[1.4.1] Kerbal Construction Time 1.4.0.69 (2018-03-24) - Unrapid Planned Assembly

magico13

On 29/02/2016 at 3:41 PM, magico13 said:

I believe it normally gets auto-created when you launch from the editor (not positive that it does when you launch from the Space Center), so the best place would be when simulating or when building. When you build a vessel, you can always edit it and then save it prior to launch. And when launching there's a hidden temp.craft file that gets generated. I could easily rename and move that temp.craft file to be the autosaved craft.

Where would people prefer an autosaved craft?

1) When simulating
2) When building
3) When launching
4) Somewhere else
5) A combo of the above
6) A combo of the above, but with different names (Auto-Simulate.craft, Auto-Build.craft, Auto-Launch.craft, etc)
7) It isn't needed, so nowhere

I`d vote for option 6. I use craft versioning with Jebretary and so as long as a craft gets saved somehow it`s all OK. Often lately running RO I simulate and have a crash when ending the simulation or reverting it to launchpad and so nothing is saved.

On 3/8/2016 at 7:32 PM, magico13 said:

That's really strange. KCT doesn't really do much in flight so I'm not sure what's going on there. I'll take a quick look at the log and will let you know if I see anything helpful.

Edit: Nope, definitely a KCT related issue. It's running into an error when trying to figure out how much time launchpad reconditioning should take because of the kerbal in the chair (it converts the vessel back to a craft file, but the kerbal in the chair is unsupported). I'll see if I can try to come up with something really quick. Edit 2: try this .dll and let me know if it avoids the problem (it doesn't fix it, it should just catch the error and avoid it)

Unrelated:

Small update to 1.3.2. It's just a hotfix that @NathanKell threw together to fix an issue regarding vessel size limitations in the spaceplane hangar. If you're not using the SPH then there's no rush to update. Next full update will be for 1.1. I might not get a chance to really add anything new though for that update, but I'll try to get some bug fixes in. The next few months are going to be busy (writing a Masters Thesis, graduating, moving, getting married, and starting a new job all by the start of July).

The new dll seems to have fixed the problem. The fact that the problem dealt with launchpad reconditioning explains why I later discovered it didn't apply to the planes I was making.

Thanks for the quick fix. Is that fix in 1.3.2?

So playing I`m playing a RP-0 career and I used to have two craft being constructed at one time but after updating RO RP-0 and KCT I can now only build one.

I`m not sure which update caused the change but I`m not too bothered by only being able to build one, although two was handy, the thing is I spent quite a few upgrade points upgrading the second slot and now they are gone.

RP-0 is quite wonderfully unforgiving and I would like to spend those points elsewhere if I can.

Is there a way to reset my points allocation from scratch and reassign my upgrade points?

15 minutes ago, John FX said:

Is there a way to reset my points allocation from scratch and reassign my upgrade points?

That's dependent on the Preset. There should be an option to reset the points in the Upgrades GUI, but the Preset may have disabled it. If you want to get around that, you can change the "UpgradeResetFormula" to "0", reset the upgrades, then reselect the proper Preset. I think that'd be plenty fair after what appears to be a possible bug.

4 minutes ago, magico13 said:

That's dependent on the Preset. There should be an option to reset the points in the Upgrades GUI, but the Preset may have disabled it. If you want to get around that, you can change the "UpgradeResetFormula" to "0", reset the upgrades, then reselect the proper Preset. I think that'd be plenty fair after what appears to be a possible bug.

It`s not a bug, they reduced the slots on purpose so the basic VAB gets 1 slot and the tier 2 one gets 2 (instead of 2 and 4). I`m hoping that if I upgrade my VAB I`ll get my second slot already partly upgraded.

"Lower number of build rates (in KCT) per facility tier to 1/2/3 not 2/4/6, tweak KCT rates."

Odd, I edited my post to say that I found that line in the RP-0 changelog...

Thanks for the reply, I`l try that if I have problems later.

Edited by John FX

42 minutes ago, John FX said:

I`m hoping that if I upgrade my VAB I`ll get my second slot already partly upgraded.

You should. The points are still there, but the formula returns a negative. Most likely that's just by multiplying the result by negative one and as soon as you upgrade it will instead multiply by positive one, and all the points will be applied in full.

Let me know if you run into any troubles with it though.

Good luck on the thesis @magico13, and congratulations on your forthcoming nuptials! Ever since KCT was released, it has been essential for my style of playthrough, and it works amazingly well with BROKE providing funding in a save with heavily nerfed contract rewards. Thank you so much for everything you do for KSP.

