Bad Gateway,Possible End,Theories,Solutions.

ColdJ

1 hour ago, ColdJ said:

It is after midnight here but yesterday, midday was a nightmare, got maybe 5 minutes of forum out of 2 hours.

That's odd. Yesterday was quite stable for me, though there were a few interruptions in the evening. 

37 minutes ago, Vanamonde said:

That's odd. Yesterday was quite stable for me, though there were a few interruptions in the evening. 

I don't know your timezone but it is 2:31 am when I post this.

On 7/4/2024 at 7:04 AM, ColdJ said:

If as I understand it, the company that hosts the KSP servers is used by over 40% of the web sites world wide and if I am right from stuff I have read that Chat GPT has access to the server. It may be that Chat GPT is inadvertently causing the problems by accessing the servers

It reads my posts as a training set, and is going to post under kerbiloid nickname everywhere around...

Forgive me, people!!!

3 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

It reads my posts as a training set, and is going to post under kerbiloid nickname everywhere around...

So I might be the only person who will understand CHAT GPT output. :)

2 hours ago, Gargamel said:

If you notice, each individual post has an identifying number, and each thread has a similar number.  It should be fairly “trivial” (says the person who barely understands the process) to create a bot who simply steps through the list of posts, and catalogs the text, poster, date, and the related Id numbers into a database.  It’s been done before with other forums.

More versions:

Someone's employer payed a local freelancer analysis of his employee visiting living at this forum, and the freelancer's utility is doing a brutforce sorting of the information.

Or somebody has read this thread, and decided to bruteforcely make a backup copy of the whole universe just in case.

10 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Forgive me, people!!!

The singularity approaches more rapidly than I imagined :science: :awe: 

3 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

Or somebody has read this thread, and decided to bruteforcely make a backup copy of the whole universe just in case.

Got a spare 3.5 inch disc?

Someone had made a comment about AI potentially contributing to the connection issues.

I am quite ignorant as to what occurs behind the scenes. Might as well be magic.

CoPilot told me it was quite possibly the case. 505 being upstream, people may experience issues at different times.

Lost in the cross talk? 

I told CoPilot, Bing.. all of em to explain like I'm five and use as many words as possible and for some reason the forum went down....

I always include please and thank you in my prompts.

@damerell

You said "If you have another misconception, please just _say_ what it is. I'm not going to try and correct errors if I have to squeeze them out of you one word at a time."

In response to me saying "Ok, lets assume that the AI companies make their own copies of the entire internet for their algorithms. where do they host their servers?"

Even if you believe I am wrong, there was a clear question.

Now in my experience, people who answer without actually answering, have a strong opinion on a topic but have no actual proof or credentials to back it up.

You responded to my initial post where I said.

" I did a shallow dive into the phenomenom and I have a theory.

If as I understand it, the company that hosts the KSP servers is used by over 40% of the web sites world wide and if I am right from stuff I have read that Chat GPT has access to the server. It may be that Chat GPT is inadvertently causing the problems by accessing the servers , looking for data, at a rate far greater than humans alone would be doing. And these high speed and numerous calls to the servers are overwelming them. When they were first established they would not have been thinking of the servers being accessed as fast as these AI programs do."

A few people commented that through their experience that they felt something atleast similar to this might be going on.

Now you felt strongly enough to comment and say that my theory was wrong.

Well the rules on this are easy. If you believe that my theory is wrong, you provide evidence to prove me wrong.

You show that you are an AI industry insider and so have clear knowledge of how the system works. If you are not, then you provide links to reputable articles that I can read to prove I am wrong.

If you can't do this, but just have a gut feeling that I am wrong, then you don't quote me in the first place and keep it to yourself.

I see statements all the time that I feel are wrong, but I don't comment on them unless I can backup my opinion.

https://www.reuters.com/technology/artificial-intelligence/openai-working-new-reasoning-technology-under-code-name-strawberry-2024-07-12/

ChatGPT maker OpenAI is working on a novel approach to its artificial intelligence models in a project code-named “Strawberry,”

<...>

Researchers Reuters interviewed say that reasoning is key to AI achieving human or super-human-level intelligence.

The super-AI, thinking Kerbal, is definitely a superhuman intelligence.

The probably learn it here on the best Kerbal experts information and opinions.

Edited by kerbiloid