Hello! Is there any release window/date for when we could see "on final approach" make its way to consoles?

Hi! could we please get some information about the final KSP 1 update thats been promised for so long? (we're still on 1.10) Its been stated on multiple occasions that console versions will be updated, then back in october i sent a message to ksp on instagram if this was still planned and they said yes... where is it? When is it releasing? Us console players wont get KSP 2 for at least a year or two, so its not like updating PS5/Xbox versions will pull customers away from 2. Could we please get any info on when we could expect this update thats been promised? 

Smaill edit to add that this update was first announced over a year and a half ago (17 months), and that the devs have affirmed multiple times since then that the update has not been cancelled and is still coming. I also going to add that in april of 2022, @Ghostii_Space said 1.11 and 1.12 would both release before the end of the year. Its now almost March of 2023 and there has been no communication whatsoever.

On 4/20/2022 at 5:45 PM, Ghostii_Space said:

Hello!

We plan on getting console caught up with PC this year, but we don't have an exact ETA on when that update will go live at this time. We'll make sure to notify the community as soon as we have more information on that! 

Edited by Turtlegirl1209

• 2 weeks later...

1.11 and 1.12 were announced to be coming to console in late 2021. On April 20th of 2022 (that date is important), @Ghostii_Space announced that BOTH would come out before the end of 2022.

AND THAT WAS THE LAST WORD WE HAVE HAD. It is now MARCH of 2023! The entire window has passed and neither update has released! Now, this alone isnt awful, dev timelines slip and thats just the reality of game development. What makes this unacceptable is the TOTAL lack of communication.

That announcement of a release window was the MOST RECENT COMMUNICATION MADE.

IT HAS BEEN THREE HUNDREND AND TWENTY FIVE (325) DAYS SINCE THE MOST RECENT KSP EE UPDATE COMMUNICATION.  

This is unacceptable, and not only are teams not correcting this wrong, they are activley refusing to fix it. I have messaged kerbalspacep on both instagram and tiktok, and I have messaged multiple community managers and anyone else who may have access to the information neccesary to answer when these updates are coming, or if they even still exist.  I have even contacted private division customer support! My messages are being marked as read, and have remained that way for weeks. And yet, I have no answers to these simple questions. How is this acceptable to anyone at PD? A promised release window was completly passed with ZERO communication. It is 100% unprofessional and unacceptable.

However, the worst part is the affect on the community. If you look in any thread releated to Enhanced Edition and it's promised updates, and you find a community in the complete shambles of hopelessness. Just look up "1.12 console" here on the forums, and outside of some results about modding on PC, you'll find a mulitude of posts showing the current state of the community, and IT'S BAD. Even on the various KSP discord servers, it's evident.

But it doesnt have to be this way. @Dakota or anyone else could easily just tell us what on earth is going on.

ITS TIME TO FIX THIS.

IT HAS BEEN THREE HUNDREND AND TWENTY FIVE (325) DAYS SINCE THE MOST RECENT KSP EE UPDATE COMMUNICATION.  

16 hours ago, Stoup said:

I hope there's at least some resolution to this issue :retrograde:

Me too, and thanks. But, as of now.

IT HAS BEEN THREE HUNDREND AND TWENTY SEVEN (327) DAYS SINCE THE MOST RECENT KSP EE UPDATE COMMUNICATION.

Yeah I'm probabbly going to do this everyday until we hear litterally anything. Idk what else to do.  

14 hours ago, Turtlegirl1209 said:

IT HAS BEEN THREE HUNDREND AND TWENTY EIGHT (328) DAYS SINCE THE MOST RECENT KSP EE UPDATE COMMUNICATION.

Quick note, the community guidelines do not allow “bump” style posts, which this is considered to be.   Please do not continue with these.   

The dev team is clearly aware of the issue, people have begging for an answer for a long time.    Annoying other forum members and making the moderators job harder will not make the devs answer a question any quicker.  

