Astro's Kopernicus Planets

Astrofox

What would you want in the planet pack?  

185 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in the planet pack?

• more moons
    • more planets
    • "lagrange point" moons/planets
    • rings
    • cubic planetary system
    • more moons around stock planets
    • other, and just post a comment asking for what you wish.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

It may make a comeback, but the main reason I dropped it was due to the fact that it became to large to work on. Combine that with the fact that I typically stay away from KSP during the normal school year and development eventually ceased.

However, the files are still somewhere on my computer, and I might go back to developing the planets.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, it is time to revive this pack and give it a proper release.

For this to happen, I must call all the developers who have helped me in the construction of this insanely large mod...

I shall call all in the next post...

@amarius1

@MrHappyFace

@Nansuchao

@Hammersamatom

@Thomas P.

@Sylandro

@Jebby2

@TheJewelOfJool

@Pkmniako

@MrChumley

@Sigma88

God, that took a while to type in.

Also, this is from the list of people that I've compiled so far in the mod license (and special thanks) file that I've got.

You've done something: continue the development of Kopernicus.

It's been a while since I've looked through the thread, but I could've sworn you've helped with some stuff other than just keeping Kopernicus up.

Wow there's a lot of bugs. I guess that's what I get for skipping development for two or three ksp versions (from 1.1.2... to 1.3).

Let me give some basic descriptions of the bugs detected so far:

-My God it's full of stars

-Weird bug that "derails" some planets/moons and spacecraft during timewarp

-Some planets have just look like they came straight from Minecraft or a DFT gone horribly wrong...

Yeah, time to upload the files and see if anyone can help.

Don't worry too much.

By the way, hyperedit caused the horrifying cubic mush. Apparently, it can be solved by just exiting to the tracking station and then returning to the flight. That's one bug crushed (worked around), and within the first 24 hours of starting this back up...

Okay, so there's a bit of a problem...

I've added the Tiltworld files to the planet pack - Perpas is broken somewhat. Pir (originally the blue and red blob) works just fine, but the rest of that system is a bit weird.

Basically, Perpas destroys any craft in the SOI. No exceptions (for whatever reason).

Miroda needs a new texture (terrain looks awesome, though). Maybe a purple and green landscape... of oddness.

I almost forgot: Phoop looks very different from what it used to look like...

So far, most other things look normal. Mysterio's rings could be a little closer to the planet, though.

This will be fun to fix up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@LordOfMinecraft99, The pack is currently in refinement phase, as this pack is becoming a bit too big to handle by one person.

So, I've basically stopped the addition of more planets to the pack.

There are plenty of bugs to be discovered, and it will take a long time to fix them.

The notepad stuff is already pretty set up, it just needs refinement due to the fact that this mod is just over two years old...

You can help, but there really won't be room for new planets. I even had to "uninstall" part of my mod because of some star bugs.

So, please help if you can. I won't really be stopping you unless it interferes with some of the stuff already in place (For example, textures and positions of planets/moons don't really need modification).

There is a need for corona textures for the exoplanet portion of the mod, but I currently don't have that installed (again, star bugs).

I will try to update the pack so that the bugs I've fixed won't register for you. That is, if my internet will allow for me to.

Still a lot of bugs, even pressure curves need to be fixed.

Edited by Astrofox

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.