Mohopeful

Nate Simpson

45 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

Don't know about Intercept, but Private Division, who they work for, are a rebrand of Uber games, who are responsible for Planetary Annihilation, P.A. Titans and Human resources. They "know" about EA and they know how to milk kickstarters and run.  Have fun.

I thought I was on the wrong thread for a bit, as that was disproven to you in great detail like a day or two ago.
If you can't be bothered to accept the truth don't expect it from others. Yeesh.

Just now, PDCWolf said:

Don't know about Intercept, but Private Division, who they work for, are a rebrand of Uber games, who are responsible for Planetary Annihilation, P.A. Titans and Human resources. They "know" about EA and they know how to milk kickstarters and run.  Have fun.

Few things here that are wrong, private division was around before the Star theory closure ksp2 debacle. They're a publisher (who was the publisher of ksp2 since the beginning among many other games such as outer worlds and hades) who has really no relation to Uber/Star theory in terms of employees and things like that. When star theory got booted from controlling ksp2, ksp2's development was given to a subsidiary of private division, which is intercept games. From what we know from what cms have said on discord, intercept games and private division are very close, the Seattle office they made a youtube video about is also a private division office. All of the upper management from star theory with the exception of the studio manager (who has since moved on) were gone from ksp2's development after intercept took over, and upper management's responsibility falls mostly on private division. 

Some people were offered jobs at intercept games when this happened, the bulk of people that came from star theory to intercept were your designers, artists, etc. While we of course, do not know who they offered jobs too and who denied those jobs, considering that a far higher percentage of designers, artists, etc. came to intercept games compared to your producers and engineers, I think it's safe to assume the vast bulk of job requests went to the former group. With all this being said, with only 14 people from star theory being moved to intercept (whose current team working on ksp2 is around 50), with nearly all of upper management and most of the people directly responsible for the technical side of the game gone, I think Intercept is quite more then a rebrand of KSP2. 

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

I thought I was on the wrong thread for a bit, as that was disproven to you in great detail like a day or two ago.
If you can't be bothered to accept the truth don't expect it from others. Yeesh.

My man you must've imagined that, I just checked all my quoted messages again and see nothing of the sort. I first mentioned this topic here. No one quoted, no one replied. I then mentioned it again on this thread and once again, no quotes. After that, all mentions are in this thread and you're the only one to quote it.

I urge you to link me the post you mention.

1 hour ago, Strawberry said:

before the Star theory

I'm not with the time in my hands right now (maybe in a couple hours) to search for employee lists, but Nate was in common on all 3, for starters, and that's more than enough.

Edit: Here's a pre-emptive list. Mind you I'm meshing Uber and ST as that was pretty much a direct name change. The adoption from St into Intercept goes much deeper than "some artists and designers". Also checking these lists, the amount of people that either were fired or moved on (no way to know from linkedin) is enormous. Most of the current credits in the game are people that aren't working on KSP2 anymore.

Nate Simpson - Was on Uber/ST

Nate Robinson - Was on Uber/ST

Shana Markham - Was on Uber/ST

Tom Vinita - Was on Uber/ST

Matthew Cech - Was on Uber/ST

Brian Bander - Was on Uber/ST

Rafael Calonzo - Was on Uber/ST

Jeremy Ables - Was on Uber/ST

Matthew Reynolds - Was on Uber/ST

Steve Snoey - Was on Uber/ST

Brandon Orden - Was on Uber/ST

Johnatan Ciloetti - Was on Uber/ST

Paul Z. - Was on Uber/ST

Jeremy Gumber - Was on Uber/ST

Johannes Peter - Was on Uber/ST

Edited by PDCWolf

49 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Few things here that are wrong, private division was around before the Star theory closure ksp2 debacle. They're a publisher (who was the publisher of ksp2 since the beginning among many other games such as outer worlds and hades) who has really no relation to Uber/Star theory in terms of employees and things like that. When star theory got booted from controlling ksp2, ksp2's development was given to a subsidiary of private division, which is intercept games. From what we know from what cms have said on discord, intercept games and private division are very close, the Seattle office they made a youtube video about is also a private division office. All of the upper management from star theory with the exception of the studio manager (who has since moved on) were gone from ksp2's development after intercept took over, and upper management's responsibility falls mostly on private division. 

