Tokamak

[1.1.3] Tokamak Industries Refurbished Parts v0.1.2 (Featuring Porkjet's hab pack)

Recommended Posts

On 2/9/2017 at 6:07 AM, a__gun said:

Awesome work!

Have you managed to update the base mount to use the proper landing leg module, or is it still just a generic animated part?

I actually didn't make any changes to it or even look at it much, since it was working properly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/02/2017 at 7:35 PM, Tokamak said:

I actually didn't make any changes to it or even look at it much, since it was working properly

(Admittedly I haven't actually tried them recently, but...) The part was originally released before landing legs had their own separate module, and therefore doesn't have suspension etc which makes them a bit too easily breakable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a 1.2.X compatible version of this? The most recent upload to the github link in the OP is from september...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please check the first post for updates, if there's no news there, there's no update :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rory Yammomoto said:

update? I know that's kind of ironic, considering what you are doing here, but...

10 hours ago, sal_vager said:

Please check the first post for updates, if there's no news there, there's no update :)

Last I spoke with him he's on a hiatus from KSP-related stuff. I'd say just appreciate how much he did to update things as far as he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Last I spoke with him he's on a hiatus from KSP-related stuff. I'd say just appreciate how much he did to update things as far as he did.

I swear you're stalking me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2017 at 1:26 PM, Tokamak said:
 
 

Heyo. Life has dragged me away from Kerbal for the time being. Just popping in to comment though.

For that matter, since I am currently dropping the ball in terms of maintaining this stuff, it's worth noting that the project CClicensed and is on github so people can contribute to it, or can just take everything and make their own new version. It'd be cool if anyone who does that could ping me so I can follow it, but yeah, no possessiveness here. :)

Hmm, Useful mod, fills an unfilled niche, was fully working in prior version, modeling and graphics are pretty much complete, mainly needs code tweaks and MM attention, permissive license, and a willing author...

If I weren't working full time and getting my masters I'd like to learn to fix these things.

This sounds like a call for @linuxgurugamer - we are going to have to clone him, LOL.

Edited by Murdabenne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Murdabenne said:

Hmm, Useful mod, fills an unfilled niche, was fully working in prior version, modeling and graphics are pretty much complete, mainly needs code tweaks and MM attention, permissive license, and a willing author...

If I weren't working full time and getting my masters I'd like to learn to fix these things.

This sounds like a call for @linuxgurugamer - we are going to have to clone him, LOL.

This one I'll pass on, for now  Not enough time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You have too much as it is. Thats why I said we needed to clone you :cool: - you're going to burn yourself out unless you put limits on. 

Any suggestions on how to get started with this stuff?  I used to code in shell/perl/C on Unix (SVR4, then BSDs, then Linux) before I moved into management, then a decade ago changed career fields (Now a Registered Nurse, working in Cardiology and Flight Medicine - from being a Medic in the Army and Guard)

Edited by Murdabenne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Murdabenne said:

You have too much as it is. Thats why I said we needed to clone you :cool: - you're going to burn yourself out unless you put limits on. 

Any suggestions on how to get started with this stuff?  I used to code in shell/perl/C on Unix (SVR4, then BSDs, then Linux) before I moved into management, then a decade ago changed career fields (Now a Registered Nurse, working in Cardiology and Flight Medicine - from being a Medic in the Army and Guard)

If you know C, you should be able to pick up c#.

I'd suggest trying it, and ask for  help when you need it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Think this works in 1.2.2 but i wish that Tokamak remakes the Porkjet Ring Habitat. I really miss this part, and the only mod that really adds one of these is Kerbalisim and that adds other things. I just want a standalone mod with these Habitats.QZc51oJ.jpg

Edited by Starslinger999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Starslinger999 said:

I Think this works in 1.2.2 but i wish that Tokamak remakes the Porkjet Ring Habitat. I really miss this part, and the only mod that really adds one of these is Kerbalisim and that adds other things. I just want a standalone mod with these Habitats.QZc51oJ.jpg

Agreed, but not to bug Tokamak who I'd obviously caught up with other things possibly RL.  

I'd hope that a refurbishment would also include a rotating internal as well but I think that would be a whole new part not a retrofit.

Peace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SSTU has 4 inflatable centrifuges.

This one is rather large:

S-1.png

(BTW, there are about 20-30 parts in this screenshot, including antennae, science instruments, etc)

Edited by tater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, tater said:

SSTU has 4 inflatable centrifuges.

(BTW, there are about 20-30 parts in this screenshot, including antennae, science instruments, etc)

Ooh... when I get back to Kerbal I'll have to check that out. SSTU seems to have grown!

 

On 4/2/2017 at 6:55 AM, Starslinger999 said:

I Think this works in 1.2.2 but i wish that Tokamak remakes the Porkjet Ring Habitat. I really miss this part, and the only mod that really adds one of these is Kerbalisim and that adds other things. I just want a standalone mod with these Habitats.

 

19 hours ago, theJesuit said:

Agreed, but not to bug Tokamak who I'd obviously caught up with other things possibly RL.  

I'd hope that a refurbishment would also include a rotating internal as well but I think that would be a whole new part not a retrofit.

Peace.

 

I do have a .blend file with the part all fixed up and animation working, if anyone wants to tackle the next step. Alternately, I guess I could export it to a kerbal part file, note down the animation names and stuff, and give people that. I just haven't had time to do any of the actual kerbal modding stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The SSTU station parts (a pretty complete range of Soviet era stuff, plus stuff inspired by the NASA COS modules, plus Bigelows of various sizes are all there, though they don't have IVAs (not shadowmage's thing, they take loads of work, for less payoff than new parts/capability).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know where/if anyone has these models from PorkJet's planned revamp of the Habitat Pack? 

 

Edited by hieywiey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, hieywiey said:

Does anyone know where/if anyone has these models from PorkJet's planned revamp of the Habitat Pack? 

Pretty sure he never released them and I don't think they exist 'in the wild' anywhere.

I would love for someone to prove me wrong though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2017 at 6:39 PM, theJesuit said:

Agreed, but not to bug Tokamak who I'd obviously caught up with other things possibly RL.  

I'd hope that a refurbishment would also include a rotating internal as well but I think that would be a whole new part not a retrofit.

Peace.

I made a internal Centrifuge a while ago. It doesn't have a fancy spinning animation but, since it's internal...
The SSTU ones are definitely nicer. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SpaceMouse said:

I made a internal Centrifuge a while ago. It doesn't have a fancy spinning animation but, since it's internal...
The SSTU ones are definitely nicer. :D

Awesome.  Did you make it available anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/3/2017 at 5:00 PM, hieywiey said:

Does anyone know where/if anyone has these models from PorkJet's planned revamp of the Habitat Pack? 

 

I still drool over those parts. Wishing he had made them/posted them somewhere :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.