[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [16.1][28.05.2024][Mars Expedition WIP]

Beale

1 hour ago, Richmountain112 said:

It would be nice if the parachute compartment worked like the BDB Kane (Separate node on the side)

I would absolutely love it, but I'll be plain that every attempt has led to disaster + Uber specialized parts that are no fun because of the unique shape and size of the Soyuz hull cutout for chute.

Edited by Beale

8 minutes ago, Beale said:

I would absolutely love it, but I'll be plain that every attempt has led to disaster + Uber specialized parts that are no fun because of the unique shape and size of the Soyuz hull cutout for chute.

What if it could be a part-switch? Have a switch for the normal capsule, and another with the cutout for the parachute?

I usually put a separate decoupler to decouple the Orbital module from the descent module.

Have you actually tried or are you just saying that because it would be a pain in the ass to redo the Soyuz?

Plus it would probably break many craft files. Including mine.

Edited by Richmountain112

8 hours ago, CompetitiveSpycrab said:

What if it could be a part-switch? Have a switch for the normal capsule, and another with the cutout for the parachute?

You can also try to make a recess in the capsule, and install this bulge for the parachute a little to the side of the kerbal's head ?

H0eElq5.png

Retro OM

On 6/9/2023 at 2:04 AM, Richmountain112 said:

I usually put a separate decoupler to decouple the Orbital module from the descent module.

Have you actually tried or are you just saying that because it would be a pain in the ass to redo the Soyuz?

Plus it would probably break many craft files. Including mine.

I have tried.

Edited by Beale

2 hours ago, Richmountain112 said:

I thought TantaresLV came with some decouplers itself. 

It's got inline decouplers but no radial ones, that's left to the player to decide what's best

12 hours ago, Richmountain112 said:

Are there parts for Orel / PTK or the TMK (Mars-Venus flyby spacecraft)?

No.

But Contares has a Orel/PTK-like Spacecraft and Near Future Spacecraft too. As far as I know Contares has parts for TMK.Problem: Contares has another scale so you must adjust it yourself (rescalefactor in .cfg).

4 hours ago, Cheesecake said:
17 hours ago, Richmountain112 said:

Are there parts for Orel / PTK or the TMK (Mars-Venus flyby spacecraft)?

No.

But Contares has a Orel/PTK-like Spacecraft and Near Future Spacecraft too. As far as I know Contares has parts for TMK.Problem: Contares has another scale so you must adjust it yourself (rescalefactor in .cfg).

I could probably cobble together a TMK out of Salyut, TKS, Mir, Soyuz, and ISS parts. I made a stock TMK as well but that didn't fly.

Edited by Richmountain112