Some people were offered jobs at intercept games when this happened, the bulk of people that came from star theory to intercept were your designers, artists, etc. While we of course, do not know who they offered jobs too and who denied those jobs, considering that a far higher percentage of designers, artists, etc. came to intercept games compared to your producers and engineers, I think it's safe to assume the vast bulk of job requests went to the former group. With all this being said, with only 14 people from star theory being moved to intercept (whose current team working on ksp2 is around 50), with nearly all of upper management and most of the people directly responsible for the technical side of the game gone, I think Intercept is quite more then a rebrand of KSP2. 

This matches up with the results we see before us:

A lot of excellent art and visual design and a shortfall of astute physics engine engineering and apparently poor modular code scoping and structuring.  So strong visual skin and marketing presentation, but weak in the bones.  

It might behoove management to bring in more people with not just core code engineering experience, but specifically those with deep KSP1 understanding.

Maybe Elon Musk will make an offer to acquire the KSP franchise in the interest of maintaining the great space exploration inspiration that KSP has been known for.  It couldn't hurt at this point.  Better than it being cancelled for lack of ROI

Edited by darthgently

I think overall, it is safe to say that its kinda not cool to say there will be an update on the progress last week, and the update is "we are working on it for next month"

The point was made that they don't want to give false expectations. They already gave us false expectations. And by now giving us no expectations, they are not giving a reason to be excited for the patch. As of right now, I know we might be getting gridfins and we might be getting some bugfixes. Which ones? I guess we will find out.

I am the opposite of hyped.

Edited by Meecrob

26 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

I'm not with the time in my hands right now (maybe in a couple hours) to search for employee lists, but Nate was in common on all 3, for starters, and that's more than enough.

Just because Nate is the pr guy does not mean he is the person who all blame can be shoved upon. When it comes to the technical implementation of the game (which is easily the area of which the game is lacking the most), Nate isn't involved too much there. Nate's job is the creative director, this means he manages the overarching creative direction of the game, stuff like does this type of engine fit the game or do the tutorials serve as a good introduction to ksp2. While of course, this job does mingle with engineers, and can definitely dictate what gets implemented, it's not really his field to put his foot down and say "this is the order you will implement it and this is how". This of course doesn't mean that Nate simpson is a blameless angel who has had no effect on the course of the game, but it is to say with how the state of the game is (immensely poor on the technical side), Nate Simpson very likely isn't all that relevant here. With how disappointing launch was it can be very tempting to put a face to it and go "Its them! They made the launch bad!", but this approach is rarely productive or accurate. 

13 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

Just because Nate is the pr guy does not mean he is the person who all blame can be shoved upon.

Who else do we express our grievances to? If they had an actual PR person instead of making the creative director be PR, then this would have been avoided.

Edited by Meecrob

36 minutes ago, Meecrob said:

Who else do we express our grievances to? If they had an actual PR person instead of making the creative director be PR, then this would have been avoided.

Uh, the Community Managers? lol

1 hour ago, MechBFP said:

Uh, the Community Managers? lol

Ok, I'm sorry, I should have included the CMs as well. This does not change what I was getting at. This is the official board for the game...where else do we say what we think is not cool with the game? If they had an actual PR person, they would be able to handle this.

Edit: I don't want to sound like a jerk, I just mean that bigger mistakes have been made and have been handled gracefully...I don't get why there is no investment in a PR person if they are in it for the long haul.

Also, the community managers kinda like just say the same nothings...no offense. Like I get why they can't say anything, thats why I left them out of it.

Edited by Meecrob

That's it boys, hold the line.

104 players was the low. 2 more than yesterday.

The 24 hour peak player count was down 50 people though.

320 down from 370 the day before, for peak player count.

