Predict when the developers will give us some info

50 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

There is nothing that says that cannot happen here.

As I was saying, the agnostic argument.

51 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Still not dead officially, but pretty darned close.

It's dead officially, they just haven't said the one specific thing about it you want them to say in the way you want them to say it, which is most probably not gonna happen.

1. The office was closed, confirmed by the WARN.
  2. The people that worked on the title are all fired minus Nate which is the only person we can confirm was absorbed into PD. Effective this Friday. Confirmed by the WARN and later on by some employees themselves, and one of the KSP2 producers.
  3. Some people were fired even before all this debacle without anyone new replacing them. Confirmed by Wes and later on the SZ video.
  4. They updated the game to complete the credits and remove the branded launcher. Don't think I need a source here.
  5. They've ceased all talk about future updates. Again, you can just check the forum, and other places too.
  6. They tried offering the IP with or without the studio for sale, and they tried offering the whole of PD for sale too. As confirmed by news.

Now, that's direct evidence, i.e. not conjecture or hyperbole or theories or whatever.  Your "proof" is asking a rotting corpse to climb out of its casket and tell you "yes pal I'm pretty dead". Not only does the corpse provide enough evidence of its death already, it's also very unlikely that there's any life left in it for it to raise up and give you the answer.

1 hour ago, Scarecrow71 said:

Anyhow, I've digressed.  EA simply isn't worth it - in my own, non-scientific, unverified opinion.  Especially when the cost to get involved is the same as a full price game ($50).  And especially when the developers stop talking to the community a few weeks after launch.

And I've put my money on Factorio, Space Engineers, DRG, Besiege, Barotrauma, Rust, Rimworld, Beam.NG, KSP1 and many other successful, fun, fulfilling EA projects that have been a pleasure to be a part of (well, KSP1 not so much). On the other hand I've also paid up for this garbage, StarForge, Stormworks, Hydroneer (was fine until the multiplayer update), 7 days to die, and many others.

It is definitely not a system that guarantees success, or even something as basic as a good game. But it is also a system that lets you be part of great stuff and enjoy great games much before others get to it. And yes, you're very right in saying that $50 for an early access is a huge red flag. Wish more people had listened back then, and I'm very thankful to Steam for regionalized prices and to every dev/publisher that uses them correctly.

23 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

It's dead officially,

No, it's not.  You saying it's dead does not make it official.  The community saying it's dead does not make it official.  Only 1 entity can come out and clearly and definitively say it's dead and have it be official.  That isn't me wanting something specific to be said to make it so.  It's a fact.  None of us owns the IP.  Not you, not me, not anyone on the forums.  And the only person/entity that can make it official is whomever owns the IP.  Again, that's a fact.

23 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

No, it's not.

Yes it is.

No comms, everyone fired, studio closed... If you cannot see the obvious until "official word" is given then this is a moot argument. A new studio may very well pick up the game and continue with it, until that point the game is dead... Ignoring the evidence of your eyes and ears wont change that.

At this point, I've seen roast chickens with more chance at revival than this "game" and I'm waaaaayyyy past the point of caring whether it does... Because, I don't have stockholm syndrome and see the situation for what it is... That, is a fact.

Edited by TickleMyMary

20 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

No, it's not.  You saying it's dead does not make it official.  The community saying it's dead does not make it official.  Only 1 entity can come out and clearly and definitively say it's dead and have it be official.  That isn't me wanting something specific to be said to make it so.  It's a fact.  None of us owns the IP.  Not you, not me, not anyone on the forums.  And the only person/entity that can make it official is whomever owns the IP.  Again, that's a fact.

I did not talk about conjecture or anything. You're not arguing against my conclusions, what you're trying to run against now, is word from producers, engineers, and other various developers and employees, you're trying to tell them that their game is not dead even though they've been looking for a job for at least a month for the freshest out the door. You're contradicting the news and the statements of anyone official but the CEO.

So yeah, you're only playing for the guy that is set to make money of off not saying the game is dead, and expecting him to say the game is dead. It's not just a bad argument that runs against reality, it's naivety.

