MarkusA380

[1.8] PersistentRotation 1.8.6

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

I suggest installing both and seeing if it works.

"Both" of this and what?

EDIT:

@EricSan said "Is there a compatible mod that adds orbital decay while in low orbit? Could this be added to this mod maybe?"

This stupid excuse for great piece of forum software doesn't seem to allow to edit-in nested quotes post facto, and it doesn't do them automatically in the first place. I really wish there was a way to edit the markup directly, without this WYSIWYdontG nonsense. "WISY" translates to baby speak for <Papa India double-Sierra> where I live, and for a good reason too.

Edited by Corax
reference to original question

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Corax said:

"Both" of this and what?

Oops it looks like I read it wrong! I thought that @EricSan was asking if Orbital Decay and Persistent Rotation were compatible, and I suggested trying to install both of them to see. It looks like he was asking generally if there was an orbital decay mod. Eric there is a mod that adds this, although it hasn't been updated for 1.9 yet. You can try it though. Orbital Decay - Resumed

Edited by Avera9eJoe

Thanks! I'm actually running 1.3.1 with galileo's planet pack. I'm definitely going to be adding PR and OD tomorrow. I think I will save a back up copy of my game since I'm experimenting with lots of mods and massive stations using part welder, I almost expect something to break at this point.
FWP2cmy.pngehHDsdt.png

Working fine for me in 1.9.1 guys! Thanks me later :D

Posted (edited)

Did there are a way to keep a space station always pointing to earth like ISS when using mechjeb smart ASS instead of stock SAS

Edited by josselin2196

1 hour ago, josselin2196 said:

Did there are a way to keep a space station always pointing to earth like ISS when using mechjeb smart ASS instead of stock SAS

Yes.  If the standard radial in/out or prograde/retrograde isn't enough look in the ADV section. You can pick several different reference to align with.  I generally set my stations to align solar panels with the sun.

Is there a setting to turn off persistent rotation on asteroids?

While that feature does make docking an asteroid harder, I would think all asteroids do not have spin, at least not persistent spin and certainly not as fast, since there is no propulsion on them, so a decaying spin would be better unless some SOI causes them to rotate for instance having one rotation per rotation around the sun, or corresponding body.

It would be great to turn this feature off, or have a setting to suggest relative spin.

Feature request.  It would be nice to be able to move the default location of the window when the mod is open.

Right now it overwrites a bunch of things I have at the top and is hard to see.