Edited by uglyduckling81

7 hours ago, Meecrob said:

it is safe to say that its kinda not cool to say there will be an update on the progress last week,

!Wrong.

They said there may be an update, if you actually tried to read that. So

7 hours ago, Meecrob said:

They already gave us false expectations

They didn't.

2 hours ago, uglyduckling81 said:

That's it boys, hold the line.

104 players was the low. 2 more than yesterday.

The 24 hour peak player count was down 50 people though.

320 down from 370 the day before, for peak player count.

Really nobody cares anymore. Because it doesn't matter.

@The Aziz"may be an update"

Yeah, thats my point, they said whatever they did, then last Friday, they said "yeah, we will update you later"

Feel free to correct me with the actual events...my point is that it is lame to say they will give an update, and then the update is to say they will give an update later.

Its lame. And does not inspire confidence.

Edited by Meecrob

55 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

!Wrong.

They said there may be an update, if you actually tried to read that. So

They didn't.

Really nobody cares anymore. Because it doesn't matter.

I do. I find it interesting that the sequel to a game so insanely popular is almost down to double digit player counts shortly after launch.

1 hour ago, Meecrob said:

my point is that it is lame to say they will give an update

I mean... You can refer back to my previous post. They didn't say they will. They hoped to give one, but, surprise surprise, typical thing in development, they didn't have one at hand at the moment. So they gave us what they had, an approximate time frame.

10 minutes ago, uglyduckling81 said:

I do. I find it interesting that the sequel to a game so insanely popular is almost down to double digit player counts shortly after launch.

yeah maybe but it's not the only one. Should I once again point at another sequel to insanely popular game that's currently in early access that has low player numbers, despite having good positive review percentage?

Edited by The Aziz

Ok, look, I don't wanna argue. You think the game is good? Cool. I don't. Allow me to say why I don't think it is cool, please?

Edited by Meecrob

9 hours ago, PDCWolf said:

Here's a pre-emptive list. Mind you I'm meshing Uber and ST as that was pretty much a direct name change. The adoption from St into Intercept goes much deeper than "some artists and designers". Also checking these lists, the amount of people that either were fired or moved on (no way to know from linkedin) is enormous. Most of the current credits in the game are people that aren't working on KSP2 anymore.

Nate Robinson - Was on Uber/ST

Matthew Cech - Was on Uber/ST

Brian Bander - Was on Uber/ST

Rafael Calonzo - Was on Uber/ST

Matthew Reynolds - Was on Uber/ST

Steve Snoey - Was on Uber/ST

Johnatan Ciloetti - Was on Uber/ST

Paul Z. - Was on Uber/ST

Jeremy Gumber - Was on Uber/ST

Johannes Peter - Was on Uber/ST

I don't think it's fair to compare the Uber Entertainment period to the Star Theory period, in fact from your list, those are the only one that were at Uber Entertainment:

We had quite a discussion about this:

But in summary what Intercept Games is today and what Uber Entertainment was then have little in common. The move from Star Theory also surely disrupted things, especially in the management.

Beside, Private Division isn't a rebrand of Uber Entertainment, Star Theory was.

Edited by Spicat

12 minutes ago, Spicat said:

I don't think it's fair to compare the Uber Entertainment period to the Star Theory period, in fact from your list, those are the only one that were at Uber Entertainment:

But in summary what Intercept Games is today and what Uber Entertainment was then have little in common. The move from Star Theory also surely disrupted things, especially in the management.

Beside, Private Division isn't a rebrand of Uber Entertainment, Star Theory was.

Not just during the merge. They just fired their technical lead on the project after this disastrous launch.

Along with 3 or 4 other managers.

The whole company sounds like a complete rock show.

The best thing for KSP2 at this point would be to unlaunch it and for Take-Two to give it to a developer with a decent track record.

Looking at their internal teams and the games they make I don't see much talent, so they would need to hire an 3rd party dev studio.

Give them 3 years with the game and see if they could work some magic with the game. Get it to at least KSP1 standards.