SCP-███
"KSP-2"

Object Class: Neutralized / Kether-Kraken

Special Containment Procedures:  SCP-███ may be kept in containment similar to 3.5" Verbatim floppy disks with labels containing integer numbers of the disks made by pencil in random order.
The Read-Only latch must be closed.

Description: SCP-███ is a mockup of a rocket construction and spaceflight simulation game.
It mimicks a widely-known Kraken Space Program (aka KSP-1), trying to imitate its functionality, and using optical illusions to ensure the victim that it's real.
You can distinguish : SCP-███ from the real KSP-1 by toxic-green and rounded shapes of the virtual beings inside.
It's noticed for using magic numbers as a camouflage: 0.1.1, 0.2.2, ...
Also it can be detected by the resource monitor. If it freezes on the hardware where the original KSP just flies, it's for sure the SCP-███ .

SCP-███ is supposed to be an extraterrestrial or extraplanar form of life, possessing the original KSP at its nest, and having brought it to the Upper-Left Corner of the USA map, next to the big water.

Its first manifestations were dramatic events with three or four development companies, thinking that they were "owning" it.

The culmination took place in May of 2024, when the SCP-███ had taken several dozens of the development people.

To the date it is still not clear, is SCP-███ still alive or not, so the special measures of Securing, Containment, Protection should be being undertaken at least till June, 28, 2024.

To the moment no personnel units being in contact with SCP-███ is responding or showing any other signs of life activity. Their fate is still unknown.

The SCP-███ Project leader Prof. S███n had signed last time on June, 11.
It's still unknown if he did it as a free-will being, or he was under control of the SCP-███.

The Project official speaker, Dr. D███a made controversial claims, so h██ objectivity is questionned, too.

To the moment it is known about 70 dismissed personnel units of the project HQ, who are were presumably involved into the Project.
We may hope that the personnel units of Class D have been euthanized and utilized quickly and humanely.

2 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

you're trying to tell them that their game is not dead

No, I'm trying to tell the community that the game is not officially dead even though we may all think it is.  The only thing that makes the game officially dead is word from the owner of the IP.  That doesn't mean that I'm trying to say it isn't, only that it isn't official.  Big difference, and one that you obviously aren't grasping.

4 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

You're contradicting the news and the statements of anyone official but the CEO.

Show me one post - anywhere, from anyone official - that stated point blank that the game is dead and I'll retract everything I've said to this point.  Just one.

4 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

So yeah, you're only playing for the guy that is set to make money of off not saying the game is dead, and expecting him to say the game is dead. It's not just a bad argument that runs against reality, it's naivety.

I play for no corporate entity, so you saying this is simply and flat-out wrong.  The REALITY is that nobody official has said the game is dead.  That's not conjecture, that's not naivety.  That is fact.

Not to mention you are ignoring entire portions of my post where I AGREE WITH YOU THAT THE GAME SEEMS TO BE DECEASED.  I can't state it any more plainly than that.

7 minutes ago, TickleMyMary said:

Yes it is.

No comms, everyone fired, studio closed... If you cannot see the obvious until "official word" is given then this is a moot argument.

Ok, I have no idea why people here aren't capable of reading this morning, but I've stated - both above and in previous posts - THAT I AGREE THAT THE GAME APPEARS TO BE DEAD.  What part of that did you miss?  The big thing here is that it isn't officially cancelled.  Yes, all signs point to it not continuing, but until it's officially cancelled it's akin to 2K Marin - still there, still available, just lying there.

I don't get why people are having a hard time understanding that I can be both on the side of "It appears to be dead to my eyes" and also stating "But no official word has come out, so it's not officially dead yet".  What is so hard to understand about that?

Just now, Scarecrow71 said:

Show me one post - anywhere, from anyone official - that stated point blank that the game is dead and I'll retract everything I've said to this point.  Just one.

I'll put it as clearly as I can:

I'm now the CEO of T2. I forbid everyone in this forum through NDAs and threat of legal action from creating posts saying I'm wrong. Next, I go and say the Earth is flat. No one can contradict me since it is forbidden.

