Kerbal Space Program 2 (Version 0.3.0 and Version 1.0.0) Hype Train!

AtomicTech

What's strange to me is that the post says something about "multiple job openings" but I looked, and there's no job openings on the linkedin and the official website only has three: a UX Artist, QA engineer, and a UX designer (which have been there for weeks) 

And not to mention that there's only two profiles listed as looking for work and Darrin being hiring (which also hasn't changed)

2 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Truth be told, we have zero idea what the article truly means other than taking it at face value:  70 employees are getting the axe, a Seattle office is being shut down, and TT has stated PD will continue to provide support.  And, as I stated earlier, PD is the publisher, not the developer.  So take that however you want it.

I'm just honestly waiting. I won't know how to take it until Intercept makes a statement about development.

Hopium going hard, am I right?

1 minute ago, NexusHelium said:

I'm just honestly waiting. I won't know how to take it until Intercept makes a statement about development.

Hopium going hard, am I right?

Aye aye :(

2 minutes ago, NexusHelium said:

Hopium going hard

Quite possibly... while it's working, you're probably feeling pretty good, but if/when your gets irrevocably destroyed, it risks hitting harder :/

11 minutes ago, Flush Foot said:

but if/when your gets irrevocably destroyed, it risks hitting harder :/

Let's just go with "if" for now :|

And just so you know. If I could, I would totally change my display name to NexusHopium ;)

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

Where are y'all @Nate Simpson @Dakota @Nerdy_Mike?

Please, just tell us what's going on. Give it to us straight, no games. :(

The fact they are radio-silent is all the proof anyone should need that this is official. its 8:45am in Seattle. They have had time to respond if they had a response.

Lol, watch the reply be: "We didn't want to tell you the studio was closing until we knew for sure. We knew you guys would be upset if we told you it was closing, then we stayed open...We want to manage expectations around here." :P

Edited by Meecrob

Just now, Meecrob said:

The fact they are radio-silent is all the proof anyone should need that this is official. its 8:45am in Seattle. They have had time to respond if they had a response.

Lol, watch the reply be: "We didn't want to tell you the studio was closing until we knew for sure. We knew you guys would be upset if we told you it was closing, then we stayed open...We want to manage expectations around here."

Dakota is now 'Online' (a short while ago, he was 'Last visited: 7 hours ago')

So is Nestor [title of: Producer]

Slight correction... hover-over on Staff page says "Online" for them both, but clicking into their profiles shows "x minutes ago"

7 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

Lol, watch the reply be: "We didn't want to tell you the studio was closing until we knew for sure. We knew you guys would be upset if we told you it was closing, then we stayed open...We want to manage expectations around here." :P

I mean, what time do the doors even open? 

plus you’re going to need an internal meeting before replying to the community. 

chill

Posted (edited)

[snip]

Everyone that is preset, is quite hurt / upset in some capacity. I am quite floored as I wait for more word on what "support" will entail.

We may think the time for patience is past, but it is more important than ever that we maintain civility among one another.

Those I individuals you pinged will have a great deal of beaucratic BS to navigate before offical statements can be made.

Think of "chill" as :

"There is a realistic (minimum) expectation for response. Due to the nature of corporate structure, this is unavoidable. Do not get your hopes up waiting on said response this early"

Edited by Vanamonde

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

I wouldn't be surprised lol. Intercept works in mysterious and wonderful ways :) 

15 minutes ago, Fizzlebop Smith said:

"There is a realistic (minimum) expectation for response. Due to the nature of corporate structure, this is unavoidable. Do not get your hopes up waiting on said response this early"

Perfect response. If no other times, this is the one time we need to let Intercept figure out whatever there is to say (whether it be really bad news or only kinda bad news) and not push on them for a response.

I can imagine this is also a pretty confusing time for them.

Edited by NexusHelium

35 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

Eh 8:45am is still early. Wouldn't surprise me if they're still hashing things out internally. I do think it's a reasonable assumption that if things turn out to be okay, we'll definitely hear something today in the next few hours because the CMs would want to put out fires ASAP. No official confirmation one way or another by end of day would only suggest bad news...

4 minutes ago, NexusHelium said:

I wouldn't be surprised lol. Intercept works in mysterious and wonderful ways :) 

Perfect response. If no other times, this is the one time we need to let Intercept figure out whatever there is to say (whether it be really bad news or only kinda bad news) and not push on them for a response.

I can imagine this is also a pretty confusing time for them.

Aye, they're right there with us. Dragged down by corporate nonsense.

42 minutes ago, Icegrx said:

I mean, what time do the doors even open? 

I was under the impression that the offices opened at 10am PDT...but that may just be a by-product of them always releasing stuff at that time?

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

I was under the impression that the offices opened at 10am PDT...but that may just be a by-product of them always releasing stuff at that time?

Well if that's the case the work day started literally 30 minutes ago.

Edited by NexusHelium

They haven't responded yet. If the news was "nah fam, everthing's fine, no worries" they would have said so.

