What did you do in KSP1 today?

Xeldrak

Built and tested a new interplanetary shuttle: Starbird.

1kzD7kB.png

She works... but just barely. Her mission is to shuttle passengers from a space station over Kerbin to one over Jool, and then refuel and return. And she can do it... but again, just barely. There is either too much mass or too little thrust. One wrong maneuver and I'll be sending a refueler out to top her off.

Truth is, I'm actually getting much better results with my smaller raptor shuttles.

But this mission was not a complete failure... far from it! My secret master plan was a complete success!!

See, that shuttle holds 37, and 34 of those seats are occupied by my complete staff! Everyone, including scientists and engineers... most just rescued rookies!!!

I've spent the last few days rounding everyone up and sticking them into a space station over Kerbin to await pick-up just for this.

And this is a career game.... now do you see the madness to my method??? bwaahahahaha

Everyone on that shuttle is now a 5-star, back in Kerbin orbit, and awaiting a shuttle back to the KSC!!!!

One flight fully upgraded my entire staff.... Excellent..... :wink:

See, that shuttle holds 37, and 34 of those seats are occupied by my complete staff! Everyone, including scientists and engineers... most just rescued rookies!!!

I've spent the last few days rounding everyone up and sticking them into a space station over Kerbin to await pick-up just for this.

You know, that's 3 seats you should have filled with tourists... ;)

I messed with the persistent.sfs and everybody on Kerbin died. Except three clones, which were also the product of me horsing around in the source code. I still don't know what happened, or why those three survived. Jeb, Bill, and Bob were not on Kerbin at the time. They were in Prometheus Station orbiting it, and survived the... whatever that was. A 12-kerbal base on Dres turned into a single, unmanned hitchhiker module. A nearby ascent vehicle survived intact, without anybody in it. The transfer vehicle orbiting Dres had its engines, docking ports, and main fuel tank disappear, and its crew is gone as well. Also, Minmus disappeared. I had a base there. Then I had some debris, a rover, an OAV, and a levitating hitchhiker module. Then I had a levitating everything because Minmus isn't being rendered but its collision box is. KSP crashed while I wrote the previous sentence.

All of this started when I went into the persistent.sfs and changed an asteroid's class from 0 to 30, and its mass from 150 to 2000000000.

That's what you get for messing with the space-time continuum. It always has unforseen consequences :confused:

There are

There are

Now, there are OMGcopters.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Participate in the flight development project in the craft thread or lol at the epic fails to come here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/133491-There-are-Helicopters-and-there-are-ROFLcopters-This-is-OMG!!!-Mil-V-12-Homer-Super-Heavy-Copter?p=2179404#post2179404

Edited by pandoras kitten

moho%20satellite%201.png

I sent a satellite to Moho. This is the first mission I've really done for a while (aside from doing random checks on existing craft and using the source code for breaking the game). The image is viewable if you right-click the tiny question mark thing and open it in a new tab/window.

Edited by Findthepin1
--> ? <--

I spend alot of time to reenter my newest spaceplane. It flies fine , being just a small modification of a tested plane, it delivered a sat to orbit and had just enough fuel to get back into atmo... but I accidentally put two engineers in it. Which I didn't notice until I released the sat and suddenly there was no SAS anymore. Reentering without SAS or A joystick is..tiresome. But I slowed down to a safe mach 2.4, now I need to turn around and land this :(

Edit: Landed. slightly behind the runway, but hej, a bit of taxing back to it is nothing :)

Edited by Theoderich

Over the last couple of days, I got "SpaceY Expanded" out for distribution, with some freakin huge 7.5m engine clusters... ;)

http://ksp.necrobones.com/screenshots/2015-09/KSP%202015-09-04%2015-36-17-18.jpg

http://ksp.necrobones.com/screenshots/2015-09/KSP%202015-09-02%2011-49-44-79.jpg

Great Scott ! 22k liftoff / 24k space.

Umm... I wonder... Eve escape vehicle ? no no no, make that Jool escape vehicle haha.

I really love your work man, well done !

Should you be looking for ideas, For my 1.1 career I would love a high-ISP 2.5m nuke engine as an end-game thing.

Maybe it burns Xenon and Liquid fuel (and electricity) to make for extreme range ? I need 4 of them on my mothership for 30K dV, lol.

