[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

17 hours ago, Flashblade said:

Oh yeah right and there is an issue reported with RPM already. I guess waiting is the better approach. As for struts, do we even need them anymore since there is auto-strutting now? Should we put this to popular opinion?

16 hours ago, blowfish said:

They are certainly much less necessary now.  At the very least, maybe they should be moved to legacy.  Thoughts?

I'm honestly a bit baffled at all the votes for moving to legacy. There's bound to be the eventual contraption when auto-struts will fail horribly. And when that happens, manual struts will be a godsend. Not to mention that they can be used for aesthetics in addition to functionality. All this has got to be part of the reason why Squad didn't remove the stock struts either.

Edited by MaxRebo

blowish, i tried applying a current B9 part tree from Github and got an error with a saved craft - it says both that B9.Body.Mk1.Nosecone.Short and B9.Body.Mk1.Fuselage.100m are absent.

The engine flame from dual-mode engines is absent, just like in 1.1

I hope it helps.

Did they have truly change the entire part tree? What would happen to any non-stock craft then?

@_Astra_ Well both those parts are there for me, and I didn't rename them, so the issue is probably on your end.  If you don't know how to figure out why they're not showing up, you should probably stick to release versions.

The engine flame also shows up for me.  It's only in the secondary mode.  And you need a working copy of Smokescreen.

To my knowledge, nothing about the tech tree has changed.

On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎18 at 11:13 AM, blowfish said:

@_Astra_ Well both those parts are there for me, and I didn't rename them, so the issue is probably on your end.  If you don't know how to figure out why they're not showing up, you should probably stick to release versions.

The engine flame also shows up for me.  It's only in the secondary mode.  And you need a working copy of Smokescreen.

To my knowledge, nothing about the tech tree has changed.

That would explain why the M27 cockpit isn't showing up.  I get the exact same problem @_Astra_ is getting.
I got the M27 cockpit part and all of B9 folders (since everything is scattered in many places) and yet it refuses to show up even when I have the correct nodes unlocked.

Don't know why it's happening and was not able to fix it myself.

Edited by Francois424

Hi Blowfish,

I wanted to let you know I think found a conflict in the tech tree between B9 and KSPI. I have this issue of a double experimental rocketry node when running KSPI_E and they tell me the conflict exist because of a legacy node from B9 in the CTT. I do not know how you guys normally coordinate with each other for a spot in the community resources, but I just wanted to let you know and hope you can work it out.

I understand you have a 1.2 release upcoming? Looking forward to using B9 again!!

Thanks in advance, Dr. Scarlett

Here are images of the behavior and a link to my log.

Node1.png

Node2.png

My KSP log

1 hour ago, DrScarlett said:

Hi Blowfish,

I wanted to let you know I think found a conflict in the tech tree between B9 and KSPI. I have this issue of a double experimental rocketry node when running KSPI_E and they tell me the conflict exist because of a legacy node from B9 in the CTT. I do not know how you guys normally coordinate with each other for a spot in the community resources, but I just wanted to let you know and hope you can work it out.

I understand you have a 1.2 release upcoming? Looking forward to using B9 again!!

Thanks in advance, Dr. Scarlett

Here are images of the behavior and a link to my log.

My KSP log

Thanks for the log!  I can tell you immediately that it's not B9.  That node is only in the HX pack, and then only if you don't have CTT.  It looks like (though I'm not 100% sure) that KW Rocketry and KSP Interstellar are both trying to add that node but aren't aware of each other.  You might get the same issue if you have B9 HX and KSPI though.  Things get complicated when you have many mods all trying to add the same node - they all have to be aware of each other and respect a certain order.  @linuxgurugamer @FreeThinker any thoughts on this?

The 1.2 release is indeed in progress.  Pretty much the only thing I'm still waiting on is a real release version of RasterPropMonitor (the current release is marked as a prerelease).  Though I might still make a few tweaks to B9 if that takes a while.

12 minutes ago, blowfish said:

-snip-

Oh, so it's related to the HX pack? I had the same issue from a long time and was waiting for B9 to be updated to report it. 

Weird thing, in 1.1.3 I had it with B9 but without HX. Was it fixed in the meantime?

Just so I understand, what is B9 HX?

FreeThinker sent me to Linuxgurugamer, then Nansuchao sent me to you, and you say it is not B9. I still have no clue where that second node is coming from, I cannot for the life of me find it. It vexes me :) 

I can find this one (and only this one) in KSPI_CTT.cfg:

RDNode
	{
		id = experimentalRocketry
		title = Experimental Rocketry
		description = Don't take "experimental" lightly.
		cost = 1000
		hideEmpty = False
		nodeName = ct_experimentalRocketry
		anyToUnlock = True
		icon = RDicon_rocketry-experimental
		pos = -927,1635,-1
		scale = 0.6
		Parent
		{
			parentID = veryHeavyRocketry
			lineFrom = RIGHT
			lineTo = LEFT
		}
	}

and I can find these two in my module manager tech tree config:

RDNode
	{
		description = Don't take "experimental" lightly.
		cost = 1000
		hideEmpty = False
		nodeName = ct_experimentalRocketry
		anyToUnlock = True
		icon = RDicon_rocketry-experimental
		pos = -927,1635,-1
		scale = 0.6
		Parent
		{
			lineFrom = RIGHT
			lineTo = LEFT
		}
	}
RDNode
	{
		description = The closer the top of your rocket is to the stars on the launchpad, the easier it is to reach them. Well, that's the theory.
		cost = 1000
		hideEmpty = False
		nodeName = node8_experimentalRocketry
		anyToUnlock = False
		icon = RDicon_rocketry-veryHeavy
		pos = -952,1635,-1
		scale = 0.6
		Parent
		{
			lineFrom = RIGHT
			lineTo = LEFT
		}
		Parent
		{
			parentID = highPerformanceFuelSystems
			lineFrom = RIGHT
			lineTo = LEFT
		}
	}

And I do not have the CTT installed as a mod separately. Perplexed :) 

They have different icons and different parentage and different node names, so they show up as different nodes. - luckily they are not in the same position, hehehe.

