SpaceX Discussion Thread

Skylon

Something I haven't seen mentioned yet that was discussed in this article:

https://www.teslarati.com/spacex-starship-sn5-raptor-test-schedule/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

SN5's proof test fill was conducted exceptionally quickly. It's an extremely quick propellant load through a quick disconnect port.

Also some beauty shots of GPS-III landing:

Edited by RCgothic

12 minutes ago, Spaceception said:

How long did it take the mid-bay to be built? If it wasn't too long, could we expect Superheavy construction to start before the end of summer?

I expect the first task for the high bay will be stacking a fairing on top of SN6 for high altitude testing.

1 hour ago, RCgothic said:

I expect the first task for the high bay will be stacking a fairing on top of SN6 for high altitude testing.

Yeah, if I remember correctly it's meant to do a 2km hop, which will require the fairing.

However, it's possible that if SN5 survives its 150m hop, they'll give it a fairing for the 2km hop and let SN6 do the first 20km bellyflop.

The Air Force is big into weather. I knew a guy who was a Special Operations Weatherman. Part of his job was (potentially) to infiltrate behind enemy lines and get on-the-ground weather data for strike forces and special ops.