KSP2 EA now on sale for 20% off?!....

DrDrizzyT

3 minutes ago, moeggz said:

You are allowed to your opinion...

Just now, Scarecrow71 said:

We are entitled to our opinion, just like you are entitled to yours.

I have my opinion, and I am expressing it.

Calling it an insult, offensive, or a slap in the face is overreacting.  It's a company doing business, nothing more or less.

And this time you were able to voice your opinion without condensation.

My response is that yes this is a business decision but one that shows the game is in trouble. And that I made a bad decision when I “invested” in early access by buying and not returning.

15 minutes ago, Buzz313th said:

Not a single effort being made by the Devs or the Publishing company has had a positive impact on the reputation of the product, as a matter of fact, each effort (Patches, press releases etc..) has had a negative effect.  This can only go on for so long.

A cursory glance at the patch notes tells me that there are in fact, many people happy with this patch. I think its just that people have a natural inclination towards how people react to things (both positive or negative). Personally, I always thought the price was too much, so to see people being able to get the price for a lower amount is nice. Sure if i waited I could’ve gotten the game for less, but thats the case for basically every game, I knew full well that I was spending 50 bucks and i was fine with that. 

For the context of this thread, the want for a sale isnt a new thing that came out of nowhere. I read this much more as something planned in advance instead of spur of the moment panic. See:

IMG_4023.png
IMG_4022.png

8 minutes ago, razark said:

My gods!  $10 off a game!

I have never been so insulted in my entire life!  This is the worst thing that could ever possibly have happened!  It's not right and fair and moral and nice and whatever else that other people are getting to have no fun playing this broken game for a lower price than I paid!  This is worse than that time I stubbed my toe!

I received the game as a birthday gift, so it's not even about the money for me. It's the image it portrays. The launch of the game has been an unmitigated disaster and this is just taking a big steaming dump on those that stuck with them from the start.

I tried patch 3 today. It sucks. I've uninstalled and requested a refund. I doubt I'll get it, but either way I'm finished with this joke.

Fair enough. Now that i see even mods liking sarcastic and condescending replies saying it’s unreasonable to be upset and being charged extra for the game I’m done. Will try to return the game tonight and if I can’t delete it and get off the internet. 

This team is no longer worthy of trust to deliver a finished product or respect their customers.

Most of the people here have the arguments down already. I just have to say I have never felt like I’ve been slapped in the face this hard before. Don’t get me wrong, I couldn’t refund because I went over the two hour limit, but I sure as hell tried. But now this…

Y’all at PD seriously don’t deserve to be working on this IP.

31 minutes ago, razark said:

I have my opinion, and I am expressing it.

Calling it an insult, offensive, or a slap in the face is overreacting.  It's a company doing business, nothing more or less.

“A company doing business.” Yeah I guess that just means screw the consumer, they don’t deserve anything. Should be happy with what they get and not be upset! /s

Edited by OhMahDan

25 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

A cursory glance at the patch notes tells me that there are in fact, many people happy with this patch.

Many people are happy with each patch, but the majority are not.  The Game reviews seem to continue with low scores and the You Tube KSP Influencers have either stopped making KSP2 content, or the content they do make is very critical of the game and the results of the updates.    

1 hour ago, moeggz said:

4 months in is a little early for a full release game to go on sale.

Nah, not really. Maybe in the elder times, but these days it's frequent.

56 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

This is a slap in the face to anyone who didn't refund.

Yeah no. Anyone who bought the game and kept it did it being fully aware of the price tag. And anyone who has seen early access games before, knows they can and will, at some point go on sale.

37 minutes ago, moeggz said:

Players who refunded were rewarded, those who were loyal were penalized.

Yep, that's Factorio mindset. Penalized or rewarded how, exactly? Man, those successful people who bought a game 10 years after release feeling rewarded because it went on sale. Those poor souls who bought a game on day one must feel sooo sad that the  game they enjoyed is cheaper for a moment some time later, most likely after they've put a solid chunk of time into it.

37 minutes ago, moeggz said:

the rush to give a sale for the game may indicate the game is in financial trouble. 

29 minutes ago, moeggz said:

this is a business decision but one that shows the game is in trouble.

[citation needed]

Just now, Buzz313th said:

Many people are happy with each patch, but the majority are not.  The Game reviews seem to continue with low scores and the You Tube KSP Influencers have either stopped making KSP2 content, or the content they do make is very critical of the game and the results of the updates.    

