Ultimate Steve

What funny/interesting thing happened in your life today?

19 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

"Found lying by the side of the road"

Best use with "mystery goo"

Hey, it’s legal in like 20 states as long as you have a permit and/or notify the authorities within 24 hours*. -_-

*some restrictions apply 

• Like 1

My speakers unbroke themselves. Basically for a long time, they didn't play in stereo and suddenly today they did! No idea why, just gonna take it.

1 minute ago, qzgy said:

My speakers unbroke themselves. Basically for a long time, they didn't play in stereo and suddenly today they did! No idea why, just gonna take it.

I've seen drivers do black magic like that...

On 12/6/2018 at 10:34 PM, cubinator said:

I've seen drivers do black magic like that...

Apparently I dont think its a driver issue. Loose connection on the speaker, specifically the volume knob.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, kerbiloid said:

A nice site with shuttle pictures.

For any French speaking person, Capcom was one of the greatest sources of information for a long time (excepted for the orthographic faults...)

One of their best contribution was to give an early access to the final inquiry of VA88 failure in 96.

Their pages contain a lot of pictures hard to find, even on the most common search engine.

• Like 1

Sooooo..... State Police Trooper just dropped me off at my house.

Went out on a first date with a girl.   Went well.   Had a few drinks. 

Driving home trooper pulls me over.    Light over my license plate is out.    He smells alcohol on me, which I freely admit to having a couple few drinks with dinner.

He gives the field sobriety test.   Can't see his finger without my glasses on, so I have trouble focusing on it.    And then I stumbled when doing the walk cause I'm an uncoordinated fool.    Places me under arrest for DUI.    Cuffs and everything. 

Get to the barracks to do the breathalyzer.   His attitude to me has changed the more realizes I am in no way intoxicated.   Blow a .015.   Limit is .08. 

He then realizes he really dropped the ball on this one, and says he wont give me a ticket since the impound fees will be a bit of their own (They had to tow the car). 

He then gives me a ride home.   Gives me my stuff back, after handcuffing me again, this time in front, so I'm trying to hold onto my keys and phone at the same time.   

Got a great selfie in the back of the cop car, cuffs included.

• Like 4

Im still alive lol

Can anyone confirm that there are no Pythagorean triples where one of the legs is equal to half the hypotenuse?

Because if that's correct I accidentally just proved that.

2 hours ago, Delay said:

Can anyone confirm that there are no Pythagorean triples where one of the legs is equal to half the hypotenuse?

Shouldn't work.....

Spoiler

A2 + B2 = C2 given that its a right triangle and what not. C = 2B (from what you were saying). Therefore, A2 + B2 = 4B2 . From that, A2  = 3B2 . Taking the square root of it, you get A=(sqrt 3)B which also is the same as saying (A/B) = sqrt 3. Square root three cannot be rational so there's a contradiction meaning that there cannot be any Pythagorean triple with that property.

At least if the math is correct.

Curious to see your proof.....

Edited by qzgy

2 hours ago, Delay said:

Not for integers, it seems. The other leg has to be sqrt(3)/2 of the hypotenuse to be a right triangle.