[0.23.5] Spherical and Toroidal Tank Pack (Updated 05/02/14) (New download link)

Talisar

Where can we get a version of this that doesn't force us to use a mod that overwrites the stock tanks and tanks from every other mod?

Firstly, Modular Fuel Tanks (not RealFuels) really doesn't change anything but lets you edit the contents, so I highly recommend it.

Anyways, I don't think you need to install either (I remember having this mod in 0.23 without Modular Fuel Tanks,) it just won't let you do anything with the tanks in the Utilities tab.

Firstly, Modular Fuel Tanks (not RealFuels) really doesn't change anything but lets you edit the contents, so I highly recommend it.

Anyways, I don't think you need to install either (I remember having this mod in 0.23 without Modular Fuel Tanks,) it just won't let you do anything with the tanks in the Utilities tab.

And there is my problem. I want this mod for the Utility tanks and i looked at MFT and it does have MM configs for stock tanks along with a dozen or so other mod tanks.

Well again it doesn't change anything that is in the tanks, it just allows YOU to change what is in the tanks. If you dont want that functionality for the other tanks all you really have to do is delete the CFG files for all of the tanks you don't want to be able to change what is in them. But let me restate, Modular Fuel Tanks DOES NOT change what is in ANY of your tanks, all it does is allow you to change what YOU want to have in the tanks. This makes it great for flexibility like if you want to build a refueling depot in orbit you can send a HUGE tank up filled with Mono-propellant instead of LFO. IF you want to use the utility tanks for the other resources that they hold just download the Modular Fuels mod, HERE then DELETE all the CFG's in the ModularFuels directory ACCEPT MFSSettings.cfg this will allow you to change ONLY the tanks in the Spherial and Toroidal Tank Pack. Be advised that these tanks by default can ALL have there contents changed and if you want that taken out so its JUST the utility tanks, I might be able to write you a cfg that removes that functionallity.

I have been wondering this myself.

Please get back to me to let me know if you are working on a TweakScale .cfg for this pack, and if not, I will most likely start one.

After attempting a bit of my own stuff, I realize that I am not that great with tweakscale editing. I will continue my efforts and update any progress.

After attempting a bit of my own stuff, I realize that I am not that great with tweakscale editing. I will continue my efforts and update any progress.

Have you asked Biotronic for help? Would love to see a TweakScale config for this :)

Have you asked Biotronic for help? Would love to see a TweakScale config for this :)

He did say he would answer any questions I have, but I have been a bit busy lately to get back into trying this. Once I do, I will be asking for that offered help =)

Something to consider - If this becomes tweaksace-able, many less parts would be needed, so I am also trying to figure out which to base it all off of, and if all the models should be kept or just tweakscaled from one.

• 1 month later...

I developed a TweakScale for this and it works perfectly in 0.24.2 ...as long as you don't use them for your root part. I am having problems with it in 0.25 at the moment, so you will have to be patient for that fix. The volume of the tank/tanks will not scale properly. Here you are LINK

NathanKell: Ah, the MFT archive seems to be lacking the TweakScale interaction plugin. That would explain it...

Should work for 0.25 now :cool:

Edited by Hupherius

I plan on fixing these parts up for 0.25 (as is, no tweakscale) unless someone beats me to it.

Thanks.

Will be nice to be able to use this again :)

Right now there are gaps inside all of the trusses and between the truss end connection to other parts. I guess Squad did something with the node positioning in .25

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to this being updated to 0.90. Spheres make sense for storing liquids and gases when you don't have to move them through tunnels or down roads (most modern rockets are ~12ft-diameter cylinders partly because of atmospheric drag, but mostly because of road transport issues). I really want to put fuel spheres on my space tug designs.

Hello. I'm using mod install/update tool CKAN. I found Talisar's Tanks aren't in database so I made .ckan file and filed a request to add it.

The nice thing about CKAN is that it can automatically install dependencies such as FirespitterCore, ModuleManager and ModularFuelTanks.

And yes, once you update FirespitterCore and ModularFuelTanks this pack will work with KSP 0.90.

Hello. I'm using mod install/update tool CKAN. I found Talisar's Tanks aren't in database so I made .ckan file and filed a request to add it.

The nice thing about CKAN is that it can automatically install dependencies such as FirespitterCore, ModuleManager and ModularFuelTanks.

And yes, once you update FirespitterCore and ModularFuelTanks this pack will work with KSP 0.90.

Incidentally, I see it in CKAN now--but it's not credited to Talisar, or anyone else for that matter. The Author attribute appears to be blank....

Edited by LitaAlto
corrected author

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.