The reviews have honestly stayed pretty consistent at 50%. I would not say the majority are happy with this game, but i would neither say that the majority of people are unhappy with this game, most polls done on the forums tend to have the numbers pretty split. 

This tells me it wasn't selling at all, and the financial outlook is not good.

Better pull out all the stops and get those bugs fixed or the suits will be putting an empty box on a bunch of desks soon. -it's unpopular to speak the truth in the current year, but someone should.

2 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

The reviews have honestly stayed pretty consistent at 50%. I would not say the majority are happy with this game, but i would neither say that the majority of people are unhappy with this game, most polls done on the forums tend to have the numbers pretty split. 

Reviews on steam have been steadily declining through out the past four months, dunno what you’re looking at. It used to be 55% a month or two ago, now we’re just about breaking the 50% barrier. Personally I can’t wait to see it drop to negative at this point, this is actually insane.

4 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

It has been almost exactly tracking just above 50% ... odd. Almost like there's a concerted effort to keep it there, and i'm not seeing it from tbe community. That you, T2?

2 minutes ago, Strawberry said:

The trend is a declining one.  Nothing they have done has changed that trend.  Without a positive impact, their efforts become more harshly criticized.   

5 minutes ago, OhMahDan said:

“A company doing business.” Yeah I guess that just means screw the consumer, they don’t deserve anything. Should be happy with what they get and not be upset! /s

Drop the "/s", and you've got it.  People who bought the game should have done so with a good idea of what they were getting.  The consumers got exactly what they deserve; they shouldn't expect to get anything besides what they explicitly bought.  Pay money, get product.

The company exists to take your money and make it their money.  They are not here to be your friend, and if they act like they are, it's because it's a way to make you hand over your money more easily.

2 minutes ago, razark said:

Drop the "/s", and you've got it.  People who bought the game should have done so with a good idea of what they were getting.  The consumers got exactly what they deserve; they shouldn't expect to get anything besides what they explicitly bought.  Pay money, get product.

The company exists to take your money and make it their money.  They are not here to be your friend, and if they act like they are, it's because it's a way to make you hand over your money more easily.

You’re not wrong that companies exist to make money, we all know that. But what you’re defending with your arguments is that you can sacrifice the consumers butthole for the sake of a quick buck for what ultimately funds a multi-billion dollar company and that it’s just the consumers fault at the end of the day.

There’s a reason consumer protection laws exist. Hell, it’s not impossible that we might see some of those come into action with this game someday.

2 hours ago, Jimbodiah said:

€40 for a hot mess that should never have seen the light of day is still €40 too much. Why were you defending this company at all with what they pulled? €50 AAA pricing for a pre-alpha that wasn't even fit for internal testing and now the customer can do their testing for them? And the kicker is now you complain about it being on sale.

This thing is DOA and will go on 80% sale by christmas in a last ditch attempt to save them from going belly up.

Squad thanks you for paying them money to test their software for them.

Not Squad, Intercept Games.

27 minutes ago, The Aziz said:

Yeah no. Anyone who bought the game and kept it did it being fully aware of the price tag. And anyone who has seen early access games before, knows they can and will, at some point go on sale.

4 months into EA though?  After being told that the price won't change, and that the project is fully funded?  It just doesn't feel right.

34 minutes ago, Buzz313th said:

The trend is a declining one.  Nothing they have done has changed that trend.  Without a positive impact, their efforts become more harshly criticized.   

I've been watching this metric since launch, and it has been like there's a hard floor at 50 percent. Why not 49 or 47 or 52? Right at 50... not sus at all...

9 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

A question just popped into my mind that I thought I'd ask here:

When is the next earnings call/report due to be released?

Pretty important to understand how this sale impacts that data.

Has it been 3 months yet? That's a quarter.

9 minutes ago, TLTay said:

I've been watching this metric since launch, and it has been like there's a hard floor at 50 percent. Why not 49 or 47 or 52? Right at 50... not sus at all...

Has it been 3 months yet? That's a quarter.

Well, it has been 4 since EA launched.  I dont know when the last report came out, so I dont know if it has been 3 months since then...but odds are it has.  Maybe?

It's the Steam Summer Sale. If you don't put your game on sale you don't sell copies. Participating with a token discount (20% is top-end token discount but it's still a token discount) is exactly what everybody SHOULD have expected.

I expected it.

I might even take advantage of it. Because I'm the exact target audience for it. I want the game, but think $50 is too much.

The big problem is, I think $40 is too much too. But I still might get it anyway.