[1.12.x] ZTheme v1.1.3 - A dark theme for KSP (2024-02-27)

zapsnh

cpfp.png
I'm looking for ideas, for the Career icon. I thought that using the helmet to display a growth symbol idea would be a good idea but I am not that convinced about the result.

I had another idea though, making a sort of vitrivius kerbalish drawing... However with such small arms and legs  it sounds very difficult to achieve.

3 minutes ago, OnlyLightMatters said:

cpfp.png
I'm looking for ideas, for the Career icon. I thought that using the helmet to display a growth symbol idea would be a good idea but I am not that convinced about the result.

I had another idea though, making a sort of vitrivius kerbalish drawing... However with such small arms and legs  it sounds very difficult to achieve.

lolol.png?raw=true

Here are the old ones I didn't use since I don't know where the icons came from or their licensing.
(low res cause something about fair use or something)

3 minutes ago, LucalisIndustries said:

i meant for the hud around the nav ball

What do you not like? If you're talking about the RCS/SAS icons I don't think I can change them without some ideas (and help).

Can anyone with the Steam icon in the VAB see if this texture looks weird?

image.png?raw=true
It should look like this (no overlap, sizing issues, or anything).
Here's the texture:

steamButton.png
steamButton.png
Place it in the `vab` folder.

Really love the new DarkRed for the PAW :)

BTW, it looks like you might've used the wrong button texture for the red one. it's slightly left'ish (which matches the top two ones mouse hover) unless ofcourse this was intended.

bs4kiy5.png

Edit: One more thing, looks like the tumbler background color is the same as the numbers in 0.9.5, making it unreadable :D 

Edited by UltraJohn

3 hours ago, UltraJohn said:

BTW, it looks like you might've used the wrong button texture for the red one. it's slightly left'ish (which matches the top two ones mouse hover) unless ofcourse this was intended.

bs4kiy5.png

I did notice that a few times but I don't exactly know how/why it sometimes gets misaligned. If you check other screenshots then it's actually aligned sometimes and there were no changes to the button ActionGroupButtonBrakes.png since v0.9.0.

--

The screenshot also looks like the worst one yet! Usually it's half a pixel off but that looks like a whole pixel!

3 hours ago, UltraJohn said:

Edit: One more thing, looks like the tumbler background color is the same as the numbers in 0.9.5, making it unreadable :D 

Whoops! I forgot to include the darker altimeter background in the release (it has been two days since the release :grimacing:) v0.9.6 should be up now.

Edited by zapsnh

19 minutes ago, zapsnh said:

I did notice that a few times but I don't exactly know how/why it sometimes gets misaligned. If you check other screenshots then it's actually aligned sometimes and there were no changes to the button ActionGroupButtonBrakes.png since v0.9.0.

I wonder if KSP's automatic UI scaling is to blame... But yeah if you hover the mouse over the top two buttons, they move a pixel to the left and then it looks correct. perhaps try moving the red one's default state a pixel to the right and see if that does anything?

7 minutes ago, UltraJohn said:

Perhaps try moving the red one's default state a pixel to the right and see if that does anything?

If you look at the brakes texture I actually can't move it to the right since it's right against the right border of the image. I also can't move just the left textures further to the right since it's out of the quadrant and it'll start to show up in the over state/quadrant.

38 minutes ago, zapsnh said:

If you look at the brakes texture I actually can't move it to the right since it's right against the right border of the image. I also can't move just the left textures further to the right since it's out of the quadrant and it'll start to show up in the over state/quadrant.

I assume they are all the same width inside the texture right? (not file size) What if you reduce the width of the red button?

Edit:

Actually maybe that's just how the original hud is.. It's hard to tell but it kinda looks like it's not all perfectly aligned, since the bottom texture is a diagonal one.

Edited by UltraJohn

16 minutes ago, UltraJohn said:

I assume they are all the same width inside the texture right? (not file size) What if you reduce the width of the red button?

Reducing the width wouldn't do much to align the brakes since the quadrants (normal/over/active/disabled) are fixed and I can't move them. I'd probably have to move the light and brake buttons instead.

22 hours ago, UltraJohn said:

But I'd like to see if it's possible to move hud elements as well, which could be a potential solution.

It's definitely possible (reddit comment)
most of reddit is going dark (including KSP) but you only need the images to see that you can change the ui so here's the other one
image.pngimage.png

by u/precision1998 (apparently account is nsfw)

Edited by zapsnh

13 minutes ago, UltraJohn said:

Are those VAB buttons not in 0.9.7?

The new VAB buttons are in https://github.com/zapSNH/ZTheme/pull/3. This release does not include them. I just copy-pasted the icons forgot to remove them when taking the screenshot.

(by the power of editing the screenshot has now been fixed)

Edited by zapsnh

Hey thanks for the mention for the NavBall texture.

Feel free to include it in ZTheme if you like, or if you'd like me to make any changes I'd be happy to.  (Think i have the PSD around somewhere) 

• 4 weeks later...