Kerbin Side Remastered [1.0.1] [1.7.3]

Eskandare

this is the same question I was just coming here to look into.  if I want a "Kerbin side" install  I see so many things that look like they are not compatible so the question I have is do we have an "install matrix" sort of thing.  for instance I want Kerbinside GAP, I want the new airports stuff, etc.   is there a way to easily see which of these bits can be installed along side each other?

But if this asset only i assume  that means this is just parts, and does not actually place any of the parts.  that will be left up to other mods?

so an install list like this is possible?":

KK ( @AlphaAsh, etc )

Kerbin Side Core ( @Ger_space )

Kerbin-side complete continued ( @Ger_space )

Kerbin Side AirRace cont. ( @Ger_space )

Kerbin-side GAP ( @Keniamin )

Kerbin Side Remastered ( @Eskandare )

KSR Airports ( @AdmiralTigerclaw )

Static Harbor ( @SpannerMonkey(smce) )

KSP++ Continued  ( @Aerospacer )

and many others I am sure.  Then put them all in a spreadsheet with a matrix and yes or no to show if they can be installed at the same time...     I hope this was not too confusing.  sort of a rambling post I know.

Edited by Bit Fiddler

1 hour ago, Bit Fiddler said:

this is the same question I was just coming here to look into.  if I want a "Kerbin side" install  I see so many things that look like they are not compatible so the question I have is do we have an "install matrix" sort of thing.  for instance I want Kerbinside GAP, I want the new airports stuff, etc.   is there a way to easily see which of these bits can be installed along side each other?

But if this asset only i assume  that means this is just parts, and does not actually place any of the parts.  that will be left up to other mods?

so an install list like this is possible?":

KK ( @AlphaAsh, etc )

Kerbin Side Core ( @Ger_space )

Kerbin-side complete continued ( @Ger_space )

Kerbin Side AirRace cont. ( @Ger_space )

Kerbin-side GAP ( @Keniamin )

Kerbin Side Remastered ( @Eskandare )

KSR Airports ( @AdmiralTigerclaw )

Static Harbor ( @SpannerMonkey(smce) )

KSP++ Continued  ( @Aerospacer )

and many others I am sure.  Then put them all in a spreadsheet with a matrix and yes or no to show if they can be installed at the same time...     I hope this was not too confusing.  sort of a rambling post I know.

1. You don't need Kerbin-side Core in any way 

2. You cannot install Kerbin-side and Kerbin-side remastered together. 

3ksc++ Ist not really compatible with Kerbin-side remastered. ( I forgot about Kerbin-side, but it might overlap at some point)

so for a new install this is the pan?

Kerbin side Remastered, and KSR airports.  this will duplicate the basics of Kerbinside continued with some additional airports? 

then what about GAP?  is it no longer working as it relied on Kerbinside Core?

Oh and the big question then is this. will @Ger_space be discontinuing Kerbin-Side complete continued? and this one is going to become the new standard?

Edited by Bit Fiddler

57 minutes ago, Bit Fiddler said:

so for a new install this is the pan?

Kerbin side Remastered, and KSR airports.  this will duplicate the basics of Kerbinside continued with some additional airports? 

Mostly yes.

then what about GAP?  is it no longer working as it relied on Kerbinside Core?

It can work, but I don't know enough about contracts. This is on my to do list for some time.

Oh and the big question then is this. will @Ger_space be discontinuing Kerbin-Side complete continued? and this one is going to become the new standard?

Kerbin-side ( classic) is not in active development anymore and I will continue to support it as long it doesn't hurt my time too much.

Personally I like the remastered airports a lot more. It got only became a separate project for licensing reasons. 

Stuff like Kerbinside GAP only works with old Kerbinside and all the goodies that were developed with that previously. 

With Kerbinside Remastered and my work on KSR airports, you would have to create an entirely NEW iteration of Kerbinside GAP.  This is because the locations and static object assets are completely new and use different names and locations.  A contract from Kerbinside GAP would thusly be unable to find anything at a minimum, and generate a contract to fly to an empty spot of land in the middle of nowhere if it DID do anything.

Really, the only thing Kerbinside Remastered has in common with Kerbinside is the name and overall purpose.  Beyond that, they are two separate entities.

