1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:
  • RationalResourcesELUtilities
    • title?: Rational Resources EL Utilities
    • desc: Provides integrations for Extraplanetary Launchpads
    • tags: config
    • requires: Extraplanetary Launchpads
    • provided by: Rational Resources; find in <download>/Extras/
    • suggests: System Heat; Community Resource Pack

FYI, taniwha's broken server is going to cause problems for people trying to install this (but it already would have been for the old module):

237233996-1c9edc11-0e24-41d9-a86e-ac12e1

I've dabbled around a bit to try and make a patch for the OtherWorlds planet pack. It comes with its own per-planet resource distribution of CRP resources, and I think I should be able to just tag them as spared, if I understand it correctly.

Does this look correct? (Also is it required that I define the experiment definition for RR experiment?)

Spoiler
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[Cercani]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[Crons]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[Disole]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[Kevari]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[Nienna]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[Niko]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[Pequar]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[Prima]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[Secunda]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[Troni]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[Vassa]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[C2-1]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[C3-1]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[C4-1]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]:HAS[#PlanetName[C4-2]]
{
	Tag = Spared
}

@Spike88 I can't use that log. I would need to see your MM cache and your MM logs. But I have a few options for you to test and settle on one:

• If you have an extra/modlet from Kerbal Atomics which affects those engines, identify it and remove it.
  • If you have RealFuels-Stock, remove this or remove the KerbalAtomics folder from within it. It renames ModuleEnginesFX to ModuleEnginesRF which will cause the issue you're showing me.
  • Remove RR Nuclear Family.
  • If the conflict is caused by a mod that's not related to Kerbal Atomics or RealFuels, find this mod or send me that MM cache and MM logs.

And do let me know how things go.

@UltraJohn Giving them Tag = Spared is how that works . You should be good. But put the :NEEDS after the :HAS. Also, in case of other MM patch work you may do, for any value within the [ ], replace any characters (that aren't alphanumeric, dash, underscore and period) with ? (representing a single character at this position) or * (representing any amount of characters there). The RR experiment is not required but it will give you whatever the none-too-intersting default response is.

7 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

But put the :NEEDS after the :HAS.

Ah ok, I was using your zRecalibrateGoldStandard.cfg as a reference and that one is NEEDS before HAS as well. I looked at your other deployment configs and you're right, they're all HAS first.

New and improved version:

Spoiler
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[Cercani]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[Crons]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[Disole]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[Kevari]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[Nienna]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[Niko]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[Pequar]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[Prima]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[Secunda]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[Troni]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[Vassa]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[C2?1]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[C3?1]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[C4?1]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}
@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#PlanetName[C4?2]]:NEEDS[OtherWorldsReboot]
{
	Tag = Spared
}

Feel free to include this with RR if you want! :)

6 hours ago, Nori said:

Finally got a chance to test this out. The errors related to drills are gone, but the warning for Blacksmith is still there. Here are the logs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/r15g4cy8b3nmjpp/Kerbal Space Program 1.12.5 RR.zip?dl=0

Take out RR Blacksmith and do whatever else is necessary for MM errors to stop. Then send me your MM cache. I want to see what the lab looks like in there.

2 hours ago, UltraJohn said:

Ah ok, I was using your zRecalibrateGoldStandard.cfg as a reference and that one is NEEDS before HAS as well. I looked at your other deployment configs and you're right, they're all HAS first.

Oh derp. Will clean that up.

As for OWR, ok I'll do it. I don't want to trouble Niako to update his mod just to tag his resource configs.

1 hour ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Take out RR Blacksmith and do whatever else is necessary for MM errors to stop. Then send me your MM cache. I want to see what the lab looks like in there.

Oh derp. Will clean that up.

As for OWR, ok I'll do it. I don't want to trouble Niako to update his mod just to tag his resource configs.

Here ya go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kyrta5z97f0mhd2/ModuleManager.zip?dl=0

Thank you.

