[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

2 minutes ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

i mean does mechjeb work with this mod

Someone made a patch for Mechjeb that makes it work with all command modules and probe cores, instead of just the two parts that come with Mechjeb (one is a conical probe core with landing legs, which has catastrophic results as soon as the vessel loads on the launchpad in 1.1.x; the other is a radially-attached probe core... chip... thing... which cannot be the first part on a vessel and cannot be places in such a way as to prevent navball shenanigans)

I'm not sure if Mechjeb has been updated for 1.2.0 yet, but once it's available the patch I mentioned should work.

1 minute ago, King Something said:

Someone made a patch for Mechjeb that makes it work with all command modules and probe cores, instead of just the two parts that come with Mechjeb (one is a conical probe core with landing legs, which has catastrophic results as soon as the vessel loads on the launchpad in 1.1.x; the other is a radially-attached probe core... chip... thing... which cannot be the first part on a vessel and cannot be places in such a way as to prevent navball shenanigans)

I'm not sure if Mechjeb has been updated for 1.2.0 yet, but once it's available the patch I mentioned should work.

well theres a dev build of mechjeb for 1.2

Just now, Program Kerbal Space said:

well theres a dev build of mechjeb for 1.2

The MechJeb For All patch isn't made by the same guy who makes MJ. It is a MM patch, and will work as long as you have MJ installed.

MJ proper has the two probe cores I mentioned and the Mech Jeb module, which is what has those fancy windows that tell you the orbit info and the remaining DV and whatnot. The patch adds the module to all command parts, manned and unmanned, so that you can use it in a B9 cockpit.

1 minute ago, King Something said:

The MechJeb For All patch isn't made by the same guy who makes MJ. It is a MM patch, and will work as long as you have MJ installed.

MJ proper has the two probe cores I mentioned and the Mech Jeb module, which is what has those fancy windows that tell you the orbit info and the remaining DV and whatnot. The patch adds the module to all command parts, manned and unmanned, so that you can use it in a B9 cockpit.

where do i get this patch

13 minutes ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

WHY IS THERE A NYAN CAT IN THE LOADING SCREEN! HOW DO I REMOVE IT! SO SP00KY

It's a joke added by sarbian to Module Manager.  It'll go away November 1st.

It MAY show up again April 1st (April Fool's Day), as that was the origin of the joke.

Edit: Personally, I've been enjoying it, and will be sorry to see it go.

Edited by MaxxQ

2 hours ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

where do i get this patch

Why do you even want it? Just place the AR202 part that comes with MJ in your plane's cargobay or something. That's what I did when I was still using MechJeb (kOS is the far superior autopilot mod gameplay-wise)

1 hour ago, Program Kerbal Space said:

how do i know if parts are missing because i heard parts went missing sometimes (yes im paranoid)

I'm not sure we understand the question.

If you are worried about installing a mod an not seein all its parts in game. You can open the parts folder for a given mod and open each cfg with Notepad++ for every part, read the part name. And then search for each part one at a time in game. Seems kinda like overkill. But, what is it you think you are missing?

1 hour ago, V8jester said:

I'm not sure we understand the question.

If you are worried about installing a mod an not seein all its parts in game. You can open the parts folder for a given mod and open each cfg with Notepad++ for every part, read the part name. And then search for each part one at a time in game. Seems kinda like overkill. But, what is it you think you are missing?

ill do that thx! (welp i better get popcorn while i do this -_-) 

Edited by Program Kerbal Space

On 10/29/2016 at 6:26 PM, MaxRebo said:

What exactly is supposed to happen if you do? I've been pruning stock tanks in favor of procedurals for some time now and I've yet to experience any negative side effects...

stock parts are the one thing mods expect everyone to have, so there are certain mods out there that'll use a stock part asset or few and not really make any note of it because there's no reason why it shouldn't be there. So it can at time have unintended consequences. But if you know what you're doing, then when that happens it's easy to look in the log and see what stock asset you need to chuck back in... so yea just not a thing you want to have people doing in general. I know you can take care of it tho so not saying anything against you.

Edited by Drew Kerman

6 hours ago, Drew Kerman said:

so there are certain mods out there that'll use a stock part asset or few and not really make any note of it because there's no reason why it shouldn't be there

I've been wondering about that actually. Do assets become invisible when they're never referenced in a config node? Or is Unity registering everything it finds lying around in the folders KSP tells it to look in for stuff? If a mod just references stock assets in its cfg it shouldn't be a problem either way since then they are referenced in a config node. But it might make a difference if you're pruning mainly to save on memory - in that case MM patches wouldn't do any good and you'd have to start renaming file extensions of stuff. It's something I wanted to investigate but never got around to...

The only instance I can think of where MM prunes might be an issue is when mods want to make a modified copy of a stock part (say, a CLS-enabled fuel tank). But that a) can be easily worked around by making the prune :FINAL and b) they kind of inherit the undesirability of their parent part... but I certainly do acknowledge after all this talking about it that it's not something you should carelessly advice unsavvy players to do.

Like you said, a certain experience in modding KSP is required to start removing parts and editing those that are not "quite right" with MM patches. But, in the end, the log file is your friend to see if everything is working as intended! :wink:

Hey, i can't have acces to some parts like the cockpits and i can't change the fuel tanks for the parts which are in the structural tab

Can somebody help me?

Edited by lilbat
Being polite doesn't hurt

2 hours ago, lilbat said:

Hey, i can't have acces to some parts like the cockpits and i can't change the fuel tanks for the parts which are in the structural tab

Can somebody help me?

Try reinstalling B9 and all of its dependencies from scratch.  If that doesn't work, please read "how to get support" in my signature - it will tell you how to find and upload KSP's log.  Based on that I can probably see what's wrong.