The Call of the Void-New story, New Thread.

DMSP

4 hours ago, SpaceplaneAddict said:

You're right. What we need is good 'ol conventional warfare :)

I agree. We all know too well that nukes are OP and I will report whoever fires them to SQUAD for being a Skrub.

[Edit]: Yay! New page...

Edited by DMSP

Oh god guys! Today I was getting my final updates to KSP 1.2, when the game completely crashed on this save. I've had this problem before, and recently I've always fixed the save, but this time, I couldn't use any of my usual recovery techniques, they didn't work. I have enough screenshots for one chapter. I'm afraid that might be it. I'll try to get us back on track and fix the save. If not, I don't know. I might start again from there. I'm really upset about this, but be prepared for The Call of the Void to be cut short.

Even if we do loose this story, we can still move on from there, and I can end it with a bang. Damn.

Sorry guys. Damn updates.

3 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

Nooo... ;.; 

If you can't fix the save, will you make a "sequel" to this?? I really don't want this to go away. Damn updates...

Yes, if this really is the end of the save, it's going out with a bang, and I'll definitely counting writing, probably in continuation of the story.

If not, I'm going to stand by for a bit, and then, if I do get a gaming computer this year (I'm saving and I'm praying) then we can see some new mods, beautiful graphics, and possibly a whole new solar system.

Trust me, I love my Mac to Andromeda and Back, but, it's definitely not optimised for KSP.

Runs Red Crucible Firestorm great though!

6 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

I'm sure it runs KSP terribly and Fallout 4 amazingly! #Logic

Damn, I wish you could Run fallout 4 on this thing. My house would be a crater though...

19 minutes ago, TheEpicSquared said:

May I suggest Galileo's Planet Pack? It completely replaces the stock solar system and it looks awesome :cool:

Yeah, I was looking at it a while ago, and I absolutely support it. Stock Sized Real Solar System is another one.

2 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

Try New Horizons by @KillAshley!

Maybe, but there's already another story out there.

Remember guys, there's still hope for my save. I'm not giving up.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah guys, I'm sorry, it's over. The save is completely corrupted. I've tried every trick in the book, but I seem to have actually lost important craft in the Persistance file so I think that's about it.

I'll be taking a break from KSP for a while. Life has been a huge problem for playing time. I'm sorry.

Thank you @Cydonian Monk, you inspired this story from the ground up. @Raptor9, your craft have played a huge role.

To all you readers who have been here since the beginning, @SpaceplaneAddict, @max_creative, @OrbitalBuzzsaw, @KerbalOmmex I can't list all of you, but thank you for your support, craft and your appreciation of this story. When I started writing DMSP-The Beginning of a Space Program I never could have expected for it to grow that much.

I'll still check back on the forums now and then.

Thank you guys, it's been a pleasure and I'll be happy to come back to writing once I get some time on my hands and my life clears out a bit.

It's been a pleasure writing for you. I hope you've enjoyed.

Edited by DMSP

4 minutes ago, DMSP said:

Yeah guys, I'm sorry, it's over. The save is completely corrupted. I've tried every trick in the book, but I seem to have actually lost important craft in the Persistance file so I think that's about it.

I'll be taking a break from KSP for a while. Life has been a huge problem for playing time. I'm sorry.

Thank you @Cydonian Monk, you inspired this story from the ground up. @Raptor9, your craft have played a huge role.

To all you readers who have been here since the beginning, @SpaceplaneAddict, @max_creative, @OrbitalBuzzsaw, @KerbalOmmex I can't list all of you, but thank you for your support, craft and your appreciation of this story. When I started writing DMSP-The Beginning of a Space Program I never could have expected for it to grow that much.

Thank you guys, it's been a pleasure and I'll be happy to come back to writing once I get some time on my hands and my life clears out a bit.

It's been a pleasure writing for you. I hope you've enjoyed.

;.; 

I hope you come back soon. I'm sure you'll come back soon and start a new even better story! You're a great writer. We still will be reading everything you've made and enjoying it while you're gone!

Cheers, @DMSP, and best wishes. Just don't run too far off and forget about us now!

5 hours ago, UnusualAttitude said:

KSP + writing about KSP can be such a damned time sink! I'm sure everyone here understands....

[@Cydonian Monk sits down, starts writing and editing pictures, wonders where the last five hours went..... Blames aliens.]

UNENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION 

TO: @DMSP

ESTABLISHING UPLINK (SPACE CENTER -> KAL COMSAT NETWORK)... COMPLETE 

ESTABLISHING UPLINK (KAL COMSAT NETWORK-> KAL MONOLITH)... COMPLETE 

ESTABLISHING INTER-SAVEFILE LINK (KAL MONLITH -> DMSP MONOLITH)... COMPLETE 

ESTABLISHING DOWNLINK (DMSP MONOLITH -> DMSP COMSAT NETWORK)... COMPLETE 

ESTABLISHING DOWNLINK (DMSP COMSAT NETWORK -> SPACE CENTER)... COMPLETE 

MESSAGE BEGINS 

@DMSP Do you need help transporting supplies/equipment/personnel from The Call Of The Void to your new save? Would be happy to assist. 

MESSAGE ENDS 

COMMUNICATION END

7 minutes ago, KAL 9000 said:

UNENCRYPTED TRANSMISSION 

TO: @DMSP

ESTABLISHING UPLINK (SPACE CENTER -> KAL COMSAT NETWORK)... COMPLETE 

ESTABLISHING UPLINK (KAL COMSAT NETWORK-> KAL MONOLITH)... COMPLETE 

ESTABLISHING INTER-SAVEFILE LINK (KAL MONLITH -> DMSP MONOLITH)... COMPLETE 

ESTABLISHING DOWNLINK (DMSP MONOLITH -> DMSP COMSAT NETWORK)... COMPLETE 

ESTABLISHING DOWNLINK (DMSP COMSAT NETWORK -> SPACE CENTER)... COMPLETE 

MESSAGE BEGINS 

@DMSP Do you need help transporting supplies/equipment/personnel from The Call Of The Void to your new save? Would be happy to assist. 

MESSAGE ENDS 

COMMUNICATION END

No, don't worry, the save file is gone now. I think a fresh start in the future would be great though.

@max_creative, @UnusualAttitude, @Cydonian Monk, and @OrbitalBuzzsaw, thank you guys so much.

I won't be gone forever. I'll be back in a few months, full time. I'll be on and off till then.

3 minutes ago, DMSP said:

No, don't worry, the save file is gone now. I think a fresh start in the future would be great though.

@max_creative, @UnusualAttitude, @Cydonian Monk, and @OrbitalBuzzsaw, thank you guys so much.

I won't be gone forever. I'll be back in a few months, full time. I'll be on and off till then.

Goodbye. ;.; You are an amazing writer and I know that when you return you'll write another story as amazing as this one! Also when you return I might have a few craft for you. :)

On 11/3/2016 at 2:10 AM, DMSP said:

[snip]

See you later @DMSP.  Stories were always entertaining with the screenshots.  I'm taking a break from heavy KSP playing myself due to real-life stuff.  But looking forward to getting back into it with a fresh slate in the future.  Hope you feel freshly-inspired when you return.

Edited by Raptor9

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Great beginning. Awesome descriptions, and amazing photos. Great work!

Thank you, I wish I could have continued writing this. I'll probably start my next story soon.

And on that note-I'm shutting this thread down.

Edited by DMSP

Hey everybody! I'm happy to say I'm back and writing once more. I'm really sorry for my disappearance, that can be partially explained below. Thank you for reading this short story, and I'll see you at the next one.