11 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Spike88 I can't use that log. I would need to see your MM cache and your MM logs. But I have a few options for you to test and settle on one:

• If you have an extra/modlet from Kerbal Atomics which affects those engines, identify it and remove it.
  • If you have RealFuels-Stock, remove this or remove the KerbalAtomics folder from within it. It renames ModuleEnginesFX to ModuleEnginesRF which will cause the issue you're showing me.
  • Remove RR Nuclear Family.
  • If the conflict is caused by a mod that's not related to Kerbal Atomics or RealFuels, find this mod or send me that MM cache and MM logs.

And do let me know how things go.

1. I don't have any of the extras installed for Kerbal Atomics

2. I don't have Realfuel's installed.

3.  RR Nuclear Family is a soft requirement for SkyhawkScienceSystem, not sure if I really need it though as it looks like it's mostly for Kerbalism support. Removing it fixes the warning.

Here is my MM Cache and MM Logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9u116pt9oj0urku/ModuleManager.zip?dl=0

@Spike88 Due to my lack of knowledge of Skyhawk, I didn't expect it would have a patch for RRNF. It's possible that there is now a "patch loop" situation as the key RRNF = Yes will exist more than once in the affected parts. Only the first found instance will be changed, then likely, my patches come back, finding the 2nd instance of this key with this value, but also find that the engine situation is changed and will cause B9PS to make noise. I'd really rather that the Skyhawk dev sent those changes to the RRNF opt-in config to me instead of publishing it for themselves. It's no sweat to me to push an update to my mod for a small change as that.

If you want to keep RRNF and Skyhawk, do try one of these if you're inclined:

• Reinstall RRNF then open its opt-in config and put a % in front of RRNF in the Kerbal Atomics section so you have %RRNF = Yes like Skyhawk has. This will prevent the key existing multiple times.
  • Delete this folder: SkyhawkScienceSystem/Patches/NTRs/

@Nori Sorry, fellow. I'm helpless here. You'll have to pick apart your install and find the exact mod that clashes with Blacksmith. Then I'll know to dig through that mod and write the anti-conflict. Alternatively, you could open RationalResourcesBlacksmith/RR_Blacksmith.cfg and delete everything between these two comments:

• // Equip stock science lab with RR Blacksmith
  • // Fission fuel tanks refill EnrichedUranium

And substitute for RR Work production with a compatible EL part whose part description says (in blue text) that it includes a Blacksmith workshop.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

45 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Spike88 Due to my lack of knowledge of Skyhawk, I didn't expect it would have a patch for RRNF. It's possible that there is now a "patch loop" situation as the key RRNF = Yes will exist more than once in the affected parts. Only the first found instance will be changed, then likely, my patches come back, finding the 2nd instance of this key with this value, but also find that the engine situation is changed and will cause B9PS to make noise. I'd really rather that the Skyhawk dev sent those changes to the RRNF opt-in config to me instead of publishing it for themselves. It's no sweat to me to push an update to my mod for a small change as that.

• Reinstall RRNF then open its opt-in config and put a % in front of RRNF in the Kerbal Atomics section so you have %RRNF = Yes like Skyhawk has. This will prevent the key existing multiple times.

I would post this to the Skyhawk dev’s, but they seem to have abandoned it. Either way the % in front of RRNF seems to fixed the issue. 

6 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Nori Sorry, fellow. I'm helpless here. You'll have to pick apart your install and find the exact mod that clashes with Blacksmith. Then I'll know to dig through that mod and write the anti-conflict. Alternatively, you could open RationalResourcesBlacksmith/RR_Blacksmith.cfg and delete everything between these two comments:

• // Equip stock science lab with RR Blacksmith
  • // Fission fuel tanks refill EnrichedUranium

And substitute for RR Work production with a compatible EL part whose part description says (in blue text) that it includes a Blacksmith workshop.

Hmm, well I'm confused. I reactivated it and went in game to test launch the lab. The start blacksmith worked as did filling up RRWork:

oHc5mBRMWCQ4xiTR-hfpgzM0JvCGpbY4pu6cyXnE

Edited by Nori

Hi !

