Pak

[1.6.1] Cormorant Aeronology - Mk3 Space Shuttle

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, w1r3dh4ck3r said:

You see that is something that frustrates me to no end, I'm not a guru and I'm trying to have fun with the game, got super excited by the shuttle but... how TH do I install this thing? it did not work when I treated it as a normal mod... :(

You must install it like any other mod: download Shuttle Lifting Body and copy the Cormorant Aeronology folder(inside the Cormorant Aeronology 1.3x folder) to your GameData.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can happily report that I can now land the shuttle properly, but only if using a joystick.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

Where do you get the boosters and the "external tank" for the buran?

LCA project by Alcentar, or AB Launchers by Beale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

But it's for ksp 1.1

LCA is for 1.3.x and AB Launchers should work in 1.3.x because it`s only a simple partmod.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Energia works really well with the Cormorant Shuttle!

YgDmC8Y.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting, but why are there rudders on the side and it has jet engines unlike the real Space Shuttle?

 

AND DON"T FORGET! GIVE A DAMN!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

Interesting, but why are there rudders on the side and it has jet engines unlike the real Space Shuttle?

1

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6348.0;a

It's the proposed Block II Shuttle modified with Jet engines, but why it's strapped to a filthy Kommunist rocket I have no clue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So it looks like the Block II Shuttle is much bigger than the other shuttles, because the crew cabin is small compared to everything else, and it can hold a total of 10 people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

So it looks like the Block II Shuttle is much bigger than the other shuttles, because the crew cabin is small compared to everything else, and it can hold a total of 10 people.

Block II shuttle is the same size as the normal one. The interior is just rearranged.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could anybody explain the picture for me, I don't get it. Why is there an empty space in front of the cargo bay where the cabin is. And is the craft above the whole shuttle a mini orbiter?

And don't forget to give me damns!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JEB'S DESTINY said:

Could anybody explain the picture for me, I don't get it. Why is there an empty space in front of the cargo bay where the cabin is. And is the craft above the whole shuttle a mini orbiter?

And don't forget to give me damns!

In the event of an emergency, the crew cabin detaches from the rest of the stack (think of, say, the Apollo abort system. Only the crew module detaches) and can land independently. In order to make it so the cabin could detach safely, the large single tail had to be removed, and replaced by a pair of rudders on the wing tips.

And no, I will not give damns. Stop asking people to give them. Nobody cares.

@TheRedTom I remember hearing once that to give the shuttle jet engines, they would have to be stowed in the cargo bay somehow. I was always suspicious of that, since there on the wing roots is such a nice spot.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

And no, I will not give damns. Stop asking people to give them. Nobody cares.

LOL XD XD XD XD

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kind of assumed that jet engines wouldn't like reentry heat too much IRL.

Also, what is a "damn" in this context?

By the way, @Pak maybe you should add a "Buran parts are available in AB launchers even if it says 1.1 or LCA" to the OP, since it's one of the most frequently asked questions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

By the way, @Pak maybe you should add a "Buran parts are available in AB launchers even if it says 1.1 or LCA" to the OP, since it's one of the most frequently asked questions.

It can be a little problematic as the mod isn't supported anymore, both of the authors are gone.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Beale said:

both of the authors are gone.

Alcentar is still active in his thread o:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Deltac said:

Alcentar is still active in his thread o:

He was referring to AB Launchers, one of the devs was pretty cool but AWOL, the other is a complete deadbeat.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2018 at 5:02 PM, Cheesecake said:

You must install it like any other mod: download Shuttle Lifting Body and copy the Cormorant Aeronology folder(inside the Cormorant Aeronology 1.3x folder) to your GameData.

It worked, thank you very much!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greetings,

Where does the CATACLS.CFG file go?

 

Guessing... D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Cormorant Aeronology\Patches

Edited by LawnDartLeo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CobaltWolf said:

Can you make Buran parts?

You're changing. Becoming... one of... them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now