KSP2 Release Notes - Update v0.1.2.0

Intercept Games

5 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

Bugfixes are not that impressive considering they are not supposed to be in the game to begin with. Its kinda like if I pooped my pants, and then cleaned it afterwards. You'd probably think "yeah, you might want to do that"

Yeah, because there is a game that has no bugs. Wait... which one is it? i'd like to know

Seriously? Obviously no games have zero bugs.

When they make you pay money for a game that doesn't work properly, its assumed fixes will be made. I don't think its above and beyond the scope of a game developer to un-screw the game they charge money for.

1 hour ago, Meecrob said:

Bugfixes are not that impressive considering they are not supposed to be in the game to begin with. Its kinda like if I pooped my pants, and then cleaned it afterwards. You'd probably think "yeah, you might want to do that"

That’s a great analogy: a game in Early Access is in its infancy.  Which is why you getting upset if they    occasionally poop their pants and can’t practice medicine yet is kinda silly.

I'm not getting upset. I get that its EA. I don't want to re-hash the arguments about it. I simply do not get why people are praising them for cleaning the crap out of their pants...I thought that they should do this, no? They are cleaning up their mess and I hope its an awesome game at the end. Now, its not. I very much appreciate that the devs are fixing it. I don't think that selling a broken game, then fixing it deserves praise.

Edit: Practice medicine? Sorry, I don't get how you came to that conclusion. I never mentioned that they should do that. I just want a game that works. I get it will take time to get KSP2 to that point, I'm merely saying that they sold us on a game, and its half that right now...making it 5/8ths a game is good, but its not a full game yet.

P.S. devs: take your time, I'm not complaining about the timeliness of anything...just make a good game, like we all know you can. We will be here.

Edited by Meecrob

20 hours ago, RaBDawG said:

The minimal amount of actual game breaking and performance fixes

I can only guess you maybe didn't play the 0.1.0 release as it was riddled with serious game-breaking bugs.  There were far fewer serious bugs in 0.1.1 and 0.1.2 appears to have squashed most of the remaining game-breakers.

Rendering performance on/near a planet is still really, really poor, unfortunately.  I don't think there's going to be much progress on that particular front until Intercept moves away from PQS, which may be months away.

2 minutes ago, Chilkoot said:

unfortunately.  I don't think there's going to be much progress on that particular front until Intercept moves away from PQS, which may be months away.

This is what I was trying to get at. Its great they are fixing things, don't get me wrong, but its a long road to 1.0

19 hours ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Actually, the number of game-breaking bugs and performance fixes that have been addressed in the last 2 patches is quite staggering.  Especially the performance fixes in the last patch; users are reporting that their FPS has gone up and the game has become playable and smooth for them.  So where you got this from I don't know.  Other than perhaps simply not playing the game and just trolling?

Lol - the first 2 minutes begs to differ - 

40 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

I'm not getting upset. I get that its EA. I don't want to re-hash the arguments about it. I simply do not get why people are praising them for cleaning the crap out of their pants...I thought that they should do this, no? They are cleaning up their mess and I hope its an awesome game at the end. Now, its not. I very much appreciate that the devs are fixing it. I don't think that selling a broken game, then fixing it deserves praise.

Edit: Practice medicine? Sorry, I don't get how you came to that conclusion. I never mentioned that they should do that. I just want a game that works. I get it will take time to get KSP2 to that point, I'm merely saying that they sold us on a game, and its half that right now...making it 5/8ths a game is good, but its not a full game yet.

P.S. devs: take your time, I'm not complaining about the timeliness of anything...just make a good game, like we all know you can. We will be here.

EXACTLY

Hello Devs: Thank you for your video game and the two patches that followed it. However...

I can't play it. GRRR. And not just me, lots of people. I can't get past "Loading KSP2 Missions". Please fix. The screenshots are tantalyzing.

Fix please!

26 minutes ago, Dantheollie said:

He's running an RTX 4090 and getting that framerate? I run an RTX 3050Ti and I have much, much better performance than him.

This game has to have some eldritch curse on it, how can it be so inconsistent between systems?