It still doesn't make the Earth flat.

Do you understand the problem people see with your point?

3 hours ago, PDCWolf said:

I'll put it as clearly as I can:

I'm now the CEO of T2. I forbid everyone in this forum through NDAs and threat of legal action from creating posts saying I'm wrong. Next, I go and say the Earth is flat. No one can contradict me since it is forbidden.

It still doesn't make the Earth flat.

Do you understand the problem people see with your point?

And you failed to actually address both your statement and my response to it.  Show me one post where someone official says the game is over and dead and cancelled and I'll retract everything I've said.  We both know you can't, simply because it hasn't happened.  [snip]

And at that I'm done.  Unless, of course, you want to show me where it's officially been cancelled?  No?  Can't do it?  Then I'm out.

3 hours ago, TickleMyMary said:

I agree, some peoples capabilty to read,  hear and understand are severely lacking... I don't need a death certificate to know when something isn't breathing anymore.

Most people don't.  But failing to understand that it hasn't been made official is what's getting under my skin right now.  Which is why I'm done with this conversation.  I'm not putting any more energy into trying to state facts when nobody wants to listen.

Edited by Vanamonde

13 minutes ago, TickleMyMary said:

I don't need a death certificate to know when something isn't breathing anymore.

Doesn't change the fact that it's not official until you have the death certificate.

I dealt with my fathers estate after he passed away a couple of years back. Didn't matter that I knew he had passed, I couldn't do anything without the official document.

20 minutes ago, Turbo Ben said:

Doesn't change the fact that it's not official until you have the death certificate.

I dealt with my fathers estate after he passed away a couple of years back. Didn't matter that I knew he had passed, I couldn't do anything without the official document.

Thankfully, this is not even close to the same vein. If anything this kind of discussion matters most to those seeking to purchase KSP2 or those still hopeful for continued development. I'd much rather T2 not scam anyone else than to be functional to the CEO's pockets by arguing semantics. The game is officially dead, the only person that hasn't said it is the one that's set to lose money if he says it.

20 minutes ago, Turbo Ben said:

Quite the false equivalency there... One is a legally required process to release the estate and the other one is a "game"... Look, if you need a document to confirm something for you then that's what you need, others don't and take the evidence of their eyes and ears as the "facts" of the matter.

36 minutes ago, Scarecrow71 said:

But failing to understand that it hasn't been made official is what's getting under my skin right now.  Which is why I'm done with this conversation.  I'm not putting any more energy into trying to state facts when nobody wants to listen.

There's no "failing to understand" anything to be honest and you continually putting yourself on the line in such a way really can't be healthy... I mean, people are never going to agree with eveything you say so continually restating it isn't going to win anybody around... Seeing as you are done with this, once again, most people don't need official word (from a company with form for doing the same thing) to call something gone, dead and buried.

9 minutes ago, TickleMyMary said:

Quite the false equivalency there...

If it's not an argument you accept, why did you use it?

13 minutes ago, TickleMyMary said:

Look, if you need a document to confirm something for you then that's what you need, others don't and take the evidence of their eyes and ears as the "facts" of the matter.

I thought KSP2 was dead after 5 minutes in 0.1.3 (haven't opened the game since). I don't need a document or a statement from T2 or any other evidence to confirm it.

But I am not God, so me believing it's dead does not make it official. Only T2, PD or IG can do that.

27 minutes ago, PDCWolf said:

arguing semantics.

The word "officially" has a clear definition. I happen to think that the meaning of words is important. I understand if English is not your first language, but to say the game is "officially dead" is an objectively false statement.

Anyway, not getting dragged any further into an off topic discussion.

KSP2 is dead, I'll leave it at that.

15 minutes ago, Turbo Ben said:

If it's not an argument you accept, why did you use it?

Why did I use what argument? I think you have missed the context there, and, that's not on me to correct for you.

17 minutes ago, Turbo Ben said:

I am not God

Nope... Literally the only thing I can agree with you on.