[1.6.1] RealPlume - Stock [v1.3.1 - 1/14/19] - Better Late than Never Update

Nhawks17

hi @Nhawks17 it was pointed out to me that this mod requires some settings to be tweaked when using rescaled planets

could you explain to me the math behind this:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume/blob/master/GameData/RealPlume/GlobalSettings.cfg

so that I can add a compatibility patch to SigmaDimensions?

also, :FINAL

EDIT:

Probably a false alarm

Edited by Sigma88

I've just noticed that latest version now has configs for 1.0.5 engines, making my old ones unnecessary. However, my ones seemed to look better on afterburning jet. Try it out:

@PART[turboJet]:FOR[RealPlume]:NEEDS[SmokeScreen]
{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Turbofan
        transformName = thrustTransform
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        localPosition = 0,0,-1.2
        fixedScale = 0.75
        energy = 1.2
        speed = 1
    }
	PLUME
    {
        name = Turbojet
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        localPosition = 0,0,-0.6
        fixedScale = 1.4
		energy = 0.7
		speed = 1
    }
	@MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]:HAS[#engineID[Dry]]
	{
		%powerEffectName = Turbofan
		%spoolEffectName = Turbofan-Spool
	}
    @MODULE[ModuleEnginesFX]:HAS[#engineID[Wet]]
	{
		%powerEffectName = Turbojet
        %spoolEffectName = Turbojet-Spool
	}
}

On 4/30/2016 at 10:16 AM, Sigma88 said:

hi @Nhawks17 it was pointed out to me that this mod requires some settings to be tweaked when using rescaled planets

could you explain to me the math behind this:

https://github.com/KSP-RO/RealPlume/blob/master/GameData/RealPlume/GlobalSettings.cfg

so that I can add a compatibility patch to SigmaDimensions?

also, :FINAL

EDIT:

Probably a false alarm

I'm actually not sure. RealPlume isn't developed by me, I'm only managing the StockConfigs side of things. You could try poking @NathanKell about it or if @Felger is around, they'd be able to answer that for you.

19 hours ago, sashan said:

I've just noticed that latest version now has configs for 1.0.5 engines, making my old ones unnecessary. However, my ones seemed to look better on afterburning jet. Try it out:

{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Turbofan
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        localPosition = 0,0,-1.2
        fixedScale = 0.75
        energy = 1.2
        speed = 1
    }
	PLUME
    {
        name = Turbojet
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        localPosition = 0,0,-0.6
        fixedScale = 1.4
		energy = 0.7
		speed = 1
    }
	{
	}
	{
	}
}

I'll look into it when I get time. Super busy IRL right now. @DerpyFirework might be able to look at it too :wink: 

20 hours ago, sashan said:

{
    PLUME
    {
        name = Turbofan
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        localPosition = 0,0,-1.2
        fixedScale = 0.75
        energy = 1.2
        speed = 1
    }
	PLUME
    {
        name = Turbojet
        localRotation = 0,0,0
        localPosition = 0,0,-0.6
        fixedScale = 1.4
		energy = 0.7
		speed = 1
    }
	{
	}
	{
	}
}

56 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

I'll look into it when I get time. Super busy IRL right now. @DerpyFirework might be able to look at it too :wink: 

I've adjusted the plumes based off these new numbers, and I agree, they do look better now! Thank you for the feedback!

1 hour ago, Festivejelly said:

Hrm i cant seem to get this running on the latest version of KSP. 

Did you installed Smoke Screen too? Do you have the latest Real Plume and the latest Module Manager? Are you using a supported engine?

2 hours ago, Nansuchao said:

Did you installed Smoke Screen too? Do you have the latest Real Plume and the latest Module Manager? Are you using a supported engine?

Thank you, I think it was SmokeScreen as you say. I re downloaded and installed and now it works fine. Thanks.

20 hours ago, Dfthu said:

did 1.1.2 break this? This worked fine in 1.1.1 but now in 1.1.2 it seems to not work.

Yeah, it's not working in 1.1.2 for me either.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RealPlume-Stock v0.10.7

- Updated Module Manager to latest version
- Updated configs for TantaresLV
- Updated configs for Tantares
- Updated configs for Squad
- Updated configs for Tundra Exploration
- Updated configs for HGR
- Added SDHI support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOO UPDATES RULE

I'll update my mirror sites some other time, my internet is literally uploading at 0.1Mb/s right now and I don't feel like dealing with it

Edited by Nhawks17
Link fix

21 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

RealPlume-Stock v0.10.7

- Updated Module Manager to latest version
- Updated configs for TantaresLV
- Updated configs for Tantares
- Updated configs for Squad
- Updated configs for Tundra Exploration
- Updated configs for HGR
- Added SDHI support

WOOO UPDATES RULE

I'll update my mirror sites some other time, my internet is literally uploading at 0.1Mb/s right now and I don't feel like dealing with it

Damn that was quick.

I've encountered a compatibility problem between this mod and Advanced Jet Engine.  AJE replaces all of the "Engine" modules on jet engines with "AJE Turbofan", or "AJE Turbojet", or some such. With Real Plume - Stock Configs installed, most, but not all of the engines get their old stock Engine modules back, and therefore consume much less fuel than they should.  The affected engines have "Plume configured by RealPlume.", added to their descriptions.

32 minutes ago, Vegemeister said:

I've encountered a compatibility problem between this mod and Advanced Jet Engine.  AJE replaces all of the "Engine" modules on jet engines with "AJE Turbofan", or "AJE Turbojet", or some such. With Real Plume - Stock Configs installed, most, but not all of the engines get their old stock Engine modules back, and therefore consume much less fuel than they should.  The affected engines have "Plume configured by RealPlume.", added to their descriptions.

I can't find anywhere in the AJE or RealPlume-Stock download where there is support for the other?

14 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

I can't find anywhere in the AJE or RealPlume-Stock download where there is support for the other?

I don't think either mod is intentionally interfering with the other, but if they are installed concurrently, the changes made by AJE to stock jet engines are undone.

I was able to restore the AJE functionality by deleting jetEngineAfturburning.cfg, jetEngineBasic.cfg, jetEngineBig.cfg, jetEngineTurbo.cfg, and miniJet.cfg from RealPlume/RealPlume-Stock/Squad.

2 hours ago, Vegemeister said:

I don't think either mod is intentionally interfering with the other, but if they are installed concurrently, the changes made by AJE to stock jet engines are undone.

I was able to restore the AJE functionality by deleting jetEngineAfturburning.cfg, jetEngineBasic.cfg, jetEngineBig.cfg, jetEngineTurbo.cfg, and miniJet.cfg from RealPlume/RealPlume-Stock/Squad.

Does this mod change the stock engines? If so, that's why. @DerpyFirework any thoughts?

Hey awesome job on this mod. The only problem is it gives me some stuttering every few seconds. I am trying to figure out if I can fix it but I was also wondering if there is a way to only use the engine sounds.

Hey man, first of all thank you for making this awesome mod, I've been playing with it for a while now, and I love it. 

I apologize if this has been handled before, but I can't seem to find any information on the previous pages. I'm playing with RSS, RealFuels, and smokescreen also, and the only engine (so far) that doesn't have a cool plume in flight is the LV-909 "Terrier" engine. Is that because the thrust is so low you shouldn't see a plume, or is there a problem with this mod or something? I've been going through files but couldn't get any wiser. Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by SpaceEnthusiast