Edited by Francois424

As part of The-Apollo-Applications-Program-1-0-Edition http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121201-The-Apollo-Applications-Program-1-0-Edition (a lot of fun btw) I finished:

Double Duna

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/121201-The-Apollo-Applications-Program-1-0-Edition/page42?p=2179547#post2179547

Two Apollo style crews ( and hardware ) to Duna. Two Kerbals stay in orbit and four on the surface. Featuring clustered landing via 'last minute decoupling' and 'semi propulsive landing', life support, comm sats, and 'too many rendezvous'.

HTGbTVY.png

Edited by DBowman

today I launched my first craft after PC upgrade and I just left it in orbit and used it as a screensaver for about 10 minutes. Game finally runs smoothly in my monitors native resolution (1600x900) on good details and with shadows.

3EZN9Ar.png

After almost a year break, I'm back in KSP. And right now I'm collecting all possible science at the Minmus.

http://i.imgur.com/cOpw6fp.png

http://i.imgur.com/eY6gaxh.png

http://i.imgur.com/bf8URSX.png

And now: is that me, or it ractually looks like a small space bus?

Curious, what is that cockpit and that engine ? Your mimus rover is really nice !

Today I landed the Wanderer Mun Mission in the East Crater:

pVm5GN0l.png

Unfortunately that was right at about sunset, and I've been waiting for sunrise. In the meantime, I brought a lander back from Minmus for Science!

MMwtWTQl.png

I think my next game I'm going to decrease the amount of science coming in...

I'm currently sitting in this luxurious resort with my girlfriend, far away from home, in a beautiful foreign country. It's sunny (35 deg Celsius), I've got a stunning view. The food is great, people are friendly, and here I am... just lurking on the KSP forum... Reading all these awesome posts in envy. I can't wait to get home! I 've got a ton of new ideas I want to test. Darnit I'm really addicted to this game XD

Edited by xendelaar

A bit of spaceplane fiddling. I tried to make a two-man drone-piloted tanker plane to take fuel to Stopover, but decided that I can work on that one a little later, once Stopover's been cleared a little, and the flyback shuttles currently attached have gone back home. It does need some more tweaking, it ran out of oxidiser to circularise without the payload tank, but was carrying about 370 units of liquid fuel spare.

Lh0PNO.png

Also, this thing. Made a little one-man interstation shuttle that fits in a long Mk2 Cargo Bay, then built a drone spaceplane to take it up. This one has lots of excess oxidiser, and a full Mk2-1.25m converter tank of LFO to boot. I quicksaved before taking the payload out, thinking I might want to use some of that excess fuel to take the interstationer to Stopover, then took the screenshot and tried to land the empty plane back home. Too much low-atmosphere physics warp and having to shift all the fuel to the front to cancel a flip put an end to that, so I reloaded.

The interstationer has 2476m/s of LFO delta-v, can perform all translations on RCS, and so should, if I recall correctly, be able to carry a single passenger between MunRod and Stopover, and perhaps also return without refuelling. It may require fuel if it has to go to Minmus and back, however. I can't recall the requirements off the top of my head.

Spent entire evening trying to make kOS ascent program for my Sputnik. As close to the real one as possible...

It perfectly gets into ballistic trajectory, but doesn't really want to drive itself into an orbit.

Well that was an actual ICBM they used for the satellite. That's why it doesn't like the usual low ascent profiles. My bad for attempting the "get the orbit right after you're out of the atmo" approach. Oh well, you rarely launch anything into this kind of trajectory on this kind of launcher.

The main issue of using such rocket for space launches is its inability to reignite the engines - it's single burn to orbit. Plus, this one seems to have slightly too high TWR for that and some aerodynamic stability issues (well, I took the lower stages of Soyuz replica - that one works perfectly), but there actually is "final thrust stage" on these engines and it was actually used on the ICBM for precision (and on 3-stage rockets this mode is used during stage separation) - switching the main engine off and leaving only the steering nozzles. With that it's possible to steer it into an orbit...

Result: periapsis 80 km, apoapsis 1400 km. Well, these satellites really got deployed into this kind of orbits...

I got a science station around the Mun. Jeb, the scientists, and a lander are there already, but it needs more solar power to do the research. And I only have OX-STATS. Can you say "Part Count"?

And it suddenly occurs to me that if I'd run the first Mun landing anyway I could have unlocked the extending ones. Oh well.