But I bet if they had an answer to your question, they would have already answered it.   

Hey yall! 

So a few weeks ago, I messaged Private Division customer support to ask when 1.11 and 1.12 will be coming to console. Like my other efforts to find this information, I expected this to go nowhere and get no response. However! I actually did receive a response! Still didn't know what to expect, but this was the first time there was communication from someone  who would know when the updates are coming. I opened the email, and...

"Thanks for writing in!
 At the moment, we don't have any information concerning this matter, but be sure to follow us on our social media channels for any updates and announcements!"

Useless. Look at the wording.  "We don't have any information concerning this matter".  No matter which way you slice it, it certainly sounds like theyre saying that they, you know, "dont have any information".  PD is supposed to be the one develloping the updates, yet this is the wording chosen.  Now, they probably mean they they dont have any information to share. But, this isn't what was said. Yet again, this stiuation continues to be a case study in unacceptable communication woes. 

But, there is also the last part. "Be sure to follow us on our social media channels for any updates and announcements!". Personally, I find this to be entirely uncredible.  These updates were announced to both be coming to console in September of 2021. Then, in april of 2022, @Ghostii_Space said that they would both come out by the end of 2022. And that was the last public word we've had! It has been litterally, to the day, 11 months! Individual users have messaged and gotten confirmation that the updates are still coming, but still there have been zero public announcements, even as time sails past the end of the release window.  The teams havent even recognized the existance of their promise, even in private, since October! It is now March of the next year! A full 3 months after the end of their announced release window for a project, with no word whatsoever. Have you ever seen the same unprofessionalism out of another large game company? Just completely passing a release date/window with ZERO communication? It's unheard of, and unacceptable.

Yet they refuse to rectify the situation.

On 3/15/2023 at 10:52 AM, Gargamel said:

But I bet if they had an answer to your question, they would have already answered it.

I agree. If they had an answer to give, that is likely exactly what they would do. But, they havent. That's what I'm critiquing. I'm criticising the wild unprofessionalism of the situation, the unprofessionalism that can only be fixed by the bare minimum of communication that they are refusing to provide.

Edited by Turtlegirl1209

If they say “yes an update is coming” then the community loses their minds demanding more info.     If they say “no update is planned”, then the entire community is up in arms.      If they stay silent, everybody is unhappy, but not many get vocal.   It’s the lesser of weevils.   

Consider no news to be good news.    

On 3/21/2023 at 4:18 AM, Gargamel said:

If they say “yes an update is coming” then the community loses their minds demanding more info.     If they say “no update is planned”, then the entire community is up in arms.      If they stay silent, everybody is unhappy, but not many get vocal.

The update has already been confirmed, and game devellopment projects get delayed all the time, so they should just.. announce a delay or something. Like everyone else does. It's extremely weird that they would activley choose too just... not say anything, and to a certain extent, pretend this problem doesnt exist. 

• 2 weeks later...

it is absolutly disgusting that this situation has been allowed to get this bad.  We're approaching it being one year since the last time this studio brought up any information about the updates. "release before the end of the year", yet its april of the following year, and nothing. No mentions, no update, no new timeline, and no delay announcement.  How on earth is this ok with anyone? How long will this be allowed to go on for? Will we still be asking whats going on in june, august, december? Next year? What's the limit here? Because, even now the company only says to wait more. I think we've waited plenty. We waited, and were rewarded with silence.

It's repulsive. I will be contacting Private Division upper management. The people at the top of the company have emails, phone numbers, social medias. If they aren't aware of the problem, I will make sure they are made aware. I will put on display their unprofessionalism, until this problem is fixed. 