21 hours ago, magico13 said:

Unfortunately no, I put 1.3.2 out first. But that development .DLL contains the 1.3.2 fix in it. 

No problem, I just wanted to know which version was the latest. I'll stick with the dev version for now.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

congrats on the upcoming wedding.   If you could take 5 minutes to read the README4MODDERS file in the latest KRASH and let me know what you would like to see so you can remove the sim code in KCT, that would be great.  

LGG 

I looked through some of the stuff when you updated, but just read through that file. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would need to be changed since you seem to be providing plenty of options. Thanks for all your work on that. When the 1.1 update comes I'll likely disable the KCT sim code by default (but leave it as an option for a little while) and advise everyone to switch over to KRASH.

8 minutes ago, magico13 said:

I looked through some of the stuff when you updated, but just read through that file. I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would need to be changed since you seem to be providing plenty of options. Thanks for all your work on that. When the 1.1 update comes I'll likely disable the KCT sim code by default (but leave it as an option for a little while) and advise everyone to switch over to KRASH.

That's great!

Working on getting ships to start landed and upright, other than that (and some bug fixes) will be waiting untill 1.1

Z8mH8A9.jpg

So ran into an issue today with the launch button disappearing. this would be the 3rd launch of this rocket, but when I rolled it out to the pad, all I get is rollback. no launch. Has anyone ever seen this before? Can provide logs if needed.

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

Z8mH8A9.jpg

So ran into an issue today with the launch button disappearing. this would be the 3rd launch of this rocket, but when I rolled it out to the pad, all I get is rollback. no launch. Has anyone ever seen this before? Can provide logs if needed.

Logs would help. Maybe the save file as well. Try switching to the launchpad that it's rolled out to? Or is the modifier key (alt) being held down on accident? That would definitely cause that. Have you restarted KSP?

1 hour ago, John FX said:

Interesting news about KRASH. Is it something that would play well with KCT currently so I could become used to it?

It should! I haven't actually sat down to test it though. I haven't started KSP in about two months

2 hours ago, magico13 said:

Logs would help. Maybe the save file as well. Try switching to the launchpad that it's rolled out to? Or is the modifier key (alt) being held down on accident? That would definitely cause that. Have you restarted KSP?

Sorry forgot to come back and mention that it cleared itself after a restart. my bad. :blush: had a family thing come up suddenly and forgot all about it.

1 hour ago, vardicd said:

Sorry forgot to come back and mention that it cleared itself after a restart. my bad. :blush: had a family thing come up suddenly and forgot all about it.

No worries. I'm guessing the modifier key got stuck on somehow since that would cause the "launch" to be replaced by "roll back".

I`ve just noticed that I have a craft on the pad ready to launch but I wanted to launch a different one and roll it back but there is not a button to rollout the craft in storage, just an option to launch the craft on the pad.

Is this a planned thing when using RO/RP-0?

(should I be asking this in the RP-0 thread?)

I notice if I build a second pad I get the rollout option on stored craft but I can`t rollback any already on the pads.

Edited by John FX

5 minutes ago, eberkain said:

If the craft is already spawned into the world, they you will have to use the recover active vessel option. 

It`s not spawned, just ready to launch in KCT. I just built a few more pads to get around the issue.

Edited by John FX

3 hours ago, John FX said:

I`ve just noticed that I have a craft on the pad ready to launch but I wanted to launch a different one and roll it back but there is not a button to rollout the craft in storage, just an option to launch the craft on the pad.

Is this a planned thing when using RO/RP-0?

(should I be asking this in the RP-0 thread?)

I notice if I build a second pad I get the rollout option on stored craft but I can`t rollback any already on the pads.

When multiple launchpads were added I changed it so you can only have one rollout or rollback active on any one pad. You can rollback a craft by either holding the modifier key (the "launch" button changes to "roll back" as seen in @vardicd's post above) or by selecting the "*" button and choosing "roll back".

3 minutes ago, magico13 said:

When multiple launchpads were added I changed it so you can only have one rollout or rollback active on any one pad. You can rollback a craft by either holding the modifier key (the "launch" button changes to "roll back" as seen in @vardicd's post above) or by selecting the "*" button and choosing "roll back".

Ah, I see. That makes sense. So the modifier key on a PC would be Alt?

5 minutes ago, John FX said:

Ah, I see. That makes sense. So the modifier key on a PC would be Alt?

Correct. Alt on Windows, right-shift on Linux, and something else on mac. I've never played KSP on a mac but I'm assuming it's still alt.

Whichever key you use to physics warp and transfer fuel.