Ask the Mods questions about the Forums!

Dman979

So the issue with not being able to reply seems to be just a symptom.  When the forum is in that "lockdown" state, I've also noticed that the "Share Post" button is misbehaving.  Instead of giving you a link directly to the post, it refreshes the page as if you'd clicked on the link it's supposed to give you.

No amount of cache clearing and refreshing brought me out this time.  Had to restart Firefox.  And it's not like I had the forums sitting open all night, I had just launched FF this morning and the forums were instantly in this mode.  I absolutely hate Chrome/Chromium, so I hope this bug can be identified and fixed.  If the staff here needs any debug information from when it happens again, I'll be more than happy to provide it.

12 hours ago, Geonovast said:

I had to hard refresh a few times just to get the ability to post this back.

Getting posts back? As in the editor? I have had multiple issues with just the opposite! I remember I was going to type in the "What did you do in KSP today" thread, and when I was about to type up my thing for the F-11 Viper (See the thread for details) a multi-paragraph "news article" came back from when I landed on the Mun last summer!

I just liked a post, then the forum instantly removed it, and popped up the black notification box saying "Your reaction has been removed"

I tried to get a SS by clicking like again, but it went through the second time..

7 minutes ago, Earthlinger said:

I have the exact same problem!

OK, it's not just me. I am typing this on Firefox right now. It seems intermittent. Earlier this morning, Chrome didn't work, either, then started working. I had never seen this behavior until yesterday.

Just now, tater said:

OK, it's not just me. I am typing this on Firefox right now. It seems intermittent. Earlier this morning, Chrome didn't work, either, then started working. I had never seen this behavior until yesterday.

Our computers must be protesting

Perhaps mine got annoyed over that soup I spilled on part of it.....

4 minutes ago, tater said:

Stopped working for me again, all browsers. Works on phone. Only ksp forum affected.

It stopped working for me on all browsers too, but after like twenty minutes it fixed itself somehow

Lol

Throwing tons of java errors for me right now, unusable except by phone.

Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/uploads/javascript_global/root_framework.js.7a3521fb11264b1225fc94eb05452f4b.js?v=8648a4b4c9”.
index.php:6692
Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/uploads/javascript_core/global_global_core.js.303decfc0c49e78466333b08c94aebe7.js?v=8648a4b4c9”.
index.php:6695
Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/uploads/javascript_global/root_front.js.3ad9d8cbf0f4b2b8fb718c1c9601f1f1.js?v=8648a4b4c9”.
index.php:6698
Loading failed for the <script> with source “https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/uploads/javascript_forums/front_front_topic.js.b12845997936f0b9101f0f50c2f6efc3.js?v=8648a4b4c9”.

Constant stuff like the above.

2 minutes ago, tater said:

Throwing tons of java errors for me right now, unusable except by phone.

Funny, because for me it's unusable on all of my iOS devices. Chrome on Win10 works now, but it didn't 5 minutes ago.

Just now, sh1pman said:

Funny, because for me it's unusable on all of my iOS devices. Chrome on Win10 works now, but it didn't 5 minutes ago.

So far I have always been able to post from iOS. Chrome seems to work more often for me than other browsers I have tried on the desktop. I just checked, and firefox doesn't work, but I am typing this on Chrome.

Whatever they did on release day for 1.4 likely caused the issues.

1 minute ago, tater said:

So far I have always been able to post from iOS. Chrome seems to work more often for me than other browsers I have tried on the desktop. I just checked, and firefox doesn't work, but I am typing this on Chrome.

Whatever they did on release day for 1.4 likely caused the issues.

Yea. Logging out and back in fixed it for me on PC. Not on the phone though.

1 hour ago, sh1pman said:

Logging out and back in fixed it for me on PC

Except that for me, drop-down windows like the one needed to log out didn't work either. I was stuck as "online" for two days.

Anyway, seems to be fixed now. Either that or I just got lucky here.