Quick issue report with both stock patched fuel cells : fuel switching doesn't work in flight scene (editor yes), even with the suggested quicksave/load. Only the LF/Ox mix is working rn.

I'll attach logs later if needed

Peace

Edited by kurgut

@kurgut Check your RPM version in CKAN. There is a known bug which breaks B9PS on resource converters. This bug gets squashed in RPM v0.31.12. (I haven't playtested and confirmed for myself but JonnyOThan went out of his way to deal with that for me.)

If this is some new bug then sending logs may not be helpful. There were no errors or other bad news for me to find in my own logs. Both mods were working as well as ever, just that when RPM did its runtime things, it ended up setting up B9PS with false information. You'll have to clone and then dissect your game install to find the offending mod if it's some other mod now that's causing your problem. Or, if you have the latest RPM, take it out anyway and see if it's causing this new bug.

14 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@kurgut Check your RPM version in CKAN.

Thanks for your reply,
hmm it's weird since I'm intentionally not running the latest RPM, since I know it has issues. But maybe my version has too, who knows, I'm running 0.31.11.1 (latest is *.13.0)
I'll look more into it if I have time, but giving the plethora of mods... you know ^^

On 5/10/2023 at 5:00 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

This includes EL CRP and adds System Heat integration (but it changes the EL converter modules for System Heat's extension of stock converter modules). @UltraJohn @Aebestach come and try it out.

I'm sorry I just saw this now. I tested it earlier and found that I encountered the same problem in a certain place. Previously, I also rewrote ELConverter to be compatible with SystemHeat at the same time, but when I deleted ExtraSpaceCenters.cfg from ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads\Resources, an error occurred (as shown in the attached picture, when used together with StationPartsExpansionRedux).
The reason for deleting ExtraSpaceCenters.cfg is that CRP and EL use almost identical resources (MetalOre), and you will find two similarly named metal ores if they are not removed.
I have been thinking about whether it is possible to convert EL's MetalOre to use CRP's MetallicOre, so that it can be compatible with more planet mods.
However, your adaptation is a very excellent job.
oNntWlv.jpg

3 hours ago, Aebestach said:

I'm sorry I just saw this now. I tested it earlier and found that I encountered the same problem in a certain place. Previously, I also rewrote ELConverter to be compatible with SystemHeat at the same time, but when I deleted ExtraSpaceCenters.cfg from ExtraplanetaryLaunchpads\Resources, an error occurred (as shown in the attached picture, when used together with StationPartsExpansionRedux).
The reason for deleting ExtraSpaceCenters.cfg is that CRP and EL use almost identical resources (MetalOre), and you will find two similarly named metal ores if they are not removed.
I have been thinking about whether it is possible to convert EL's MetalOre to use CRP's MetallicOre, so that it can be compatible with more planet mods.
However, your adaptation is a very excellent job.
oNntWlv.jpg

There isn't really a point in deleting EL's ExtraSpaceCenters.cfg (a terrible file name..) if you are using RR. It's resources are replaced and if you update EL at some point, it's one less thing to think about.
I do really wish EL's creator had gotten on board with CRP. Would have made everyone's life simpler...

Hi !

I'm currently running a career with a very high focus on ISRU chains, I'm using KSPIE, and added "self imposed" rules, to not be able to launch "complicated" ressources from KSC, but rather having to ISRU them in the first place, and use them in Situ, or ship them back to Kerbin, where they're stored in a "warehouse" (my notepad lol) and thus can be used in craft newly construced from the VAB/SPH...

I started a few testing things already, but I'd like the ressources to be even rarer in 2 ways :

- most importantly : I'd like each ressources to be less available in a given amount of biomes : eg. for the Mun, make urananite very rare and restricted to very few biomes only, same for other stuff. I like the idea of needing to have mutliple mining facilites at the sweet spots , to actually require me to go more all around the planet, and thus increase the need for surface logistics, to attain bases self- sufficiency for instance/manufacturing certain ressources, and open/expand interesting gameplay loops.
- global availabilty : also I'd simply just like all ressources to be even in lesser quantity than they are currently.

