Squad Did This

dlrk

KSP2's abandonment, and the likely abandonment of the IP (with Take 2 retaining it and prohibiting further development) is ultimately the fault of KSP's original developers, Squad. Squad decided to sell KSP to Take 2, a publicly traded company, rather than sell it to a trusted independent developer that would not cancel it at the behest of shareholder returns.

It's at moments like this that I'm reminded of the Simpsons mob, that keep changing their collective mind on who they are going to attack whenever someone at the front shouts the latest idea in their head and shouts the loudest.

Just now, Superfluous J said:

Really it's the fault of the Chinese.

Had they never invented fireworks, Filipe would never have played with them as a kid and gotten the idea for KSP in the first place.

Damned right! And Charles Babbage! Why, if that b*stard hadn't invented the computer in the first place, i'd never have a computer on which to play the original KSP in the first place. My hopes would've never been raised for KSP2!

I need a time machine to travel to 1820's London and beat that git up!

1 minute ago, Superfluous J said:

Really it's the fault of the Chinese.

Had they never invented fireworks, Filipe would never have played with them as a kid and gotten the idea for KSP in the first place.

No. Way.

Your totally right. We can't stand for this! We have to DO something!!!111!!2!!!11!!1!1

(;) )

Just now, Stevie_D said:

Damned right! And Charles Babbage! Why, if that b*stard hadn't invented the computer in the first place, i'd never have a computer on which to play the original KSP in the first place. My hopes would've never been raised for KSP2!

But that wouldn't have happened if we hadn't invented fire!!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S THE CAVEMAN'S FAULT

8 minutes ago, NexusHelium said:

But that wouldn't have happened if we hadn't invented fire!!!!!!!!!!!
IT'S THE CAVEMAN'S FAULT

But what about the monkeys?, had they not went through this evolutionary path we wouldn’t have this mess!.

:P

Posted (edited)
Just now, Director_Valle said:

But what about the monkeys?, had they not went through this evolutionary path we wouldn’t have this mess!.

:P

I blame the amoebas for developing eyes light-sensing organs.

Edited by Flush Foot

8 minutes ago, Flush Foot said:

I blame the amoebas for developing eyes light-sensing organs.

Well I blame the water, for allowing life to exist in the first place.

Posted (edited)

Damned supernovas.... 

...being all arrogant and creating the heavier chemical elements.

What?!? HYDROGEN AND HELIUM WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU?!?!?

Edited by Stevie_D

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, dlrk said:

I don't really see how it isn't Squad's fault for selling out to T2

The problem is that you are upset about something.  The most effective (only) solution is to make the internal change within yourself to not be upset about whatever you are upset about.  Seriously.

What might help you understand is that some people, just a few, knew in advance, from experience, that KSP2 was a very bad idea.  So this is a self-inflicted wound.

Also helpful might be the observation (opinion) that I just cannot think of any other industry that runs this way vis-a-vis the paying customer.  Uusally, the protocol is that "we, the company, make our best guess as what might please the customer, then we make it and offer it for sale, and then they don't buy it if they don't want it"[1].  Couldn't be simpler.

So, what is it exactly that is "wrong" with the games industry?  Well, I will venture a guess: 'kidz'.  They want what they want and they hold their breath waiting and then scream when they don't get it.

Well, this can't be right.  Most of the computer games clientele are over the age of 18.  (Some are even 68 until next month.)  And games, though perenially associated with 'kidz' (who are generally not 'serious' people) are, in actual fact, quite very serious intellectual components of human culture and have been since the first stones got chipped and polished into Go stones.

So the conclusion I am making is that there seem to be now a preponderance of very maturity-stunted people in the games community: adultz who are still kidz.

Normally, getting older is the conventional solution to this difficulty, but it must be something in the water now...

Please yourself, but I've been hoping for years now KSP2 (a very bad idea) would die so the wailing would stop, but now it appears that we have to have 3 years of wailing about the demise of KSP2?

A Demise Which Has Not Even Yet Been Announced.

[1] remember too that "verbal contracts are not worth the paper they are written on".  Caveat emptor.

Edited by Hotel26

Thank you for the condescending rant, and I'm sure that the corporate overlords appreciate your belief that commerce should be a one-way arrangement where we just take whatever we are given.

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, dlrk said:

the condescending rant

This is a fair criticism, I will readily admit.  I hadn't intended it as such, but reflecting on it objectively, it was.

I'm going to stand by my words, but don't take that personally.  I have had enough of the KSP2 debacle.

And, speaking of self-reflection, the wailing throng doesn't seem to understand nor care about the negative impact upon others, nor, more importantly, on T2 management.  It very much looks like a lost cause (customer satisfaction), doesn't it?

Live long and prosper.

Edited by Hotel26

Agree with @Hotel26. And note that, as he mentioned, the demise of the game has not yet even been actually announced. All we have is speculation. One could argue (but I won't) about how strong the basis for the speculation is, but it is still speculation. An awful lot of the w word going on here. (The only forum warning I've ever gotten was for chiding someone for doing that thing that starts with w and ends with hine, so I've avoided using it since then. :-). I've got @Hotel26 beat on the age thing (73 here); dunno if that's related.

8 minutes ago, rmaine said:

dunno if that's related

Very related.  I (desperately) don't want to be the oldest KSP player!  So please check out this link: 

The only catch is "do you play KSP every week?".  If so, you are qualified to sport the "Respect Your Elders" badge (why would you want it?)!

1 minute ago, Hotel26 said:

Very related.  I (desperately) don't want to be the oldest KSP player!  So please check out this link: 

The only catch is "do you play KSP every week?".  If so, you are qualified to sport the "Respect Your Elders" badge (why would you want it?)!

Well, I had a long break from it, partly because MJ had a bug that I found incredibly annoying. I reported the bug, but that didn't get much action and I know better than to pester unpaid mod authors. Well, maybe that bug was just my excuse. Anyway, a while back I decided to try the game again and got what seemed like very useful additional data on the bug. Added that to my bug report; bug got fixed. I've been playing the game more like every day since then. Have it paused on my other computer while I'm typing this now. :-)

2 hours ago, Majorjim! said:

I blame the channel tunnel. 

The real issue is 88 miles per hour and 1.21 gigawatts.

23 minutes ago, rmaine said:

partly because MJ had a bug that I found incredibly annoying

What bug?  And did it ever get resolved?

MJ's Translatron has misspelled "execute" across many versions, so I'm assuming it's just a running joke

2 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

What bug?  And did it ever get resolved?

Issue 1841 on the MJ github page (well, the 2nd half of that issue; I unwisely put 2 unrelated things in one issue). The node executor was taking "forever" (well, minutes) to turn off after it was done. I was pretty much never putting RCS on my vehicles, but tried doing so after reading about some MJ issues related to RCS. That worked around it and was my extra data. WHen I reported that extra data, it got fixed. Yes, it is now fixed; all this for the dev version, I might note.