Hello @Eskandare,

I'm still running Kerbin Side Complete Continued because I have been waiting for your mod to become comparative in features....

i.e. Looking for you to add your version of the Kerbin Side Kampus...and a comparable number of world bases and hidden bases as the Alpha Ash/Ger-Space version....

I see you adding screen shots of bases and things you have been building in threads relating to Kerbin Side and Kerbal Konstructs....

Do you plan on adding these bases to your release at some point in the future?

I'm not really into making the bases myself, as I suck at it.....but I prefer the general global coverage of the original mod....that is the main reason I have stuck with the original mod despite it becoming dated and unstable...

Thanks for your time...!

13 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

Hello @Eskandare,

I'm still running Kerbin Side Complete Continued because I have been waiting for your mod to become comparative in features....

i.e. Looking for you to add your version of the Kerbin Side Kampus...and a comparable number of world bases and hidden bases as the Alpha Ash/Ger-Space version....

I see you adding screen shots of bases and things you have been building in threads relating to Kerbin Side and Kerbal Konstructs....

Do you plan on adding these bases to your release at some point in the future?

I'm not really into making the bases myself, as I suck at it.....but I prefer the general global coverage of the original mod....that is the main reason I have stuck with the original mod despite it becoming dated and unstable...

Thanks for your time...!

My thoughts on Bases is, since Kerbin is 3/5th scale, I wanted there to be a reason to make good flying planes and rockets for the various locations and have good distance between them. I have two more bases in mind, but I want to focus on exploration and discovery. I have another two hangars, a naval station with launch buoy (for CVX and SM Marine), and an oil platform in the works. The Naval station is going to be located somewhere round the islands near KSC; I am not fond of cluttering up KSC mind you. Currently KSR has plenty of KK features minus the science and funds buildings. I'm still working out how to get a procedural city expansion going so the S&D mod can be completed. At the moment CVX and Eskandare Aeronautics are my focus, then I'll be working more on KSR.

Edited by Eskandare

7 minutes ago, Eskandare said:

My thoughts on Bases is, since Kerbin is 3/5th scale, I wanted there to be a reason to make good flying planes and rockets for the various locations and have good distance between them. I have two more bases in mind, but I want to focus on exploration and discovery. I have another two hangars, a naval station with launch buoy (for CVX and SM Marine), and an oil platform in the works. The Naval station is going to be located somewhere round the islands near KSC; I am not fond of cluttering up KSC mind you. Currently KSR has plenty of KK features minus the science and funds buildings. I'm still working out how to get a procedural city expansion going so the S&D mod can be completed. At the moment CVX and Eskandare Aeronautics are my focus, then I'll be working more on KSR.

That's unfortunate....

I think Kerbin is a huge empty planet and the bases from Kerbin Side are the only signs of life or civilization on it.

Having 6-10 bases isn't sufficient for the amount of land mass.

Kerbin Side Continued has stratigically placed bases on every major continent making getting to the anomolies much easier and more convenient if you have the money to open the appropriate bases near said anomolies....

I am certainly grateful for the polar bases.....

15 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

That's unfortunate....

AlphaAsh's pilosophy was quantity over quality and he didn't have game balance or design in mind. My philosophy is not to make the game easier but to add more of an experience for players rather then have 50 bases all over the place. @AdmiralTigerclaw created an expansion to KSR adding more airports and locations using KSR assets, but that is outside my scope. I rather have the thrill of discovering something cool then just adding more clutter. The two new bases are Arctic Station Alpha, which will have a science building, the observatories will have a clickable sign next to the building entrance (I don't like the whole building glowing on mouse-over) for activating science and the same with the polar research base.  The second base is Kandenberg AFB near the Great Crater on the 90º parallel. I'll likely add financial services there.

Edited by Eskandare

16 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

I think Kerbin is a huge empty planet and the bases from Kerbin Side are the only signs of life or civilization on it.

Having 6-10 bases isn't sufficient for the amount of land mass.

Kerbin Side Continued has stratigically placed bases on every major continent making getting to the anomolies much easier and more convenient if you have the money to open the appropriate bases near said anomolies....

I am certainly grateful for the polar bases.....