Can those 2 goals be achieved for an ongoing save, via some patching maybe ? If so, could you provide some little guidance to orient me in the right direction, that'd be much apreciated !

Thanks for your help ! :) 

Peace

Edited by kurgut

@kurgut Hi again. You can indeed arrange the first point by reducing the presence chance value. This makes a resource less likely to spawn in a biome. A patch would look like this:

@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#Tag[Srf*],#ResourceName[Uraninite]]:BEFORE[RationalResources]
{
	@Distribution
	{
		@PresenceChance *= 0.4
	}
}

For reducing global availability (abundances once present) a patch would look like one of these:

@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#Tag[Srf*],~ResourceName[Rock]]:BEFORE[RationalResources] // either nerf all but Rock because Rock
{
	@Distribution
	{
		@MinAbundance *= 0.4
		@MaxAbundance *= 0.4
	}
}

@PLANETARY_RESOURCE:HAS[#Tag[Srf*]]:BEFORE[RationalResources] // or nerf all
{
	@Distribution
	{
		@MinAbundance *= 0.4
		@MaxAbundance *= 0.4
	}
}

42 minutes ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Hi again. You can indeed arrange the first point by reducing the presence chance value. This makes a resource less likely to spawn in a biome. A patch would look like this:

Thanks for your reply, perfect !

Ok, so you actually didn't choose in which biomes certain ressources are spawning/is it done randomly ? Because fort instance you often have water assigned to poles, which makes sense, but If I apply the first patch, do I have the risk, for instance, to not have water anymore at the poles ?
Also I assume the 0.4 value is linear, correct ?
I'm trying to unrderstand it a bit more all this since I'm not familiar with it : )
thank you

edit : looked through your configs and indeed I think it doesn't, since you seem to define ressource distribution tags, and apply them to planets.
But I still don't get how is the biome ressource repartition handled within those tags...

Edited by kurgut

3 hours ago, kurgut said:

Ok, so you actually didn't choose in which biomes certain ressources are spawning/is it done randomly ?

Generally, no. I do have some exceptions apart from water for Mun's poles but writing the biome configs (especially the subtractive ones which I call "biome nuke" and whose purpose is to empty a biome of its resources) is a whole big load of tedium all by itself because biome configs have more need of the name of each planet than planet-wide configs. And the MM cache will bloat even harder if a lot of these configs exist; Not every planet has the same biomes and no one can be bothered to keep that much track of things; Folks may disagree, and moreso (and worse yet, I might change my mind later) on such specific resource placement for several resources.

Fooling around with classic stock resources and ran into a issue.

pnyrKem.jpg

Additionally, I'm not sure if there is a issue with FFT, RR and Classic stock resources, but I get tons of errors when I have all those.

raq105o.jpg

From what I can tell, Explodium isn't created if FFT is installed. Explodium.cfg

Hexagen I'm not sure. When I remove FFT it works just fine and I just have the error in my first image.

Logs for with no FFT below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r7eedmia3rlfpjl/Log.zip?dl=0

18 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:
@PresenceChance *= 0.4
18 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:
@MinAbundance *= 0.4
		@MaxAbundance *= 0.4

@JadeOfMaar hi again, sorry last question I promise haha
What is the default value for those ? Just so I know by how much I'm actually influencing ressources chance compared to default.

I'm also confused on why it needs to be run "BEFORE[RationalResources]", If I had something, I'd have surely tried to run it AFTER, but again I'm new to your mod structuration so...

2 hours ago, kurgut said:

@JadeOfMaar hi again, sorry last question I promise haha

Lol hi. The default values are whatever: Where you see *= that means to multiply by this value; my suggestions for config are reducing the numbers to 40% of their originals. (Similarly, += means add, -= means subtract, /= means divide, and != means exponential........ ^= is used for regex, not math.)

why it needs to be run "BEFORE[RationalResources]",

This is so because during RationalResources, the templated resource placement configs are given to planets that have a template. If you do :AFTER as usual, all of those calculated and applied resoure placments exist so there would be so much more work for MM to do. Use :BEFORE to modify the templates before they're handed out.

You're welcome.