[1.8+] Real Fuels

NathanKell

8 minutes ago, Astraph said:

Apparently the engines are still broken with TweakScale - I'm playing KSP 1.05 with most recent versions of RO and TweakScale availible on CKAN:

Any way to fix this issue without installing a clear copy of KSP? I don't really want to restart my career only because my 2nd most used engine got broken :/

Don't use Tweakscale on any engines or RCS very broken known issue. No known ETA for a fix. 

Edited by Svm420

9 minutes ago, Svm420 said:

Don't use Tweakscale on any engines or RCS very broken known issue. No known ETA for a fix. 

Well, I just learnt this the hard way. Luckily reinstalling both mods seems to fix the problem. Guess I'll need to wait until 2.5m parts until I can build those sweet, R-7 style clusters ^^'

v10.8.5

• Don't try to stop other-config FX every frame, do more null checking (should speed things up a abit and avoid NREs).
  • Allow setting (in MFSSettings) the multiplier to lowest boiling point to use for radiator calls.
  • Rework engine throttle response speed, make it tunable in RealSettings and in per-engine cfg.

I am having trouble getting this to work. I installed Real Fuels first, added FASA, SpaceY and Fuel Tanks plus with all the require files and that is it. My tanks can be changed to the fuels, but all engines still use Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer as they do in the base game. I did this on a fresh install. Am i missing something?

Thank you. Downloaded from that link of Stockalike Real Fuels Configs and it worked like a charm.  I did look inside the real fuels folder first and i saw all sorts of config files assuming it was all there, then noticed it only did tanks. Live and learn. Also thanks to all the mod makers for taking the time to make this game even better.

EDIT : Found the reason why I could not see the fuel levels in my radial tanks. I had not put fuel into them...

Still got to Mars with it though.

I`m withdrawing my `might be a bug` post until I double check that I have not made any more really really basic errors due my not being familiar with RF...

Edited by John FX
no real problem

Hi i dont like the Limited ignitions, i know dat is not quite so realistic but it really makes problems for my motherships, which must be used for unlimited times in interplanetary&interstellar travel, not just once. Can i find a way to delete it for myself?

7 hours ago, hanhan658 said:

Hi i dont like the Limited ignitions, i know dat is not quite so realistic but it really makes problems for my motherships, which must be used for unlimited times in interplanetary&interstellar travel, not just once. Can i find a way to delete it for myself?

Look in the RealFuels folder for RealSettings.cfg.

Edit that file and look for a line that says 'limitedIgnitions = true'

Change it to 'limitedIgnitions = false'

And the Limited min throttle, i am playing With realism overhaul, during ascent in full throttle all the time it will accellerate the Acceleration while the ship is getting lighter, if i fly faster than 300 m/s in a rocket below 10000 m, the Whole rocket will flip. Also delete it for myself!

Edited by hanhan658

14 minutes ago, hanhan658 said:

And the Limited min throttle, i am playing With realism overhaul, during ascent in full throttle all the time it will accellerate the Acceleration while the ship is getting lighter, if i fly faster than 300 m/s in a rocket, the Whole rocket will flip. Also delete it for myself!

Maybe you have too much thrust then?  You should be able to keep the rocket stable at full throttle just with thrust vectoring for the whole ascent, regardless of throttling.  Even when I don't have RF installed, I rarely touch the throttle during ascents.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to setup a part so it has two ModuleFuelTanks?  Like a large balloon tank with a very small pressurized tank (likely ServiceModule) all built into the same part?  I've tried to do this in a part I'm working on and it sort of works.  But when you "Show UI" it looks like it's trying to combine the two modules (fuel I put into one counts against the volume of the other).

On 4/7/2016 at 8:48 PM, shizzak said:

c915d17a9e.jpg

i recently reinstalled all my mods from ckan, now this happened. What happened?

This should be a reminder that Nathan needs to remove that restriction now that 1.1 is out. Some people might have the pre-release and might want to test Real Fuels. Would not hurt any to get the mod to support those players.

1 hour ago, lextacy said:

This should be a reminder that Nathan needs to remove that restriction now that 1.1 is out. Some people might have the pre-release and might want to test Real Fuels. Would not hurt any to get the mod to support those players.

If you really think is doesn't know that then let me remind you... He is working on the prerelease for squad. He doesn't have extra time that he isn't already spending, not to mention pre release isn't for general play with mods. He likely knows what changes effect to KSP affect the mod, and putting a prerelease out for general player who don't even bug report the base game most likely won't benefit him in anyway. In fact it will probably cause more work. We all get it though. There are new toys are out and you want to have your cake and eat it too. Is 2 weeks really so/too long to wait for modders. God forbid they take anytime after the official release. 

Edited by Svm420