damonvv

[1.4.5-1.7.3] Tundra's Space Center - v1.1 (April 13th) - Stockalike KSC launchpads!

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Really cool! But i want to keep game stock as possible.Does this mod adds any parts?

It adds statics for placement via Kerbal Konstructs. No parts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be off topic but: does having a lot of statics affect performance? I thought it was scatterer or SVE, but I still have massive FPS problems after uninstallung it... about 10-20 FPS when trying to land my boosters. I thought it might be KK?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There were some minor collider issues with 2 pads.. so sorry!

Here's a quick hotfix:

Version 1.0.1
- Fixed colliders on TLC-41 and TLC-19

Download on Spacedock!

28 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Might be off topic but: does having a lot of statics affect performance? I thought it was scatterer or SVE, but I still have massive FPS problems after uninstallung it... about 10-20 FPS when trying to land my boosters. I thought it might be KK?

What kind of system specs do you have? What FPS did you had before installing KK and KSC Extended?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Running on Linux: Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GB RAM, Radeon RX 470 with 8 GB RAM. Since I have quite some mods installed, I only tested vanilla as a reference, I need to narrow down which mod the culprit is. I noticed some FPS drops when flying between 10000 and 30000 m, otherwise I had >50 FPS usually. Sometimes even over 100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Running on Linux: Ryzen 5 2600, 16 GB RAM, Radeon RX 470 with 8 GB RAM. Since I have quite some mods installed, I only tested vanilla as a reference, I need to narrow down which mod the culprit is. I noticed some FPS drops when flying between 10000 and 30000 m, otherwise I had >50 FPS usually. Sometimes even over 100.

Not sure what is causing that. (tho I'm expert in AMD specs so not sure of your CPU is any good). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, infinite_monkey said:

OK, just wanted to know if KK is known to cause such issues. Thanks anyway.

KK by itself no, having many statics in one place maybe. Although a drop of 40-50fps is a lot and I doubt that's from KK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

I cant make it work.Full list of required mods?

Pinging @damonvv in case I get any of this wrong...

Anyway, first you need Kerbal Konstructs installed. Install the mod to your GameData folder, and then launch the game.

Once you’re in your savegame, get a vessel to where you want the launchpad. Hit Ctrl-K and press the button at the top left that says something like ‘Spawn New Instance’. Scroll down until you find the Tundra Space Centre launchpad that you want, and select it.

On the window that now appears, you can specify the position and rotation of the pad, and also tell Kerbal Konstructs what kind of building you want it to be (you’ll probably want to use it as a launchpad :P)

Have fun :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

Pinging @damonvv in case I get any of this wrong...

Anyway, first you need Kerbal Konstructs installed. Install the mod to your GameData folder, and then launch the game.

Once you’re in your savegame, get a vessel to where you want the launchpad. Hit Ctrl-K and press the button at the top left that says something like ‘Spawn New Instance’. Scroll down until you find the Tundra Space Centre launchpad that you want, and select it.

On the window that now appears, you can specify the position and rotation of the pad, and also tell Kerbal Konstructs what kind of building you want it to be (you’ll probably want to use it as a launchpad :P)

Have fun :)

Can i select launch pad on VAB?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

Can i select launch pad on VAB?

If you have the Making History expansion, you can use the launchsite switcher in that. If not, Kerbal Konstructs has its own switcher that defaults if the DLC is not installed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RealKerbal3x said:

If you have the Making History expansion, you can use the launchsite switcher in that. If not, Kerbal Konstructs has its own switcher that defaults if the DLC is not installed.

I have Making History.As a KK noob,i want to thank you so much.It worked!But, which one is best for Falcon 9? LC 40 looks nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

I have Making History.As a KK noob,i want to thank you so much.It worked!But, which one is best for Falcon 9? LC 40 looks nice.

I believe LC-39A is the pad that real SpaceX rockets launch from, but you can choose whichever one you like the most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RealKerbal3x said:

I believe LC-39A is the pad that real SpaceX rockets launch from, but you can choose whichever one you like the most.

LC-39A and LC-40 are both for SpaceX Rockets!

