[1.1.x] KSPX - Kerbal Stock Part eXpansion mod reposted v0.2.10.1 | 20/4/16

stupid_chris

SinceClairaLyrae is working for Squad AND is on leave, and as this pack gets ever-smaller whenever Squad adds these part to the game, perhaps some new parts?

Perhaps the radial drogue chute should be re-added, or was that another mod?

What if this became something like nova-punch, except for stockalike parts?

I doubt, there's not much stock alike part packs, and most of the others are still being managed.

That is great to hear! :)

I'm still working on the plugin, I'm currently blocked over the animation process, but once I get this together and get a working releasable version I'll make a WIP thread.

Not to spoil anything but I'm currently working on a mod, and its pretty much about parachutes. This will be included :wink:

That I'd be interested in. I'll keep an eye open for that.

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/radial-mo...gue-parachute/

Will have to be updated for .22 though, but that should be easy.

Thanks KerbMav, I'll tinker with it :)

Can you make solid rocket boosters that are similar the the ones in Captain Slug's old pack?

You'd want to check NovaPunch for that. The author of the mod has been hired by Squad and no longer works on this mod, I'm simply keeping it updated through the versions.

• 3 weeks later...

I've noticed that the Escape Tower burns for a very short time. Statistically, 100 % of all LES activations that weren't tests happened before rocket takeoff, and when you activate the LES in this pack while on the launchpad, you aren't always lifted high enough that you can activate the parachutes before hitting the ground, especially with Stupid_Chris' RealChute mod. It'd be nice if some more fuel - up to five times as much, it would still be able to lift the command pod away - could be packed in.

I've noticed that the Escape Tower burns for a very short time. Statistically, 100 % of all LES activations that weren't tests happened before rocket takeoff, and when you activate the LES in this pack while on the launchpad, you aren't always lifted high enough that you can activate the parachutes before hitting the ground, especially with Stupid_Chris' RealChute mod. It'd be nice if some more fuel - up to five times as much, it would still be able to lift the command pod away - could be packed in.

LES burn times are extremely short, usually in the time of a few seconds, like for the one in question here. I think it's more of a question of thrust in that case. When I played with it, a single mk1-2 pod with a dockingport and a few radials got lifted well high enough. If you're lifting anything else, you might want to up your thrust a little. This is mostly case by case, and since this isn't my work, I'd rather not touch such values. I think you'd much rather do that modification yourself.

whats with claira? her account got whiped out, or something

No, she simply works for Squad now, although she currently is on leave for her studies.

If you're going to use an LES system, its best if you can configure the tower to just lift the command pod.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.