Imagine this: KSP 2 has a release date set for Feb 24, 2023. People are anxoisly waiting, excited. The day comes, they boot up their computers, and... nothing. Ok, maybe it's releaasing super late in the day or something. Time zones and whatnot. They go to bed, and the next day - still nothing. What's going on? They check social media, but there's no mention of the game anywhere. No one has the game, and the dev studio hasn't said anything. People get confused, maybe it got delayed? Days, weeks go by. Still no mention. The last word was that, yup, the game was supposed to come out on the 24th of February. It's  early March now, yet theres no game, no delay announcement, nothing whatsoever. People contact customer support, they just say to wait for announcements. People wait and wait. Nothing. Months go by, soon a year. Still nothing. 

See what's going on?

I'm not demanding the update itself, if its been cancelled, its been cancelled and thats life. However, abandoning your community as has been done is disgusting. Tell us what is going on. 

Edited by Turtlegirl1209

On 2/25/2023 at 2:43 AM, Turtlegirl1209 said:

Hi! could we please get some information about the final KSP 1 update thats been promised for so long? (we're still on 1.10) Its been stated on multiple occasions that console versions will be updated, then back in october i sent a message to ksp on instagram if this was still planned and they said yes... where is it? When is it releasing? Us console players wont get KSP 2 for at least a year or two, so its not like updating PS5/Xbox versions will pull customers away from 2. Could we please get any info on when we could expect this update thats been promised? 

Smaill edit to add that this update was first announced over a year and a half ago (17 months), and that the devs have affirmed multiple times since then that the update has not been cancelled and is still coming. I also going to add that in april of 2022, @Ghostii_Space said 1.11 and 1.12 would both release before the end of the year. Its now almost March of 2023 and there has been no communication whatsoever.

Wait.. 1.11 is not out yet? i thought it was released already!

30 minutes ago, Dunas Only Moon said:

Wait.. 1.11 is not out yet? i thought it was released already!

You may have thought that because well, it was supposed to be. That's what we were told. But, irregardless of that fact, it's not. Ksp on consoles, even on the new, powerful consoles, is still only on 1.10.

The list of features we're missing is looong, but if you're interesed:

Spoiler

We're missing a ton of important features like all of EVA construction, five-way RCS ports, ability to repair parts, EVA science, the complete set of solar panels, new containers and their functionally, ability to customize kerbal invintories, the kerbal Slim Suit based on spacex space suits, improved + rotatable docking ports, fireworks, improved craft loading menus, maneuver mode maker, stock kerbal alarm clock, and the extra discoverable launch sites that are all around kerbin. We also dont have the improved wheels, or the new mun arch + other ground features and anomalies. The worst part is that we don't have the ground anchor :(

But yeah, KSP on console very much needs these updates.

18 minutes ago, Turtlegirl1209 said:

You may have thought that because well, it was supposed to be. That's what we were told. But, irregardless of that fact, it's not. Ksp on consoles, even on the new, powerful consoles, is still only on 1.10.

The list of features we're missing is looong, but if you're interesed:

Reveal hidden contents

We're missing a ton of important features like all of EVA construction, five-way RCS ports, ability to repair parts, EVA science, the complete set of solar panels, new containers and their functionally, ability to customize kerbal invintories, the kerbal Slim Suit based on spacex space suits, improved + rotatable docking ports, fireworks, improved craft loading menus, maneuver mode maker, stock kerbal alarm clock, and the extra discoverable launch sites that are all around kerbin. We also dont have the improved wheels, or the new mun arch + other ground features and anomalies. The worst part is that we don't have the ground anchor :(

But yeah, KSP on console very much needs these updates.

ive been stuck here on 1.10 and i hate it, watching youtubers playing with their circular panels!

revolt!

On 4/8/2023 at 2:37 PM, Turtlegirl1209 said:

It's repulsive. I will be contacting Private Division upper management. The people at the top of the company have emails, phone numbers, social medias. If they aren't aware of the problem, I will make sure they are made aware. I will put on display their unprofessionalism, until this problem is fixed. 

You see, that ship has sailed. The news I have is that a lot of management people were fired recently on PD .

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/take-two-confirm-layoffs-affecting-private-division-despite-exponential-growth-in-recent-years

So whoever will answer the phone on the other side, will know Squad squat** :P about what you would be talking about.