Or just release the game basically open source and let the community fix it for them.

14 minutes ago, uglyduckling81 said:

Have you a source for that? I only heard about one guy being out, the technical lead and that since then there have been quite a few hires, people that look like they know what they are doing.

Edited by Spicat

8 minutes ago, Spicat said:

Have you a source for that? I only heard about one guy being out, the technical lead and that since then there have been quite a few hires, people that look like they know what they are doing.

It was mentioned in some videos a month or two back. Could be BS. I think it was info gained from that awful resume website, where all this type of info comes from.

1 hour ago, uglyduckling81 said:

Not just during the merge. They just fired their technical lead on the project after this disastrous launch.

The whole company sounds like a complete rock show.

The best thing for KSP2 at this point would be to unlaunch it and for Take-Two to give it to a developer with a decent track record.

Looking at their internal teams and the games they make I don't see much talent, so they would need to hire an 3rd party dev studio.

Give them 3 years with the game and see if they could work some magic with the game. Get it to at least KSP1 standards.

Or just release the game basically open source and let the community fix it for them.

I've been avoiding posting because I needed to calm down over the divide with the game.  But now that I am less upset, I would like to respond to this.

I can't say for sure whether or not rescinding the launch and farming development out to yet another studio is the right move.  But I would ask what happens to those of us who did not get a refund if this were to happen.  Take Two surely wouldn't want to lose money by refunding us now, and I'd be surprised if they guaranteed we wouldn't have to pay for the game a second time (provided we could prove we paid and didn't refund several years from now).

This would be one slippery slope for the company to navigate.

Edited by Scarecrow71

10 hours ago, PDCWolf said:

Edit: Here's a pre-emptive list. Mind you I'm meshing Uber and ST as that was pretty much a direct name change. The adoption from St into Intercept goes much deeper than "some artists and designers". Also checking these lists, the amount of people that either were fired or moved on (no way to know from linkedin) is enormous. Most of the current credits in the game are people that aren't working on KSP2 anymore.

snip

I mean yes 14 people got brought over as mentioned, most of those were your artists, engineers and designers. The only directors for ksp2 under intercept that came from uber are the creative and design directors. These people don't really implement code of the game, they just go hey uses these cool models and this is what you should be implementing. Out of all the engineers, only around a third came over from ST to intercept, and out of all your producers only one out of four came over from ST. As said previously as well, nearly all upper management (for clarification defining it here as people who work for the game, but dont work directly on it), were gone from the beginning of intercept. None of what you have said has contradicted what I've been saying. While yes, some employees came over, when it comes to implementation of the technical side of things and upper management, these are radically different companies. 

56 minutes ago, uglyduckling81 said:

Good news! Take two has already halted development and has given it to another company. That's what intercept games is.

13 hours ago, darthgently said:

Maybe Elon Musk will make an offer to acquire the KSP franchise in the interest of maintaining the great space exploration inspiration that KSP has been known for.  It couldn't hurt at this point.  Better than it being cancelled for lack of ROI

Hopefully Musk won't do this. The recent development at twitter doesn't look like a good way to do engineering or buisness

4 hours ago, Spicat said:

[snip]

[snip]

I guess that's the discussion I was told I was "disproved" in. Not only was that a complete hallucination, but it turns out the managers are indeed the same. Now, this might be more a matter of opinion, but having the same managers would affect the product more than keeping the same developers. The people that make the choices are still more or less the same, and have jumped 3 studios already, which is funny because it means it was them managing whatever mess Star Theory made, which also means there's a huge conflict of interest in them saying they were able to continue the development from Star Theory, of course they'd allegedly had no issue, wouldn't talk bad about yourself would you?

It might have very little in common when you compare the total roster of employees, but managers and leads are still the same.

PA became a hot mess when they took all the stuff the community wanted and put it in PA Titans and double dipped their customers for the features they wanted. HR was a straight up Kickstarter scam, and the people in charge is the same, yet I should be not alarmed because the people they managed were the ones replaced... yeah no.