[1.1.3] Surface Experiment Pack - EVA science for KIS/KAS (v1.4.2 6/30/2016) *Now with less explosions*

AlbertKermin

6 hours ago, PotentiallyHabitable578 said:

Something weird's been going on. On the video, the player uses the plug tool to plug in the AKI power outlets. However, I tried this, and it does not work. Seemingly the only tool that works on the plugs are the screwdrivers. Is this an update to KIS?

Check what version you are using, the screwdriver does work in 1.3.  

SEP not very compatible with RemoteTech :) ,

central station antenna not extend via button by a scientist (solar array extends), only EVA force open/close,

because of this it is impossible to properly transfer the data.

It is necessary to force open and close several times  antenna to transmit data and it does not always work :) .

Central station SPU always show "not connected", even after "EVA set target" for the object within reach.

It seems EXTEND button at the central station does not work,
even without RemoteTech.

Edited by Wuwuk

Just now, davidy12 said:

@AlbertKermin: So are you going to update when we get past the Beta 1.1 release and KIS and KAS are updated.

Yes. I'm a little behind on what I had planned to work on so I'll try and get it cleaned up some time soon so we will be good to go when 1.1 is done.

5 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yes. I'm a little behind on what I had planned to work on so I'll try and get it cleaned up some time soon so we will be good to go when 1.1 is done.

Yeah. I just Dled a dev version of KIS and KAS. I'll see what happens. 

Most likely any mod that uses KIS/KAS is broken, but it's worth a try.

1 hour ago, AlbertKermin said:

Boom? That word makes me nervous :)

Well, KIND of scratch it. It works (science defs n'all) HOWEVER, if I push on it with my Kerbal it pushes it out of the way (the plugs).

On 4/9/2016 at 5:48 PM, davidy12 said:

@CobaltWolf, @AlbertKermin: Some news, it works :D . I just Dled the Dev versions of KAS/KIS and BOOM.

Igorz released dev versions of KIS and KAS 8 hours ago, well atleast he made a post for them at that time. I have yet to find any bugs with this and I have been trying to break it.

I'm perhaps a little late to the game here, but I'm just trying out this excellent mod for the first time. I've got a working set-up and can run the base station self-test and can transmit that data. However, I don't get a right click menu at all on any of the other parts. I've tried with an engineer and a scientist (both just level o though).

I'm on Windows 64-bit, so I'm guessing I'm not officially supported and that could be the reason that it's bugging, but I just thought I'd check in case I'm missing anything obvious?

On 4/10/2016 at 7:08 AM, Warezcrawler said:

But shouldn't the mod be moves to the released section if it is in a released state?

The mod is still under (somewhat) active development - I just get easily distracted by my other projects which means I don't get a lot done for this one. Once we feel it is 'done' and just needs to be maintained, it will be moved.

By the way, on that note, next time I'm streaming over at the BDB thread, someone yell at me to work on SEP stuff for a bit. I feel guilty for constantly forgetting this mod. :P 

On 4/10/2016 at 7:30 PM, 500Motels said:

Equipment status is nominal. Greetings from the east crater!

Awesome screenshot, and very cool rover!

On 4/11/2016 at 11:31 AM, CraveMode said:

Igorz released dev versions of KIS and KAS 8 hours ago, well atleast he made a post for them at that time. I have yet to find any bugs with this and I have been trying to break it. 

Great! @AlbertKermin leads a very busy life, and I don't have as much time as I'd like to work on KSP stuff. It's good to know that things seem to work on your end but I'm not particularly rushing to get a release out until everything settles down post-1.1 release.

34 minutes ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

I'm perhaps a little late to the game here, but I'm just trying out this excellent mod for the first time. I've got a working set-up and can run the base station self-test and can transmit that data. However, I don't get a right click menu at all on any of the other parts. I've tried with an engineer and a scientist (both just level o though).

I'm on Windows 64-bit, so I'm guessing I'm not officially supported and that could be the reason that it's bugging, but I just thought I'd check in case I'm missing anything obvious?

Are you running 1.1? In which case, do you have the latest development build of DMagic Science Animate? You can grab it from this thread. Also, @CraveMode, are you running the most recent version as well?

@cyberpunkdreams if you're not on 1.1 then I am not sure what the issue would be. The other parts all run using DMSA so an incompatibility related to that is likely part of the cause.

25 minutes ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

@CobaltWolf Thanks for the very speedy reply. I'm in KSP 1.05, with everything installed via CKAN. Unless it randomly sorts itself out, I'll probably just wait until the full 1.1 release, as 64-bit may be the culprit...

Yeah I think that might be it. Manually installing the 1.0.5 release of DMSA from the thread I linked may help but otherwise I don't know.

EDIT: Also welcome to the forums!

Edited by CobaltWolf

5 hours ago, cyberpunkdreams said:

Do you have the Dmagic Orbital Sciences plugin installed? Because that sounds like a problem with it.

Also, welcome to the forums!

Edited by AlbertKermin

@CobaltWolf @AlbertKermin Thanks again for the fast responses, and for the welcome! I've actually been meaning to join for ages, but not being able to find this particular problem already discussed forced my hand ;).

Anyway, my game has started acting a bit weirdly in other ways, so I guess it's time for a reinstall. I do have all the DMagic dependencies already installed though (as well as DMagic Orbital Science -- great mod!). If the reinstall doesn't fix it I'll report back on the off chance that I might have uncovered something interesting ;)

One of my favorite mods was AlbertKerman's Munar Surface Experiment Pack.  Now that I'm using pre-release 1.1, I hope to use this mod as well (although, unfortunately, I've already worked through most of the tech tree in career mode).  So, science gained will be just for the fun of it.

Edited by Apollo13