On the other hand, the new guys would be more prone to listening to you as they weren't the ones that created the mess at the same time they are the ones that will profit by fixing the mess - assuming the mess is fixable, of course.

Keep this in mind if you manage to talk to them: this is the best opportunity to earn their hearts, don't push them against the wall!

Edited by Lisias
** that was an unintential mistyped, I swear!! :)

On 4/20/2022 at 5:45 PM, Ghostii_Space said:

Hello!

We plan on getting console caught up with PC this year, but we don't have an exact ETA on when that update will go live at this time. We'll make sure to notify the community as soon as we have more information on that! 

It's been an entire year. This post is still the most recent public acknowledgement of the updates. A release timeline announcement for a project that seems to have just been forgotten about. Even with all this time that's gone by, we're still very much in the dark. What on kerbin is going on here?

I mean, a whole year has passed, and nothing. It's been an entire year.

• 3 weeks later...

The 1.11 and 1.12 updates have been promised numerous times over the past year and a half (ish, a bit more). The teams made an announcement promising that BOTH would be released for consoles before the end of the year! Well, before the end of last year, I should say. Yep,  their entire release window passed, no release no updates, AND NO COMMUNICATION. This situation continues to this day! There have been no public communications regarding the updates for over a year now, even though they promised them to be released by now! Private Division won't even answer with anything regarding this situation, over social media or even over their own channels of customer support! They won't even say if the updates are still coming or not. They have absolutley NO transparency whatsoever with their community! It is nothing other than a complete disregard for the consumers and fanbase.

The situation is completly unacceptable. There are no other words.

How long will this situation be allowed to continue? Will we still be asking what's going on in six months, next year, the year after that? How long will we be left in the dark?

Communication is not optional.

• 2 weeks later...

[Deleted by Me]

Edited by Cytauri
I was angry, it was after the KSP 2 release and we didn’t get any news. I’m much more content now with KSP, while still disappointed.

• 2 weeks later...

It's now June 4th, 2023. The release window for the 1.11 and 1.12 updates coming to console KSP was "before the end of 2022". Despite this, we have no game updates, no dev updates, no  delay announcements, and also no announcement of the cancellation of this project.   There has been litterally ZERO communication whatsoever. Even contacting Private Division customer service won't get you an acknowledgment of the update's continued existance, only a "we have no information, wait for announcements".  We've waited plenty. 

Back in February or march, I wondered alound in one of my posts, If I would still be asking come june, december, or next year. Well, it's june, and there's still absolutley no sign of anyone over at Private Division giving a single momentary thought to the console community. We've been completley and utterly abandoned. Keep in mind, the work on these updates (supposedly) started in September of 2021. It's June of 2023.

Honestly, I'm tired of gaming companies just constantly lying to their fanbases with zero repurcussions. I bought KSP on console in January of 2021, knowing it was behind on content updates, but also with the understanding that the devs had made commitments to the commuinity to bring the game up to the 1.12 content available on PC. These are promises blatent lies that have real influence on consumer purchasing decisions, and they should be treated as such. 

If the updates aren't coming, there's no reason not to tell us. If the updates have been kicked back, there's no reason not to tell us. If the updates are coming tommorow, there's no reason not to just say that. If the updates are cancelled completley, or never started devellopment in the first place, that's something the community has the right to know. Keeping your community in limbo benefits absolutley no one.

@Ghostii_Space @Dakota @St4rdust This is your mess to clean up. I'm sorry, as I understand it isn't your fault, but you all play the role of community managers. Well, your community has been abandoned. Figure it out. So far, these requests for basic transparency have been met with total and complete silence. However, as the saying goes, "yyou cannot not communicate". The message that has been sent is one of apathy and indiffrence for the consumers, the players, and the passionate fans. How long will you allow that to continue? It's up to you.

Edited by Turtlegirl1209