[1.12.5] Kerbal Star Systems 2™ [1.0] - Reborn, Reimagined, Ready for the stars! [24 March 2024]

StarCrusher96

is there any date or timeline that you can give us for when this will come out im just getting back into ksp1 with mods after 6 years and would love to have this and if GU works aswell as the base for my next modpack adventure into the deep space unkown 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have just installed a brand new Vanilla copy of KSP1. I have been playing for almost two years with quite an exhaustive modlist. I want to clean it up a bit an shrink mod / part count to something more reasonable.  Ive been looking forward to this so that i can test it out before i go for a fresh start.

This looks truly amazing and is a testament to what is keeping KSP1 alive and strong.  

haven't even really got much to say, just, wow....

I suppose I'll ask about compatibilities. How does it run with Kcalbeloh, AVP, OPM, or other semi-common mods?

Posted (edited)
On 3/7/2024 at 6:51 PM, Ariel Kerman said:

@StarCrusher96 Wait... is going to be released for volumetric clouds? :o 

yes but there will be normal EVE support.
KSS2 was designed with volumetric EVE, so the normal EVE support will be also basic support. No fancy stuff.

On 3/11/2024 at 8:25 AM, hall said:

haven't even really got much to say, just, wow....

I suppose I'll ask about compatibilities. How does it run with Kcalbeloh, AVP, OPM, or other semi-common mods?

As KSS2 is no system replacer, I do not see any issue why these mods wont work together. 
It has its own cloud support so it cannot interfere with AVP for stock.

Edited by StarCrusher96

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

March 24, 2024 - Kerbal Star Systems 2 (KSS2) proudly presents its debut release, featuring the 'mesmerizing' Aethera System. Embark on an interstellar journey to a brand new red dwarf systems with diverse planets, moons, and more. Key Highlights:

• Explore the captivating Aethera System, packed with celestial wonders.
  • Exclusive support for volumetric EVE enhances visual immersion. Legacy EVE configs will be released in the next few days.

Join the adventure today with Kerbal Star Systems 2 and unlock the mysteries of the KSP cosmos! For more information and to download, visit [https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Kerbal-Star-Systems-2/releases].
Do not forget to read and follow the installtion guide [https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Kerbal-Star-Systems-2]

GU - Galaxies Unbound will not return until after the summer.

vESDm9f.png

Edited by StarCrusher96

8 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

March 24, 2024 - Kerbal Star Systems 2 (KSS2) proudly presents its debut release, featuring the 'mesmerizing' Aethera System. Embark on an interstellar journey to a brand new red dwarf systems with diverse planets, moons, and more. Key Highlights:

• Exclusive support for volumetric EVE enhances visual immersion. Legacy EVE configs will be released in the next few days.

Join the adventure today with Kerbal Star Systems 2 and unlock the mysteries of the KSP cosmos! For more information and to download, visit [https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Kerbal-Star-Systems-2/releases].
Do not forget to read and follow the installtion guide [https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Kerbal-Star-Systems-2]

vESDm9f.png

OOOOH 

5 hours ago, StarCrusher96 said:

vESDm9f.png

which ones the Homeworld

8 hours ago, Tecorian said:

Just tried, i have got a conflict with Kopernicus.

Maybe you can show us your GameData folder, which will run with KSS2 and what stuff does not.

Did you follow the installationguide? 

34 minutes ago, StarCrusher96 said:

Did you follow the installationguide? 

Yes, i did, like you wrote it here, Kopernicus 198 installed.

https://github.com/StarCrusher96/Kerbal-Star-Systems-2?tab=readme-ov-file

But this kicked me out.

Have reduced in the GameDate all unnecessary mods - so i believe.

I have still some stuff like KSPI running, but no other PlanetMod.

Therefore the question for a pic of the content of your GameData - at least your setup should running :)

Despite, Kopernicus says naa, i believe, that anything else is causing conflicts.

Cause your "old" KSS, as a crosscheck test yesterday night, which i have downloaded some months ago, is running without any problems.

OK, now running - Very good!

Everybody should try your mod - it awsome!

My Mistake was a data-fragment of the Kcalbeloh mod in the GameData Folder, i have not recognized.

I have no idea, why Kopernicus gave me a mistake- info.

Since there's no official EVE support I'm almost buying that volumetric clouds mod just for playing KSS2, even though I despise that patreon thing. But the site says there are versions up to 4. Should I just pay the patreon price and get the latest version?

1 hour ago, mateusviccari said:

Since there's no official EVE support I'm almost buying that volumetric clouds mod just for playing KSS2, even though I despise that patreon thing. But the site says there are versions up to 4. Should I just pay the patreon price and get the latest version?

I will not push you towards making a purchase to play KSS2. But I will tell you that it's worth the money. 

On 3/28/2024 at 3:14 AM, StarCrusher96 said:

For those who had the chance to play KSS2. Would you mind giving some feedback?

Survey

Hi @StarCrusher96 . I tried playing, but alas, the memory demand is too great for my system.  This was with a fresh KSP install, and with only the requisite mods associated with this one. Whereas, normally I play KSP RSS with an abundance of mods present and my performance is reasonably good.  I don't have specific performance data to present. However, the difference between "unmoded" KSS2 vs heavily modded RSS is significant.

Admittedly, I don't have the greatest computer, but it's generally sufficient for the games I play.

Anyway, congratulations on the new release. From what I can see, it is up to your usual high standard.