The persistence with which some people insist on clinging to hope despite all evidence to the contrary is genuinely shocking. This is the kind of behavior which sees broken cash grab games keep going into early access as a dumping ground. This kind of thinking keeps that a valid business strategy.

5 minutes ago, TLTay said:

They haven't responded yet.

The problem for Take Two is that they are in a position whereby anything they do is doomed.  There are only 4 scenarios that play out for them this morning.

Scenario 1
Take Two comes out with an announcement indicating that yes, the studio is closing, but they are going to continue development under a new studio.  So sorry that this had to happen, and right after we gave Nate the green-light to talk about an upcoming patch, but we're truly sorry and we promise things will be better from here on out.  The community will respond with varying levels of "you went through this with Star Theory" and "you have continuously delayed this game" and they'll raise pitchforks and burn TT's buildings to the ground.

Scenario 2
Take Two comes out and completely dismisses the rumors and stories, indicating that things are just fine and there is nothing to worry about.  So sorry about the misinformation, and right after we gave Nate the green-light to talk about an upcoming patch, but we're truly sorry and we promise that this will not impact KSP2 in any capacity.  The community will respond with varying levels of "we've been asking for more communication" and "you have lied to us in the past" and they'll raise pitchforks and burn TT's buildings to the ground.

Scenario 3
Take Two comes out and flat admits the project is canceled.  So sorry this had to happen, and right after we gave Nate the green-light to talk about an upcoming patch, but we're truly sorry to anyone who purchased the game.  The community will respond with varying levels of "we told you this would happen" and "you made all these promises" and they'll raise pitchforks and burn TT's buildings to the ground.

Scenario 4
Take Two says and does nothing.  No explanations, no messages, no communication.  The community will respond with varying levels of "why aren't you telling us what's going on" and "we just know it's canceled so rip off the band-aid" and they'll raise pitchforks and burn TT's buildings to the ground.

There is nothing that Take Two can do in the immediate future - today, tomorrow, perhaps the coming weeks? - that will ease tensions and make this all right.  Unfortunate for them, and unfortunate for the community.

8 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

The problem for Take Two is that they are in a position whereby anything they do is doomed.  There are only 4 scenarios that play out for them this morning.

Scenario 1
Take Two comes out with an announcement indicating that yes, the studio is closing, but they are going to continue development under a new studio.  So sorry that this had to happen, and right after we gave Nate the green-light to talk about an upcoming patch, but we're truly sorry and we promise things will be better from here on out.  The community will respond with varying levels of "you went through this with Star Theory" and "you have continuously delayed this game" and they'll raise pitchforks and burn TT's buildings to the ground.

Scenario 2
Take Two comes out and completely dismisses the rumors and stories, indicating that things are just fine and there is nothing to worry about.  So sorry about the misinformation, and right after we gave Nate the green-light to talk about an upcoming patch, but we're truly sorry and we promise that this will not impact KSP2 in any capacity.  The community will respond with varying levels of "we've been asking for more communication" and "you have lied to us in the past" and they'll raise pitchforks and burn TT's buildings to the ground.

Scenario 3
Take Two comes out and flat admits the project is canceled.  So sorry this had to happen, and right after we gave Nate the green-light to talk about an upcoming patch, but we're truly sorry to anyone who purchased the game.  The community will respond with varying levels of "we told you this would happen" and "you made all these promises" and they'll raise pitchforks and burn TT's buildings to the ground.

Scenario 4
Take Two says and does nothing.  No explanations, no messages, no communication.  The community will respond with varying levels of "why aren't you telling us what's going on" and "we just know it's canceled so rip off the band-aid" and they'll raise pitchforks and burn TT's buildings to the ground.

There is nothing that Take Two can do in the immediate future - today, tomorrow, perhaps the coming weeks? - that will ease tensions and make this all right.  Unfortunate for them, and unfortunate for the community.

Hmm, seems like all roads lead to Dorado.

kiss-cut-stickers-5.5x5.5-default-60e765

5 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Scenario 1

Scenario 2

Scenario 3

Scenario 4

I'm guessing the following:

A 1.0 patch and people will "get to keep the game they paid for."

"Support" will continue, but development will not. 

A small advertising push selling the public that KSP2 is "out of early access" to try to sell more copies.

The "1.0" will continue to be sold, with a small chance of a console port.

43 minutes ago, TLTay said:

The persistence with which some people insist on clinging to hope despite all evidence to the contrary is genuinely shocking.

The persistence with which some people insist on the game being shut down despite any official statement confirming such is genuinely shocking. 

I know you’re here for the sensationalism and the “AHA! I told you so” factor, but you seem like you genuinely WANT the project shut down. 

“70 employees in Seattle, T2 is the only office there!” 
is not official confirmation. I know you like to sound like you know the exact composition of these teams, how it all works internally etc, but no where is there confirmation. There can easily be un announced projects and early teams working on them in Seattle besides KSP2

yes, it sounds bad and I’m not feeling good about it, but you cannot claim the game is stopping at this point quite yet.