[1.3.*-1.12.*] Pood's Skyboxes [v1.3.0] [17th Jan. 2019]

Poodmund

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Why? Just let users decide what skybox they would like to use themselves.

If you have personal recommendations the best way is just to list them in your OP of your release forum thread. If you bundle other mods unnecessarily it just causes issues for people, for example, if they were already using another skybox that they prefer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Your skyboxes look great and worked great until I installed Editor Extensions Redux and its dependencies.  Then the auto dimmer started working too good and it ended up with a solid black sky.

So I deleted EER and the problem persisted.  Ended up deleting your skyboxes and DOE as well, then reinstalling them.  The problem persisted.  Went into the gamedata folder and deleted everything from EER found there, and the problem persists. 

My workaround now is to install your skybox and DOE, turn the brightness up to 100% and turn off the dimmer, then leave and delete DOE.  This gives a good looking skybox that does not dim to black.  Leaving DOE installed causes the black sky somehow.  Thought you should know.

Hi! DOE's maintainer here.

Currently, there's a bug on DOE (scheduled to be fixed soon™) that, once fixed, I suspect will prevent the current workaround from working after DOE is uninstalled.

I'm trying to figure out where the current skybox is persisted on KSP itself, so you guys can change the value directly and then avoiding the need to install and deinstall DOE - as it will eventually stop (mis)behaving in the way you expect from it.

• 2 months later...

Hey there, random question not really related to this mod. I have the deep star map skybox installed and it looks great, but I wanted to ask how you get the sun (Kerbol) to look like that? I remember having it like that years ago but with my most recent play through it's the only thing that's not how I wish it was! 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.