KSP2 Release Notes - Update v0.1.5.0

Intercept Games

• Community Manager
11 hours ago, RalphKerman said:

Thanks for the update!

I have been very critical and frustrated in some of my posts so I guess I have to throw something into the other side of that scale now, too.

I am very pleased by the improvements of the 0.1.5 patch, on my old rig (2 x 1080s, 32 GB RAM, I7-6700K) the performance is really nice now.

Having done some simple missions (like landing on the Mun and driving a small rover there) I have not had any Kraken attack or RuD or anything that just blew up my craft for no reason. That's nice! And the bug that drove me crazy (camera position reset after going to map and back) has been fixed to an extend where I did not have it happen yet at all (I read in the patch notes that some camera refactor is needed to fully fix it but I have not encountered it yet in this release).

Really enojying the game right now and eagerly awaiting the "For Science!" update.

Glad to hear it Ralph!

8 hours ago, Spicat said:

Here, it’s due to some AMD hardware it seems:

Yeah! For Intel-based Gaming PC..It doesn't have a problem for the cloud bug. My PC has Intel i10 10700k 2.5 GHz, 32GB RAM and Nvidia 3060 16GB.....very smooth of gameplay otherwise

I heard this seems only happening to those with AMD-based CPU and other hardware

Edited by kennyc222

On 10/26/2023 at 5:54 PM, HammerTyme said:

Docking still has issues. :(    This is a bummer man.   I’m trying to dock 2 vessels. And they just bounce off each other. Ughhh

Docking didnt seem to work well for me either, until I realized I had one of the Large Docking Ports backwards - quite easy to do as they look very similar in both directions and they clip together no problem in the VAB, but they only work with docking if both sides have the exterior docking ports pointed towards each other.

11 hours ago, blackpaulrudd said:

any chance of or update on fine tuning for maneuver nodes? i can't imagine i'm the only one who wants to play but would be driven insane by lacking fine control.

Check out the FlightPlan mod and its related accessory mods, primarily Maneuver Node Controller - this will give you the fine tuning you want (K2D2 will give you the precision execution, however K2D2 is still broken in 0.1.5 atm).  I seriously doubt the devs are going to improve things in regards to maneuver planning - it would be a trivial thing to do, but KSP1 had it, and KSP2 doesn't so I believe they did it on purpose.  Get the mods, works great.  

2 hours ago, Royalswissarmyknife said:

In the video it shows that there is still orbital decay in a low enough orbit.

Ah yes, the altitude for masochists.

In case you were wondering. 10k is a landing, not orbiting altitude with the above still persisting.

On 10/28/2023 at 5:31 PM, Philip Soerensen said:

I'm playing on a 13" laptop from 2017 with a dual core CPU and integrated graphics, on linux, and with this update I'm now getting viable framerates.

Whoa... That's awesome.

I don't have the best GPU (Only like a GeForce GTX 1800)... but on a laptop?! I couldn't imagine what frames you must have gotten before patch 5.

But back to the update. I used to only get 20-25 frames on a good day. Now I get around 35 FPS everyday (yes I needed all the emphasis I could squeeze out of that). I am immensely impressed with the work the team has done, namely improving on the performance and the graphics. We're on the doorstep for "For Science!" (Try saying that 5 times fast) and... I know it's a little far away but I can't wait for colonies and interstellar!

Just a quickie..

SAS wheel stabilisation goes bananas when raising/lowering legs. Could have been a torque impulse from the leg movement action, but have noticed it appearing mildly with other moving parts.

Ship began spinning faster and faster, had to spend a good few minutes to stop it.

Oh.. it's random.

Another occurance, got it on vid this time.

It's not to bad this time, but notice at the last raising of the gear, no effect occurs

Edited by ColKlonk2

On 10/30/2023 at 7:53 PM, Royalswissarmyknife said:

In the video it shows that there is still orbital decay in a low enough orbit.

in my experience this happens primarily due to certain parts interacting with eachother in ways they should not:

besides those cases (and going EVA), it's almost entirely fixed aside from the 0.5second or so of decay that happens after timewarp/loading a save/shutting down engines in low orbit