As @Eskandare pointed out:

KSR Airports for Kerbinside Remastered will be right up your alley.  I'm focused on a large number of well-documented airports scattered around the entire planet.  The goal is 70, I think I'm in the 30s.  I'm working on an audio project at the moment elsewhere, but I should be getting back to this soon.  And @Ger_space space dropped a KK update for me to use as well once I jump back over that SHOULD increase my workflow speed significantly. 

EDIT: And I should mention, KSR Airports is in the mod development forum, and it has a working download to play with.

Edited by AdmiralTigerclaw

8 hours ago, JeKnYan said:

Does anyone here have a fix for Galieo’s Rescale? It’s kinda extremely spread apart

You's have to manually move the parts together. The mod uses coordinates on a sphere to place statics. Making Kerbin bigger causes the coordinates to go from arc seconds, to arc minutes thus the correct position are finer numbers. This can only be fixed with a new config file for each static.

Hello, I installed Kerbin Side Remastered along with Kerbal konstructs (obviusly) and modulemanager 3.0.7, nothing else. But when I open the game still KSR airports don't appear. Kerbal Konstructs button is there and it works just like the one in the editors, but nothing else.

here's my Log file

Edited by Spuzzolo_98

@Spuzzolo_98 Is the "Airports" folder in the "KerbinSideRemastered" folder? Also, judging by the log file, it seems like the launch site in Kerbal Konstructs was set to the KSC runway. Are any launch sites except for the KSC runway available? If not, make sure that you have Kerbin Side Remastered installed. Which version of KSP do you have installed and which version of Kerbal Konstructs? Did you install the .rar file in the KSR Aiports mod's thread called "KSRAirports_0_0_3"?

@Bottle Rocketeer 500 no, the "Airports" folder is no there and there are no other launch site except for KSC ones. When I downloaded KSR (version 0.90) there was no airports folder. I'll try installing KSR airports. also KK version is 1.4.5.4

Edit: tried to install KSR airports but the result is the same, KK appears but nothing changes. Also there are still only KSC's sites

Edited by Spuzzolo_98

@Spuzzolo_98 Did you install KSR? If not, and you only have KSR Airports, then they won't appear, as they use the statics in KSR. About KK, I was asking to make sure that you didn't have the 1.3.1 and 1.2.2 version in KSP 1.4. Also, can you please post a screenshot of your game data folder? Try without any other mods if they exist and only with KK, KSR and KSR Airports.

2 hours ago, Spuzzolo_98 said:

@Bottle Rocketeer 500 no, the "Airports" folder is no there and there are no other launch site except for KSC ones. When I downloaded KSR (version 0.90) there was no airports folder. I'll try installing KSR airports. also KK version is 1.4.5.4

Edit: tried to install KSR airports but the result is the same, KK appears but nothing changes. Also there are still only KSC's sites

The download may have been corrupted, please try again or download from github. I'll check the file after work. KSR Airports have no assts, just configs. I believe KK still needs to have a new game for it to load the 'stock' KSR statics. With just KSR, you should see the added taxi ways and small hangars at KSC.

Edited by Eskandare

@Bottle Rocketeer 500yes I installed everything and here's my GameData folder and KSR folder
@Eskandare
I installed KSR only from github, never from Spacedock. multiple times

probably I'm just doing something obviusly wrong

Edit: I forgot to say that I use ksp on two computers, a laptop and a tower. I tried to install KK and KSR (along with other KK mods) on the laptop and everything worked out, but once I copied the files (the same files that worked on the same version of the game on the laptop), I obtained the same result another time.

Edited by Spuzzolo_98

Just another update, I made a new launch buoy for ship launches. This will be included with two additional bases, Karallon Island NAS and a second yet to be named NAS. These are meant to be ports for the CVX aircraft carriers.

1 hour ago, Spuzzolo_98 said:

@Bottle Rocketeer 500yes I installed everything and here's my GameData folder and KSR folder
@Eskandare
I installed KSR only from github, never from Spacedock. multiple times

probably I'm just doing something obviusly wrong

Edit: I forgot to say that I use ksp on two computers, a laptop and a tower. I tried to install KK and KSR (along with other KK mods) on the laptop and everything worked out, but once I copied the files (the same files that worked on the same version of the game on the laptop), I obtained the same result another time.

Always install a fresh copy of KK. It records data from your particular install.