Yeah, I don't get it, either. I'm on a 7900 XTX at 5120x1440 High (so, ostensibly, I should be getting slightly worse FPS than he is) and, on the pad, I get 30-50 FPS and, at launch, 25-35. I don't know how much it would help performance but I wonder if he's remembered to, for example, enable resizable BAR in the BIOS, or has some other obscure setting tweaked incorrectly.

41 minutes ago, Dantheollie said:

He's running an RTX 4090 and getting that framerate? I run an RTX 3050Ti and I have much, much better performance than him.

This game has to have some eldritch curse on it, how can it be so inconsistent between systems?

It can be background tasks, heat, or something else setup wise that's tanking the performance. 

8 hours ago, cocoscacao said:

Point being, if KSP1 could do it, this one should too.

Why? Have they ever said that every single KSP1 feature would be in KSP2? I don't remember them saying that.

1 hour ago, Dantheollie said:

Could be a difference in output resolution as well.  I didn't watch the video, but if he's recording while he's benchmarking that will have an impact - and potentially a very significant one if he's doing something stupid like software-based encoding.

Edited by Chilkoot

52 minutes ago, whatsEJstandfor said:

I should be getting slightly worse FPS than he is) and, on the pad, I get 30-50 FPS and, at launch, 25-35.

Its 2023. These FPS are abysmal. I get that KSP takes math to run and that isn't the optimal regime for a processor, but like c'mon. I can play other games at 100 FPS with the same computer. Maybe I'm wrong, but a game that starts on a low FPS because you have to launch, isn't ready for the big leagues yet.

13 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

Its 2023. These FPS are abysmal. I get that KSP takes math to run and that isn't the optimal regime for a processor, but like c'mon. I can play other games at 100 FPS with the same computer. Maybe I'm wrong, but a game that starts on a low FPS because you have to launch, isn't ready for the big leagues yet.

I can play ksp 2 with 100 fp- *gets shot*

Yes, they  are updating...just like any project that released, an incomplete product should be updated. I still don't get why making a crap product into a less crap product deserves praise. There is no timeline, and no rhyme or reason to the bugs they fix. That is their prerogative, and it is my prerogative to think that despite how hard it is to patch, and despite how hard it is with pressure from PD/T2, the game still kinda sucks.

The big league is also not shining FPS now, redfall recently surprised many fans. But KSP2, apart from graphics updated to the level of 2010, does not offer anything to players, and after all, each of us has KSP1. The problem could be solved with mods, but apparently T2 has something against mods. For example, in the DSP, I was very annoyed by the need to aim guns at new orbits, however, a small mod included auto-targeting and greatly facilitated my work. The developers seem to have not fixed this problem, but I dealt with it a long time ago.

[snip]

Edited by Starhawk
Redacted by moderator

1 minute ago, Little 908 said:

I can play ksp 2 with 100 fp- *gets shot*

Looking at the launch site? I mean, I'm happy for you, enjoy the performance, but many people are not able to.  Its not a realistic purchase point. Just like a Ferrari or Lamborghini is not realistic to most people. I bet they both have the same bugs as KSP2 also.

1 minute ago, Meecrob said:

Looking at the launch site? I mean, I'm happy for you, enjoy the performance, but many people are not able to.  Its not a realistic purchase point. Just like a Ferrari or Lamborghini is not realistic to most people. I bet they both have the same bugs as KSP2 also.

No, in the vab, but its on high settings, I don’t have a 4090 either. But atlest I can explore the vab at 100 fps on high settings.

Edited by Little 908

4 hours ago, Meecrob said:

Because I like game and game being made better is good so I will compliment them for making the game better, there's no complicated philosophy here, they're doing a good thing so I will praise them for it

17 hours ago, Strawberry said:

Because I like game and game being made better is good so I will compliment them for making the game better, there's no complicated philosophy here, they're doing a good thing so I will praise them for it

I guess I'm getting at the fact that the dollar value is inconsistent with the experience. I get that more people than me have excess disposable income to spend on things like this, and don't mind.

[snip]

The audience has spoken and its a general consensus that this is cool for a demo, but its not a full game. Correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by Starhawk
Redacted by moderator