bej Kerman said:

A dream that gets passed around massive gaming journal sites as misinformation :D

It hasn't reached that scope yet luckily, but can we stick to colours etc please? 
All 3 of us have plenty other topics where we argue all the time :D 

I'l pick an identifying color to use as a highlight, then split the main color according to the role of the craft. Cargo ships in red-gray, scientific vessels in blue, inter-colony transport in white, exploratory craft in black, etc. Ships that are small enough to fit inside bays of other ships will remain unpainted and interstellar-class ships will have paint associated with their functions, with green paint overriding the others if the ship is going to found a colony. 

12 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

Is there a color picker so we can copy from part to part?

there has to be some way to use the same color twice. anything else would be stupid. and we have seen ships in the videos with much of the same color so it is there. i think you will be able to save a color as a favorite and then you can just select it the next time you make a ship