Edited by DrScarlett

It appeared that the extra node was coming from Community Tech Tree.  At least, the node I saw which he posted was from there.

Thinking about it, though, it probably wasn't, since KW doesn't insert it's node if CTT is there, so it must be coming from somewhere else.

@DrScarlett please zip up your entire GameData directory and get it to me, I have some tools which will help me find the bad node.

35 minutes ago, blowfish said:

KWRocketry/KWCommunityFixes/KWPatch.cfg

@blowfish This is in KWPatch, the other two from WarpPlugin came up empty. Would this qualify? Looks like it...

There are also a bunch of dependent parts that only appear if I turn on KW Rocketry. This would also explain the behavior of not seeing the double node when I uninstall KW Rocketry. Note the dependance of the RDNode on B9 Aerospace HX CTT, which I do not have installed anymore. Don't even think I ever had the HX part at all. But i get the node anyway. So that's weird again. Some type of caching by the module manager maybe? 

@linuxgurugamer If this is not it, I will send you my zipped gamedata.Heck i will do it anyway.

@TechTree
{
	RDNode:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree&!B9?Aerospace?HX]
	{
		description = The closer the top of your rocket is to the stars on the launchpad, the easier it is to reach them. Well, that's the theory.
		cost = 1000
		hideEmpty = False
		anyToUnlock = False
		pos = -952,1635,-1
		scale = 0.6
		Parent
		{
			lineFrom = RIGHT
			lineTo = LEFT
		}
		Parent
		{
			lineFrom = RIGHT
			lineTo = LEFT
		}
	}

@RDNode:HAS[#id[experimentalRocketry]]:AFTER[B9?Aerospace?HX]:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree&B9?Aerospace?HX]
	{
		Parent
		{
			lineFrom = RIGHT
			lineTo = LEFT
		}
	}
}

The problem is in the mod KSPI, in the file:

GameData/WarpPlugin/Patches/KSPI_CTT.cfg

It blithely adds a number of RDNodes which seem to have been taken from the Community Tech Tree, without even checking to see if any of the nodes exist.  Since it is not CTT, the patch in KWRocketry isn't aware of it, and therefore you end up with two  nodes for experimentalRocketry.

So, for now, the thing to do is to edit the file:  KWRocketry/KWCommunityFixes/KWPatch.cfg

and delete the following section:

RDNode:NEEDS[!CommunityTechTree&!B9?Aerospace?HX]
	{
		cost = 1000
		hideEmpty = False
		anyToUnlock = False
		pos = -952,1635,-1
		scale = 0.6
		Parent
		{
			lineFrom = RIGHT
			lineTo = LEFT
		}
		Parent
		{
			lineFrom = RIGHT
			lineTo = LEFT
		}
	}

This will solve your immediate problem, I need to research this warpplugin and figure out what to do to fix.

FYI, it's soon going to be somewhat incompatible with CTT itself, there are changes coming to cTT

Edited by linuxgurugamer

Hiyas @linuxgurugamer, @FreeThinker and @blowfish thanks for that. And for checking out my mods Linux.

I don't think I will start hacking my mods, I just like it when things work as intended and I'm trying to to put in a bit of effort. For a longer term solution, would you advise installing Roverdude's CTT mod if/when it pops up in CKAN? Will you guys be fully aligned with the CTT?

'cuz I was wondering, and don't take this the wrong way, isn't the idea of a managed communal resource pool (that's what the Community stuff is, no?) to facilitate the use of those resources and give it some structure, in stead of you guys having to duke it out between yourselves? Then again, if someone isn't happy with the resources and decides to wing it... 

From my user perspective, I'd prefer the clean approach *taking cover* 

Well, KSPI is breaking the rules by including the  CTT stuff, therefore breaking everything which depends on those nodes being in CTT.  I would go complain in the KSPI thread about this.  I really don't want to start hacking my configs because another mod is  misbehaving.

6 minutes ago, DrScarlett said:

'cuz I was wondering, and don't take this the wrong way, isn't the idea of a managed communal resource pool (that's what the Community stuff is, no?) to facilitate the use of those resources and give it some structure, in stead of you guys having to duke it out between yourselves? Then again, if someone isn't happy with the resources and decides to wing it... 

KSPI is "winging it"

FYI, I found the right way to update KW for this, so as soon as I do another release, your problem will go away.

but, please complain in the KSPI thread about this, it's an annoyance and a waste of time.

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

KSPI is "winging it"

5 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I would go complain in the KSPI thread about this.

I do tend to agree with that assessment, tentatively, because I am afraid I will tick @FreeThinker off. I love his mod, as I do yours. I really don't want to get involved and start slinging mud :( I was intentionally not pointing at anyone in my previous post. I'll leave it at this and hope it has been enough.

Again, thanks all four of you (incl @Nansuchao) for all the help. Really appreciate your space work and efforts!

I was looking for RCS blocks that run off "intake air"  and was told B9 had some...  unfortunately B9 is not ready for 1.2,   does anybody use these?  and if so do you know of another mod source for an Intake Air powered RCS thruster?

4 hours ago, Bit Fiddler said:

I was looking for RCS blocks that run off "intake air"  and was told B9 had some...  unfortunately B9 is not ready for 1.2,   does anybody use these?  and if so do you know of another mod source for an Intake Air powered RCS thruster?

QuizTechAeroPack: http://spacedock.info/mod/836/QuizTechAeroPackContinued