[1.2.1] Outer Planets Mod (2.1) - Active development has moved, see first post for new thread

CaptRobau

Ugh, I can't remember if this has any dependencies. I can't find any in the description but I want to be sure.

DMSP, hoping there are no dependencies so I can send a base there and make OPM help with my AAR.

Long sign off....

Everything you need to play the mod is included in the download. There are a bunch of mods supported by OPM (if you have them installed) and third-party mods made for OPM (such as AVP, KSPRC, etc. configs to add clouds and what not). It's all in the forum thread's OP.

When will you start the conversion to pure Kopernicus? Me me and KillAshley already work on converting out Kerbol Plus to a new revamped beautiful version for pure Kopernicus. I'm still waiting for custom ocean textures though, in order to make a lava planet.

I've been working on that ever since Kopernicus Pure's first public prerelease and have combined it with Urlum's biomes and the fourth moon, Tal. It's a slow process since I have little free time, Eudae55 can't contribute at the moment (RL stuff) and I want to get it to the same quality as previous releases. I also need to wait for the official release of prerelease 1.7, which I need for a couple of things to work.

Owersome man! Take your time please! I also wait for 1.7 until I'll add the lava planet since by then custom oceans would be possible. A question: what texture editing programmes do you use? I use GIMP and Space Engine. I make my textures colonising height maps exported from space Engine and then, my partner KillAshley polishes them and applies the normal over the resulted color map to give it an even better 3d effect. It's almost the same tactic that Eudae is using. I know he's using World Machine but it's just too complicated for me...

Hi,

As a side note might as well wait for KSP 1.0 next week...I anticipate NO problems with OPM/Kopernicus but who knows...I also have AVP installed but it is taking up 500megs so I am trying to cut parts out to make it fit; now with KSP1.0 that will be problematic again but I expect no major problems.

Zeta

Astronomers visual Pack is not compatible with OPM

I wanted both as well and debugged proved it was AVP causing the problems

I got past the crashes and ended up with beautiful inner planets and no outer ones, so even if you get it working there will be no OPM

AVP Edge of Oblivion and AVP Interstellar are running fine on my system with OPM. Have you tried KSP with OpenGL?

Edited by Eleusis La Arwall
Better answered by CaptRobau below

Hi all!

Does OPM require Kopernicus?

Yes, but it doesn't need to be downloaded separately (everything you need to play the mod is in the download). Also don't download and overwrite OPMs Kopernicus with the latest version of Kopernicus as those are incompatible. The next update will be fully compatible with the recent version of Kopernicus, but for now just download OPM and nothing else.

AVP Edge of Oblivion and AVP Interstellar are running fine on my system with OPM. Have you tried KSP with OpenGL?

I run on Linux 64 bit, I have no need for any of the memory tricks or FPS problems

OPenGL will just make my FPS rate crappy, right now even with lots of parts and all the mods I have installed I get no fps lag, so why mess with it

I run on Linux 64 bit, I have no need for any of the memory tricks or FPS problems

OPenGL will just make my FPS rate crappy, right now even with lots of parts and all the mods I have installed I get no fps lag, so why mess with it

If you're running on Linux, you already are using OpenGL (DirectX is windows-only)

Now that I have more time for the moment I'll try to finally add a planet for the wiki. It has been delayed for a long time because of RL stuff.

I also started working on the regolith configs so it will be compatible with its 1.0 release.

Can't wait for 1.0 :confused::cool:

Looks like something affecting the .bin files in KittopiaSpace/ScaledSpace. Have you redownloaded the mod?
@CaptRobau he overwrote the kopernicustech kittopia folder with KSPRC's (which uses normal kittopiatech) and it screwed it up for him

I did get it fixed but what *really* happened was...OPM and KSPRC have different folder names for the plugin. One has a lowercase P and the other has a Capital P. Linux is always the red-headed stepchild...no one ever pays attention to the little things :)

So KittopiaTech had 2 plugin directories....but I think the real issue was the new plugin with KSPRC did in fact kill the shapes of Wal and Ovok, I just kept the old plugin (With the Capital P)

:)

I went back quite a few pages and did not notice this question being asked, but I will apologize in advanced if it has been asked before. Is it normal for the main title menu to be skipped after loading this this pack and all its dependencies?

I assume you mean the one with Settings, Start Game, etc.? No.

There are mods that are meant to do that, go directly to a save file of your choosing (useful for people who mod a lot or always use the same save file). Maybe you installed something like that once and forgot about it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.