2 hours ago, Eaten by Black Hole said:

I have Making History.As a KK noob,i want to thank you so much.It worked!But, which one is best for Falcon 9? LC 40 looks nice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JebThrillMaster said:

All of the launchpads are placed, but I don't see the launch towers?

The only tower static included with Tundra's Space Center is the Titan II one; the Saturn and Shuttle ones shown in the pics are from my Modular Launch Pads v2 dev builds on my Github.  I have a Falcon 9-style strongback too, but the one shown is @damonvv's. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, there seems to be an interesting conflict with OSE Workshop, AdvancedTextures, and Tundra's Space Center.  It only happens with OSE Workshop installed, the latest one from Angel125, along with the dependencies for it.  If I remove the TITANII_CLAMP as a part from this mod then it's fine, so I'm guessing it has something to do with either that part config or OSE Workshop.   AdvancedTextures works fine and I can load up Omega's Stockalike Utility Vehicles with it, so I don't think it is AdvancedTextures.

To replicate, install TSC (and KK), OSE Workshop (and the dependencies for it), AdvancedTextures.   All on KSP 1.6.1.

Edit:  I might have figured out what the problem was, still testing, but it looks like the part config was set up to have a part within a part.  This seems to work:
 

Spoiler

PART:NEEDS[AdvancedTextures]
{
    name = TitanIIClamp
    module = Part
    author = Damon

MODEL
{
    model = TundraSpaceCenter/Parts/TITANII_CLAMP/TitanIIClamp
    scale = 1, 1, 1
}

    rescaleFactor = 1

    NODE
    {
        name = node_stack_top
        transform = node_stack_top
        size = 3
        method = FIXED_JOINT
    }

    node_attach = 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

            
    TechRequired = generalConstruction
    entryCost = 15000
    cost = 5200
    category = Structural
    subcategory = 0

    title = Titan Launcher Platform
    manufacturer = Tundra Technologies
    description = Classic rockets need classic launchclamps.

    attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

    mass = 1000
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.3
    angularDrag = 2
    crashTolerance = 100
    breakingForce = 500000
    breakingTorque = 500000
    maxTemp = 2000 // = 3000

    sound_decoupler_fire = activate
    stageOffset = 0
    childStageOffset = 0

    fuelCrossFeed = False

    bulkheadProfiles = size5, size3, srf

    stackSymmetry = 1


    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleGenerator
        isAlwaysActive = false

        OUTPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            rate = 100
        }
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAnimatedDecoupler
        ejectionForce = 0
        staged = true
        explosiveNodeID = node_stack_top
        animationName = TITANCLAMPANI
        waitForAnimation = false 
        layer = 1
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_waterTower_diff
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_waterTower_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_waterTower_diff_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_waterTower_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_waterTower_diff_2
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_waterTower_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_waterTower_diff_3
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_waterTower_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_waterTower_diff_4
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_waterTower_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof_2
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof_3
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof_4
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof_4_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof_1_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_sphereTank_diff
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_sphereTank_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_2
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_3
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_4
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_4_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_1_2
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_1_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_2_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_2_2
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_3_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_3_3
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
}

 

Edited by Kerbex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Kerbex said:

Hi, there seems to be an interesting conflict with OSE Workshop, AdvancedTextures, and Tundra's Space Center.  It only happens with OSE Workshop installed, the latest one from Angel125, along with the dependencies for it.  If I remove the TITANII_CLAMP as a part from this mod then it's fine, so I'm guessing it has something to do with either that part config or OSE Workshop.   AdvancedTextures works fine and I can load up Omega's Stockalike Utility Vehicles with it, so I don't think it is AdvancedTextures.

To replicate, install TSC (and KK), OSE Workshop (and the dependencies for it), AdvancedTextures.   All on KSP 1.6.1.

