[1.12.X] Tantares - Stockalike Soyuz and MIR [26.0][18.12.2023][Things are happening]

Beale

On 3/17/2024 at 10:41 AM, Zyfle said:

Did the control block for Progress-M disappear? When I select "type B" for the Progress core structure style it switches to being padded but the shape of the module stays the same.

that's how it's supposed to be afaik

Edited by KeaKaka
oh llok nwe page again

On 3/17/2024 at 3:25 PM, KeaKaka said:

that's how it's supposed to be afaik

Maybe, but there did used to be a control module for the modern versions of Progress but now I can't find it.

7 hours ago, Zyfle said:

Maybe, but there did used to be a control module for the modern versions of Progress but now I can't find it.

Yeah it got depreciated when the Progress revamp happened a couple of updates ago

Just now, KeaKaka said:

Yeah it got depreciated when the Progress revamp happened a couple of updates ago

Ah dang... hopefully it'll get added back in some form eventually. I like the modern Soyuz/Progress variants.

Any advice on getting the N1-L3 to not break in half on launch? I'm using the included craft file and on loading the rocket bends in half and breaks. I tried to go through and ensure every part connection was correct and referencing the wiki and I can't seem to find what the issue is. Thanks.

49 minutes ago, RamboRoth said:

Any advice on getting the N1-L3 to not break in half on launch? I'm using the included craft file and on loading the rocket bends in half and breaks. I tried to go through and ensure every part connection was correct and referencing the wiki and I can't seem to find what the issue is. Thanks.

I recommend:

You can adjust the strength in the settings.
In general, Joint Reinforcement is recommended for most partmods because of the very large rockets.

Edited by Cheesecake

10 hours ago, RamboRoth said:

I used Auto struts on mine, and it seems to work fine. 

If you decide to try it, set the first stage parts to connect to "root" and the second to upper stages to connect to "heaviest"

Aw man, it looks like a lot of my posts with images are broken here now. That's sad. I don't think i can recover them unfortunately. :(

Edited by Unbreakify

1 hour ago, Unbreakify said:

Aw man, it looks like a lot of my posts with images are broken here now. That's sad. I don't think i can recover them unfortunately. :(

Many people are affected here. Seems to be due to Discord. Apparently there is a restriction that deletes pictures after a certain time.

question...are there plans for more of the space station-related pieces to get IVAs...  just asking because the lack of a visible IVA for the Mir Core/Zvezda is...rather odd.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2024 at 6:19 AM, Sampa said:

question...are there plans for more of the space station-related pieces to get IVAs...  just asking because the lack of a visible IVA for the Mir Core/Zvezda is...rather odd.

I'll do it for $2,000.

Fun experiment to see if I had improved enough (in my other work) to model the VA capsule, door, and hinge for a bit higher quality.

Could be a fun project.

194DOba.png

On 3/28/2024 at 3:19 PM, Sampa said:

вопрос... есть ли планы по получению IVA большего количества деталей, связанных с космической станцией... просто спрашиваю, потому что отсутствие видимой ИВА для ядра "Мир"/"Звезды" - это... довольно странно.

GitHub - AstroWell/Tantares_Patch: Patch for the mod Tantares

Edited by Yaroslav

15 hours ago, Richmountain112 said:

I also want some optimization. 

Tantares, along with several other part mods, is causing my game to take a significant amount of time to load, possibly more than an hour.

An hour!? What hardware are you using?

6 hours ago, Richmountain112 said:

Victus HP gaming laptop. I might be exaggerating but it takes roughly 15-25 minutes to load.

I'm not familiar with that model, but a quick search says it was first released in 2022, so I assume you have a fairly modern CPU, plus a fast SSD not a slow platter hard disk. That leads me to suspect you don't have enough RAM which might be causing your laptop to resort to virtual memory.

1. How much RAM is installed?
  2. When KSP finally does load, how much RAM is your system using?
  3. CPU model?
  4. Is KSP installed on an internal SSD, internal hard drive, or external drive?
Edited by DeadJohn

Posted (edited)
On 4/12/2024 at 1:22 AM, Richmountain112 said:

I also want some optimization. 

Tantares, along with several other part mods, is causing my game to take a significant amount of time to load, possibly more than an hour.

It is literally impossible for me to meaningfully optimise, I'm sorry to tell you (believe me, I would love to).

In most games, 3D models an textures are loaded when required, in blink-of-an-eye intervals when required, you've probably seen this where you go to a new place in a modern game and everything has low-res blurry textures for a moment.
KSP loads everything at once at startup, all at once, in one long process.

@DeadJohn's recommendations are about as good as you will get.

Other way is to prune what you don't need, Tantares is designed so that you can delete each folder inside "Parts", e.g. the "core soyuz" folder, deletes all the soyuz parts.

Not falling off yet:

kAWxw9k.png

Edited by Beale

1 hour ago, Beale said:

Для меня буквально невозможно осмысленно оптимизировать, к сожалению, скажу (поверьте, я бы с удовольствием).

В большинстве игр 3D-модели и текстуры загружаются по мере необходимости, в мгновение ока, когда это необходимо, вы, вероятно, видели это, когда вы отправляетесь в новое место в современной игре, и все на мгновение имеет размытые текстуры с низким разрешением.
KSP загружает все сразу при запуске, все сразу, в одном длинном процессе.

@DeadJohnРекомендации настолько хороши, насколько вы можете получить.

Другой способ - обрезать то, что вам не нужно, Tantares разработан таким образом, что вы можете удалить каждую папку внутри "Parts", например, папку "core soyuz", удаляет все части soyuz.

Пока не отваливаются:

kAWxw9k.png

Are you going back to fashion ? If that's the case, then... It's cool, but still, is it possible to implement LKS from KB Chelomeya..

Edited by Yaroslav

17 minutes ago, Yaroslav said:

Are you going back to fashion ? If that's the case, then... It's cool, but still, is it possible to implement LKS from KB Chelomeya..

Unfortunately I cannot have the time for spaceplanes right now. Maybe one day, who knows.

UmNCpI2.png

eCU4erH.png

T3hGwQb.png

35 minutes ago, Beale said:

К сожалению, сейчас у меня нет времени на космопланы. Может быть, когда-нибудь, кто знает.

UmNCpI2.png

eCU4erH.png

T3hGwQb.png

I understand, well, it's still good, while I'll sketch out the LSK Blueprints, as well as the ...

2 hours ago, Beale said:

IwlNFW4.png

f0UTtUq.png

QYhCTFn.png

6NZKmbD.png

Я не могу обещать, что какой-либо из этих цветов пройдет отбор

cxo88TI.png

S2bKdDL.png

xkHiQCH.png

AcQ6yv9.png

S8R04LH.png

iCrRsRr.png

I like the gray one, and look at the mail.. there’s a lot of stuff there on tks and photos of the world I was looking for.