Edit:  I might have figured out what the problem was, still testing, but it looks like the part config was set up to have a part within a part.  This seems to work:
 

  Reveal hidden contents

PART:NEEDS[AdvancedTextures]
{
    name = TitanIIClamp
    module = Part
    author = Damon

MODEL
{
    model = TundraSpaceCenter/Parts/TITANII_CLAMP/TitanIIClamp
    scale = 1, 1, 1
}

    rescaleFactor = 1

    NODE
    {
        name = node_stack_top
        transform = node_stack_top
        size = 3
        method = FIXED_JOINT
    }

    node_attach = 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0

            
    TechRequired = generalConstruction
    entryCost = 15000
    cost = 5200
    category = Structural
    subcategory = 0

    title = Titan Launcher Platform
    manufacturer = Tundra Technologies
    description = Classic rockets need classic launchclamps.

    attachRules = 1,0,1,1,0

    mass = 1000
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.3
    angularDrag = 2
    crashTolerance = 100
    breakingForce = 500000
    breakingTorque = 500000
    maxTemp = 2000 // = 3000

    sound_decoupler_fire = activate
    stageOffset = 0
    childStageOffset = 0

    fuelCrossFeed = False

    bulkheadProfiles = size5, size3, srf

    stackSymmetry = 1


    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleGenerator
        isAlwaysActive = false

        OUTPUT_RESOURCE
        {
            name = ElectricCharge
            rate = 100
        }
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAnimatedDecoupler
        ejectionForce = 0
        staged = true
        explosiveNodeID = node_stack_top
        animationName = TITANCLAMPANI
        waitForAnimation = false 
        layer = 1
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_waterTower_diff
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_waterTower_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_waterTower_diff_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_waterTower_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_waterTower_diff_2
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_waterTower_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_waterTower_diff_3
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_waterTower_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_waterTower_diff_4
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_waterTower_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof_2
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof_3
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof_4
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof_4_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof_1_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/model_vab_exterior_tile_04_roof
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_sphereTank_diff
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_sphereTank_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_2
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_3
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_4
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_4_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_1_2
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_1_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_2_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_2_2
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_3_1
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
    MODULE
    {
        name = AdvancedTextures
        transforms = ksp_pad_pipes_diff_3_3
        _MainTex = BUILTIN:/ksp_pad_pipes_diff
    }
}

 

I made this config so if you don't have AdvancedTextures installed, you're not seeing the part. I don't use/or used OSE Workshop before so I'm not sure what is happening there. This is just a standard config that shouldn't break.

3 hours ago, ThiccRocketScientist said:

Anyone know why after restarting my far away (not at KSC) placements get lifted up into the sky?

  Reveal hidden contents

H0CDEgN.jpg

 

I would suggest asking @Ger_spaceabout it, but I assume you didn't make a group first before making that KSC. You need to create one first and then link those statics on it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, damonvv said:

I made this config so if you don't have AdvancedTextures installed, you're not seeing the part. I don't use/or used OSE Workshop before so I'm not sure what is happening there. This is just a standard config that shouldn't break.

Yes, I know it's just for if you have AdvancedTextures installed, so the :NEEDS for it.  Take a look at the part config for TitanIIClamp, it is a part within a part.. ie something like PART:NEEDS[AdvancedTextures] { PART { } }.  It only shows up in OSE Workshop because it produces part recipes and will (with the current part config for TitanIIClamp) freeze the game up in loading part recipes.  Removing the additional part { } fixed the issue and it still is only seen with AdvancedTextures installed (still has the :NEEDS for it).

Edited by Kerbex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Kerbex said:

Yes, I know it's just for if you have AdvancedTextures installed, so the :NEEDS for it.  Take a look at the part config for TitanIIClamp, it is a part within a part.. ie something like PART:NEEDS[AdvancedTextures] { PART { } }.  It only shows up in OSE Workshop because it produces part recipes and will (with the current part config for TitanIIClamp) freeze the game up in loading part recipes.  Removing the additional part { } fixed the issue and it still is only seen with AdvancedTextures installed (still has the :NEEDS for it).

@JadeOfMaar can you look into this please? Maybe I made a mistake but I can’t really follow hah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neat mod!!!!! Please do a ISRO PSLV launchpad and @AlphaMensae a PSLV launch tower that would be great too.!!!

Edited by Nigel Cardozo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, infinite_monkey said:

Wait, did SpaceX just repaint the 39A launch tower black and white in order to match the Crew Dragon?

Well, more for protection. But it looks cool!

On 1/25/2019 at 5:15 PM, Nigel Cardozo said:

Neat mod!!!!! Please do a ISRO PSLV launchpad and @AlphaMensae a PSLV launch tower that would be great too.!!!

First one on the list is LC-17. Delta II pad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.